M-Tac and Kimber Pro Carry

This is a discussion on M-Tac and Kimber Pro Carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I carry a glock 22 on duty, glock 27 in a c-tac IWB off duty. That has been my setup for years. Recently, I ...

Thread: M-Tac and Kimber Pro Carry

M-Tac and Kimber Pro Carry

So I carry a glock 22 on duty, glock 27 in a c-tac IWB off duty. That has been my setup for years. Recently, I recieved a pro carry for a birthday gift. Absolutely loved it. I have decided to make it my carry piece. So, for christmas, my girlfriend bought me a m-tac IWB holster for my kimber. It is a great holster, but I am having trouble with printing (since the frame is full size). I carried my 27 at the 5 o'clock position, but this prints way too much with the kimber. I did adjust the cant all the way forward on my m-tac, but still no dice. At what position do you guys with a full size or commander size 1911 carry IWB?

2. Remove Ads

Right at about 2:30/3:00 works for me. I had to switch to a magazine without the basepad though. The base pad on my factory magazines was what was getting me. I am able to hide mine in my SS2 that I just got under a fairly tight button up shirt. I hope you can figure something out! Best of luck!
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Similar issues trying to wear my SIG P220 back that far. It's great right at 3 o'clock, but I have yet to find a way to conceal the grip very well in the 4--5 o'clock position. So I am just getting used to having it at 3:00, where it really does work quite well.

I have it canted as delivered, which looks right about 15 degrees, and I lowered the entire holster by one peg on each clip so it would ride lower in the waistband.

5:00 sounds tough... that holster should work much better from 3:00 to 4:00.
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

Wow. 5:00. That's way back there. I would print like no tomorrow.

I carry my Pro Carry in an OWB holster at 3:00 with 15° of cant.

Tall guns (full size grip) need to be moved forward, short guns (like the G27) can be moved rearward. I carry my G30 at 4:00 but anything like a 1911 has to be at 3:00.

Arms at your side. Bring your hand to your beltline ONLY by moving your elbow straight back. Where your hand meets your belt is where your gun should go. This is your natural draw point. Minor adjustments for comfort may be made.

3:00 works fine, UNLESS you have love handles! I tend to have to go in front or behind or I get pinched.

Lead Moderator
    9 o' clock as I am LH'ed. It seems to conceal the grip the best.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have the same problem. I carry an XD9 subcompact 90% of the time(work, around the house, etc.). I use a crossbreed supertuck positioned at 4:30/5 0'clock. I tried my kimber pro in the same position and it printed badly as well. The only place I can carry the kimber is at 3 o'clock. The slim profile of the 1911 does not stick out away from my hip and with the right can of the holsters the grip fits against my side perfectly. Give that a try.

I have a SA LW Champion 1911 I dearly love but I've pretty well come to the conclusion that I won't be able to conceal it (or the S&W M&P 9mm full size which is the same size as the Champ.) I'm just not wide enough, fore to aft, if that makes any sense. I think I could conceal the compact version of the M&P as I can pretty well conceal my XD40SC (that I'm going to sell or trade as I like the M&P platform, better.)

So, until I figure out what I'm going to do concerning concealing a semi auto, I'm carrying my 2 1/4" SP101 .357 which conceals very well for me.

Cloudpeak

The valley of the sun scorched earth(Phx,Az)
    It's already been said but I will put in my .02 anyway. I carry my Kimber Tactical Pro II in a C-Tac holster at 3:00.
    NRA Life Member USCCA Member

Freedoms Precious Metals:Gold, Silver and Lead

"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

Kimber Tactical Pro II w/EE over 2000 rnds NO MALFUNCTIONS

It's not ONLY location, but also cant that controls printing. Try a very steep cant (25-30 degrees) over a straight up or FBI (15 deg). The steep cant makes the grip ride the body better and won't stick straight out when bending. Here's some 25's.

Yeah, I've got the can't all the way forward on my m-tac. I'm gonna try 3:00 to 3:30 now and see how that goes. I appreciate it guys.

Links