Met Kevin at K&D...

This is a discussion on Met Kevin at K&D... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, yesterday, we drove over to the in-laws in Plant City (just E of Tampa). While out and about, I decided to pay a visit ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Met Kevin at K&D...

Met Kevin at K&D...

So, yesterday, we drove over to the in-laws in Plant City (just E of Tampa).

While out and about, I decided to pay a visit to the soon-to-be gestational location for my firearm concealment and retention device (i.e., where my holster will soon be created).

One of my sons and I had the chance to meet Kevin and his wife, to see their place of operation, and some of the great work he is doing on holsters for both concealed carry and cowboy action(lots of samples). Also, some great knife work. I also got to see Kevin's bike, Coca Cola sofa (in process) and lay hands on some of the different exotic skins he has.

Of course, we talked too long and I got in trouble for it.
    But, it was well worth it to meet Kevin and see what he has going on.

for the great leather work he is doing.
    Last edited by miklcolt45; December 27th, 2007 at 10:24 AM. Reason: watched smilie more closely...ooops.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Great to here that. Kevin is what the idea of a professional custom holster maker is to the rest of us.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Be very, very careful about hanging around in Kevin's shop. You can catch a very serious disease there and the only cure will be spending money on custom holsters.....
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Assistant Administrator
    You can catch a very serious disease there and the only cure will be spending money on custom holsters.....
    Definite risk but - the side benefit is inhaling those delicious leather fumes

Wish I was less far away and could call in to see them.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    Be very, very careful about hanging around in Kevin's shop. You can catch a very serious disease there and the only cure will be spending money on custom holsters.....
    E,

Already caught that disease, I think.
    Must've been one of them computer viruses or somethin'.

I'm just waiting on the cure...my new Dakota Defender.
    Well...at least it will be the medication to keep symptoms under control...for awhile.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Definite risk but - the side benefit is inhaling those delicious leather fumes

Wish I was less far away and could call in to see them.

Well, you could take a mid winter snow break and head down here. There might be holster gawking, gun showing and pistol shooting involved.......
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

VIP Member
    Hey, Mike, was he working on my Laredo? Kevin does great work and is a great guy to talk to. I get to talk to Cindy on occasion and she is great to talk to as well. A week or so ago I found out that Cindy and I have the same favorite color: Black. Look at my holsters and you might figure that out without me telling you.

Mike, like Chris I am a little jealous right now. I would really like to go visit myself. Problem is I keep spending my travel money on more holsters.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    One of my sons and I had the chance to meet Kevin and his wife, to see their place of operation, and some of the great work he is doing on holsters for both concealed carry and cowboy action(lots of samples).
    But, did he offer you a COKE????

(Just couldn't resist asking. )
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    But, did he offer you a COKE????

(Just couldn't resist asking. )
    No COKE. No Pocket Defenders. No knives.
    Just good hospitality and a rundown on the process.

Now, if I could have just warned him, I could maybe have saved a few dollars and a few weeks and just picked up my holster while I was there.

Sigh....

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Hey, Mike, was he working on my Laredo?

Mike, like Chris I am a little jealous right now. I would really like to go visit myself. Problem is I keep spending my travel money on more holsters.
    George,

There was a MESS (that's Southern talk for 'a whole bunch') of holsters on the table and in various stages of completion.
    Didn't see your name.

Cindy was nice as well (but Kevin did most of the talking).

Anyway, come on down. We can figure out a place for you to stay.
    And, we could use a few armed GGs in FL this time of year. (Tourist season, remember?)

Albert Einstein

Mike, I must say that I am a bit envious!! I have had the pleasure of speaking with Kevin a few times on the phone, but I would really like to get to meet him in person. He is a great guy!! I would also really like to see his bike.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Wish I could make that trip!!

Well, Mike, I'm sorry to hear you got in trouble. I get that all the time from Cindi - once I start talking holsters and guns, good lordy, it's hard to keep me quiet.

I always enjoy the opportunity to show folks around the shop. It helps them to understand the process of making holsters and how it all comes together in the end.

ElCruisr used to ask me all of the time when he would get his holster. He hasn't asked much anymore after he received our POC Defender....

Visitors are always welcome to the shop - you just got to tolerate the Coca-Cola stuff.

Administrator
    That would be interesting to see his shop and great to shoot the bull with him.
    If he offers you a Coca~Cola don't say "Yes"...because it probably will be totally flat and in a 50 year old glass Coke bottle.
    Just "play it safe" & politely say....
    "No Thanks, but I'll take a Mountain Dew if you happen to have a cold one."
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by K-Man View Post
    ElCruisr used to ask me all of the time when he would get his holster. He hasn't asked much anymore after he received our POC Defender....
    Yeah but I got me a free prototype custom holster to evaluate out of the deal! A true "collectors item", a thing of beauty and a joy forever!

Oh, and my wife worries when I talk to Kevin too much, even worse if I go to the shop. And that spare change fund in my drawer is about ready for another visit..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links