Carry Options....

This is a discussion on Carry Options.... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Title of this sub forum is "Concealed Carry Holsters & Carry Options" so here goes.... A MAN HAS GOT TO HAVE OPTIONS.... What do you ...

Thread: Carry Options....

Carry Options....

Title of this sub forum is "Concealed Carry Holsters & Carry Options" so here goes....

A MAN HAS GOT TO HAVE OPTIONS.... What do you use...

I almost always have the AMT Backup .380 in Tex Shoemaker leather(Center) it goes in a front pocket, coat pocket, wallet pocket... wherever the situation dictates... it is my official "better than nothing gun".

The next most often carried is the HK USP 40c (shown above at~11:30) in a Sparks VMII... Comfy and after all the shooting drills with that gun, I can hardly miss even if I am trying... Got to love the HK... I have several holsters for this one, but it rides in the VMII most of the time..

The Kahr MK40 Elite98 (shown above at ~6:30) is the next most carried... it is at home in a CTAC rig that disapears when worn with the velcro backed Beltman gun belt... Super sweet setup, but it is heavy... would like to replace this with a polymer version, but since it is so accurate and no issues, I keep it...

After the Kahr it is the Glock 23 (shown above at ~12:30) in a Milt Sparks Nelson Patriot (NP1). This is a very nice set up, but requires cover garment and this is the only rig I have ever been "MADE" in... Works well in winter...

The Ruger SP101 (shown above at ~3:00) is in an AKJ Concealco Holster (see review posted here on it) and is brandy new to me... I have carried it around the house, but it will require more range time before it can be qualified as a carry gun....

At 9:00 is the Springfield Armory Micro Compact Loaded in a KD holster... This is my dress gear... It just plain looks pretty.. the wife says it is a shame to cover it up... (gotta love her)... This gets carried infrequently as this will be a pass me down gun to my son when he gets of age...

At 5:30 is the Smith and Wesson 945-40, it is in a Hooper Holster? Off Ebay.. The gun is built off the 4516 frame and mimics the larger 945, but this one shoots .40 ammo... The gun is different enough that finding a good fit in a holster has been difficult... This one too will be a hand me down gun, going to my daughter (sons twin sister).

The rest of them are safe queens or common shooters that will never warrent a holster... I do have a .44 black powder revolver with an ancient leather holster that I left out of the picture... It is hanging on the wall in my shop, right under my grandfathers single shot "Pioneer Feeds" .22 cal rifle.

SHOW ME YOURS!
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

2. Remove Ads

Sure, but can you carry them all at once?

Seriously, nice collection. I carry a Kahr PM9 three seasons, and a S&W340PD in winter where it can easily transition between parka outer pocket to pants front pocket when I go indoors.

I like 'em all except the 'open trigger' rig...too dangerous for me...OMO

Stay armed...keep the trigger covered...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Robb.... To wear them all, I would have to add a couple feet of waist line... don't like the thought of that, so one on the belt at a time for now...

retsupt99, the pocket holster with the open trigger has never been an issue. The AMT has a grip safety and a very tight safety lever so it is still reasonably safe. I do not carry anything else in the pocket with it... going on 6 or 7 years now with it as a daily companion. I did have to ceramic coat the pistol as it was looking ROUGH... I try to put a couple of mags of ammo down the tube on that one every week, as it is a constant companion... same with the HK and Kahr...

The Hooper Holster has never been worn... I bought it basically to see what variant of the 4516 the 945-40 was built off (there are three variants, all with different trigger guards...Ruled one out with it)

Good luck and good shooting...

Cheers

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

Quote Originally Posted by Prvt. Toter View Post
    Robb.... To wear them all, I would have to add a couple feet of waist line... don't like the thought of that, so one on the belt at a time for now...
    Youtube has a bunch of demonstrations like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdRE-...eature=related

Sure, it's easy enough to conceal while standing still, but I'd like to see the demonstrators try to walk around!!

And I thought the MK40 was heavy....

I'd like to see him sit down.

Administrator
    Thanks for posting the pic.
    Nice selection.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links