Yaqui Slide/Yaqui Skin

This is a discussion on Yaqui Slide/Yaqui Skin within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone out there have/had/experienced one of these. I have a feeling I am going to be one of those guys that has a BOX full ...

Thread: Yaqui Slide/Yaqui Skin

Yaqui Slide/Yaqui Skin

Anyone out there have/had/experienced one of these.
    I have a feeling I am going to be one of those guys that has a BOX full of holsters that $$$$$$$$ wise add up to a new gun! Just trying my best to avoid that.
    It would be for either/or the P239 or the P220C

Anyway..... be interested to hear about this one.

BTW..... on the High Noon website they also have some new holsters that are ready to ship..... looks like the "skin" version is fake leather?

Thanks in advance,

JP
    Sig P239
    Sig P238
    Glock 17
    Glock 36
    S&W 60
    WHAT ELSE COULD YOU ASK FOR?

2. Remove Ads

I don't like leaving my muzzle/slide exposed. Whenever you sit down, you either slam the muzzle into the chair or are rubbing it against the arm. A holster is meant to protect the gun while carrying it.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I don't like leaving my muzzle/slide exposed. Whenever you sit down, you either slam the muzzle into the chair or are rubbing it against the arm. A holster is meant to protect the gun while carrying it.
    Exactly!

I carry both a 4" and 5" 1911 in a variety of Yaqui slides on a regular basis w/out problems.

I have numerous HIGH NOON holsters and reccomend them . If you don't like it or decide on a different one , they will exchange it .

One benefit to a slide holster is it will fit any size of the same platform...Gov't, commander, compact, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 45MINK View Post
    I have numerous HIGH NOON holsters and reccomend them . If you don't like it or decide on a different one , they will exchange it .
    *** If you go to their website you'll see that are stocking holsters for delivery. But..... I wonder about the material they are made of. Looks like a synthetic leather......... check it out and you'll see what I mean.

JP
    Sig P239
    Sig P238
    Glock 17
    Glock 36
    S&W 60

Without a covered barrel, one may sit down and push up the weapon out of the holster...not for me...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I've been looking at them today also. I have a "Mr. Softy" from them and I am quite happy with it. I'm thinking I may give one of the "Yaqui Skins" a try....at that price I don't think you can go wrong. I'm not too concerned about the "laminate skin" they are talking about. I've wasted more than that on holsters before and if nothing else, I can use it while I wait for a custom holster.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Yaqui slide problems

I have a Yaqui slide in my unused holster box. It is not a good design for several reasons:

1. Sitting down in a chair with arms can push the gun up out of the holster, causing it to fall.

2. The gun's slide end has no protection and will receive dings and scratches.

3. A Yaqui slide does not hold the gun very close to the body, due to its design - it sticks out and will be more likely to print on your cover garment.

4. If your cover garment rides up, a gun slide or barrel will be exposed, which is obviously a gun to those who see it. If a full length holster is exposed below your cover garment, it is not as easily recognized as what it is and is less likely to alarm others.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

An excellent way to have your gun knocked clear of your holster. I'd look for something else that better protects and covers the barrel & slide.

I'm kinda leaning away from it now..... maybe it is better suited for being a handy device for just being out at the range. I guess I pictured it as being handy and comfy for those walks at night during the summer. I'd never thought about it from the sitting down/etc. side of view.
    That's why I LOVE this forum! Getting others points of views is very valuable!

JP
    Sig P239
    Sig P238
    Glock 17
    Glock 36
    S&W 60

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JPP View Post
    *** If you go to their website you'll see that are stocking holsters for delivery. But..... I wonder about the material they are made of. Looks like a synthetic leather......... check it out and you'll see what I mean.

JP
    They're glove leather. I bought their tuckable about a year ago. The quality is fine but too flimsy for me.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by JPP View Post
    I'm kinda leaning away from it now..... maybe it is better suited for being a handy device for just being out at the range. I guess I pictured it as being handy and comfy for those walks at night during the summer.
    JP
    For those uses, yes, it will work very well and be very comfortable - assuming you wear a windbreaker or sweater for your evening walks. I use one sometimes and I've never had the "ejection" issue being seated, although I can certainly see it happening so I won't deny it as quite possible. I like mine, but I very seldom use it.

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

Links