Anything like this "holster" already existing?

This is a discussion on Anything like this "holster" already existing? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A few years ago, I asked my taylor to include an inside pocket below belt level in front of the right hip of my trousers ...

Thread: Anything like this "holster" already existing?

Anything like this "holster" already existing?

A few years ago, I asked my taylor to include an inside pocket below belt level in front of the right hip of my trousers where I could keep my passport and some cash. Carrying my ID and money that way gave me the idea to make an inside holster based on the same concept and I made a few for undercovered LEO friends.
    I am told something like this already exist in US, any information? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

in the catagorie if a smart carry, but they don't have Holster, it's a pocket, and no retention strap. It looks closer to that design then a belly band. Let us know how it works. Check smartcarry, they have a patent on there item and you can see there design details through the patent office. There big difference is "no down ward seams to snag" and "waterproof backing". Just remember : If you build it and market it and it's good...they will come.

Yep Smartcarry makes it with the right materials so no sweeting on the gun.

MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Anyway to also see that design by itself with a gun in it like MNBurl posted?

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

No smart carry for me...can't see the gun...can't quickly draw the gun...
    No Saf-T-Lock either...
    Having both...good luck defending yourself!

OMO...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

By the looks of it, the Smart Carry might blow one of my friends off, but the one that Edmond posted is taking the whole family jewels.....
    www.RKBAholsters.com

Check it out for quality reasonably priced leather and kydex Pocket, IWB and OWB Holsters......

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    No smart carry for me...can't see the gun...can't quickly draw the gun...
    No Saf-T-Lock either...
    Having both...good luck defending yourself!

OMO...
    I definately agree with the not so smart carry holster. But the more I look at it, it actually could be an option when wearing athletic shorts in the summer time. Easy carry, easy draw being elastic type shorts and easy concealment. I don't know, I think I am going to try it in the summer time and see how I like it for that purpose. I am for sure not wearing a fany pack and the belly bands would seem to make you sweat.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    I definately agree with the not so smart carry holster. But the more I look at it, it actually could be an option when wearing athletic shorts in the summer time. Easy carry, easy draw being elastic type shorts and easy concealment. I don't know, I think I am going to try it in the summer time and see how I like it for that purpose. I am for sure not wearing a fany pack and the belly bands would seem to make you sweat.

Ti
    I don't have a Smart Carry yet, but I'll probably get one for the type of situation you just described. Sure, the draw will be slower, but not every defensive situation involves you standing face to face against Black Bart on Main Street at high noon and him saying, "Draw!"

Better to have a slower draw than to be unarmed.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

may I suggest that with my limited (3+ years) experience with SC I haven't had any problems. I can draw in under 2 seconds and I can do it one or two handed. Thats with a belt on. It's the best deep concealment rig i've tried. Ankle holster leaves you very vulnerable needing to stoop down or go one legged.
    It's the same with .45 vs ?, auto vs revolver,... your never going to convince the mass' , but i'm happy with it, it's pretty comfortable and i'm just about done breaking in my 2nd one, since the first was worn alittle thin.
    Edmond, though your idea apears to be simular, there is nothing wrong with improving on an idea. See what you can do. Nothing is perfect.

Under 2 seconds is slow in my book, sorry. A good IWB can chop that time, and unless your an Officer with the requirement to work undercover, why bother? Just my opinion and I'm sure about a zillion others won't agree with me.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    Under 2 seconds is slow in my book, sorry. A good IWB can chop that time, and unless your an Officer with the requirement to work undercover, why bother? Just my opinion and I'm sure about a zillion others won't agree with me.
    I agree. That's a pretty slow draw. But IWB holsters and sturdy belts look a bit silly with shorts and tank tops.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Thank you for your input, guys! Looks like I reinvented the wheel, LOL.
    About drawing under two seconds, it's no problem. I noticed that most of the people who carry cannot draw under two seconds from a hip holster, an inside or a SOB. and then I noticed that most of them miss the target....
    Kicking asses with my wheel gun in IPSC when competing against Glocks helped me to relativize about quick draw, pratical carry and hitting the target...

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I agree. That's a pretty slow draw. But IWB holsters and sturdy belts look a bit silly with shorts and tank tops.
    I guess that depends. I carry with jean shorts, a 1 3/4 inch belt, a Crossbreed Super Tuck, wearing a tank top. Usually either a G19 or a G22. When the snow flies I change to long jeans, but still a tank top, with maybe a long sleeve shirt left unbuttoned.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    2 seconds is better than not having your weapon. That said, I'm one of the slower guys on my EP team with a 1.5 second draw to aimed fire and 1.1 second draw to point fire.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    Thank you for your input, guys! Looks like I reinvented the wheel, LOL.
    About drawing under two seconds, it's no problem. I noticed that most of the people who carry cannot draw under two seconds from a hip holster, an inside or a SOB. and then I noticed that most of them miss the target....
    Kicking asses with my wheel gun in IPSC when competing against Glocks helped me to relativize about quick draw, pratical carry and hitting the target...
    There's a lot of truth in this Edmond. You cannot miss fast enough to win. That said, professionals who train weekly will outdraw and shoot you with that time. Luckily, 9/10 professionals are good guys.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Links