Pagerpal - Page 2

Pagerpal

This is a discussion on Pagerpal within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was interested in them and finally got to try one at a gun show. The sales guy was high pressure and full of it. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pagerpal

I was interested in them and finally got to try one at a gun show. The sales guy was high pressure and full of it. I tried the holster out and found it just didn't work for me at all. The salesman kept pushing and I walked away.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I got one for a NAA Guardian and it just didn't work for me. Now the Guardian is gone but the PP is still hanging around. I need to find a buyer for it, it's definately not doing me any good.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

VIP Member
    It has been claimed and shipped. Thanks for the interest.

If anybody want to try one cheap PM me. I will send it to you for the cost of postage.

I do not expect a reply, I have been trying to give this thing away since my first day on Combat Carry and have had no takers yet.

This one is the large size and has had a pistol in it two or three times.
    Last edited by dr_cmg; August 6th, 2006 at 12:00 AM. Reason: PagerPal has been claimed
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I tried the Pager Pal for my Kel-tec and found it was (for me) slow and uncomfortable.

I found the pocket holster to be a better solution for the BUG, since it's very natually accessed with one hand. I prefer a strong-side IWB for the primary. Even going the tuckable route for greater concealment, you can, with practice, still draw one-handed. I think that's better than a cross-draw which requires two hands, in most circumstances.

This reflects what I've personally discovered, and in no way do I declare it to be universal truth!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by majordad
    Has anyone have any further opinions on the PagerPal? I am looking at carrying a chief's special with my shirt tucked. I would love to carry my XD9 4" or my 1911 but work requires much sitting so I don't think the PagerPal would be very comfortable.
    I've been carrying a PPK/S in a pagerpal everyday for over a year, and I think it's great. I just bought a Smith&Wesson CS45, and ordered a new pagerpal for it too. The new pagerpal hasn't arrived yet, but I'll let you know how it works once it does.

The PPK has become form-fitted to its pagerpal, and I don't want to stretch it out by ramming the CS45 in.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I wear my at 3 o'clock.That's the only postion it's comfortable;been
    doing that for a couple of years.

I'm wearing mine as I type. It's not so much uncomfortable, as it is less comfotable than a traditional IWB. Yep, presentation is degraded. I also find that in lightweight slacks, the hoslter kicks out with my XD40sc and looks weird. With Dockers...like today, it's better, though the grip prints. ("What are you lookin' at, buddy?" or "Hey, sweetie...you think so?" ) A slimmer pistol would seem to be indicated. With denim jeans...no probs at all. The PA-63 (Walther PP clone) doesn't do any better due to grip size. The 2" revo does fine, too.

Would I choose it again? Dunno. I'd like to try and IWB tuckable, even though the "holster brain trust" (intended respectfully) on this site doesn't like them for well written reasons. The only other option I can see for deep carry is in the pocket. For that, I'd want a smaller wep...since the wife has confiscated my revolver.

So, does it work? Maybe. Is it my first choice? No. Is it an option? Sure. Maybe I do need to buy that Kahr CW9, after all.

Michael
    XD9 Service, CZ-75B, Glock 21, Kel-Tec P3AT
    Rifles...yes...and shotguns....and
    "Unofficial Legislative Attache...er...Watchdog...er...Agitator."
    "Yes, I vote...but not for the candidate I prefer: None of the Above."

Oh...I forgot to mention a role in which the PagerPal EXCELS!!!!

Ahem...put wep in PagerPal. Pull out top drawer of nightstand about six inches. Slip "pager" over side of drawer. Wep is in reach and is holstered.

That's the way I usually use my PagerPal.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by DizTbone
    Oh...I forgot to mention a role in which the PagerPal EXCELS!!!!

Ahem...put wep in PagerPal. Pull out top drawer of nightstand about six inches. Slip "pager" over side of drawer. Wep is in reach and is holstered.

That's the way I usually use my PagerPal.

Michael
    That's an excellent idea. Instead of selling mine, I think I'll look at this application for it. I've been wanting to rig some sort of a bedside holster, and this might very well be just the ticket!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Rod, I'm happy to have had an idea worth copying!

Michael

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DizTbone
    Rod, I'm happy to have had an idea worth copying!

Michael
    Michael, some of us didn't get to copy your excellent idea because we shipped the PagerPal a couple of hours before you posted the idea. Ah, well maybe I'll have a great idea and keep it to myself. I've never had a great one before, so I don't think I'll hold my breathe.

It really is a great idea and I am kicking myself for having a PagerPal on a table in plain view from February to August and not thinking of it. As I said I haven't had a great idea before . . .
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg
    Michael, some of us didn't get to copy your excellent idea because we shipped the PagerPal a couple of hours before you posted the idea. Ah, well maybe I'll have a great idea and keep it to myself. I've never had a great one before, so I don't think I'll hold my breathe.

It really is a great idea and I am kicking myself for having a PagerPal on a table in plain view from February to August and not thinking of it. As I said I haven't had a great idea before . . .

Ha Ha..... I'll try it out and let you know how I like it...hehe.

Just kidding.

I thought about trying the pagerpal, several times. I even tried ordering one online. Their lack of customer service (they never called me back, nor did they even email me) helped me make my decision to NOT go with Pagerpal. I probably wouldn't have liked it anyway. The only weapon I ever carry IWB is my Taurus revolver. All the rest go in a Fobus paddle holster.

JD
    Administrator
    Bought one, have no idea where it's at, my carry gun at the time was too bulky at the time and my crotch looked kinda funny with a double stack .45. stuffed down the front of my pants....

Which always lead to the question is that a .45 in your pants or are you happy to see me?

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg
    As I said I haven't had a great idea before . . .
    George... I'm just old enough to doubt that I have had many or any great ideas. I'm now in the business of a few ideas in the okay to good range, here and there.

The Pager Pal-on-nightstand idea was an accident. (Sort of like Archimedes' discovery of measuring mass by displacement in a pool of water.) I was just looking for somewhere to put the wep where I could get to it. After much trial, I pulled the Pager Pal off one day and just hung it on the open drawer. Eureka! The rest, as the saying goes, is history. Now...to accidentally invent something marketable...

Michael

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links