Tauris Holsters?

Tauris Holsters?

This is a discussion on Tauris Holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, anyone here have any experiance with Tauris Holsters? I am looking at two models from them and would like some feedback +/-. Below are ...

Thread: Tauris Holsters?

Tauris Holsters?

Hello, anyone here have any experiance with Tauris Holsters?
    I am looking at two models from them and would like some feedback +/-. Below are the two I am intersted in.Thanks

http://www.taurisholsters.com/lpitp.cfm

http://www.taurisholsters.com/citp.cfm
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H.L. Mencken
    De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites.
    ( Do not wish ill for your enemy,plan it)

كـافر

Interesting! Thanks for the link! I'm still shopping around and never heard of them before. Welcome to the forum in case I've missed you before!

Never heard of them but they do look interesting. They are sure proud of them as the best holster makers out there arn't charging what they want.

I'd have to look at one and inspect it, but they seem to use thick leather and I like thin as possible for ccw. Might be something to consider the bulk of those holsters.

Ti
    Last edited by Ti Carry; December 31st, 2007 at 09:55 AM.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

They look nice, I'd go with the "double duty" one (2nd pic) for versitality.

Thanks guys for the input.

Yeah they are somewhat expensive but they are cheaper than a Del Fatti, Sparks or the like and may be worth it depending on the wait time. He says he uses 8-9 oz leather is that thicker than most custom makers use? I have been using a $40 gun show pic up from Nevada Leather and its time to invest in a good holster and belt.

Thanks Ram Rod for the welcome.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H.L. Mencken
    De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites.
    ( Do not wish ill for your enemy,plan it)

كـافر

8-9 oz is thick, to thick for my tastes. If they are using the 8-9 oz for both front and back and then reinforcing the mouth with a strip of leather and the steel band then for me they are a tank.

This is interesting tho:

Although there is a metal reinforced band at the mouth of the holster to aid in rehostering, this band does not encircle the holster, thus giving it a thinner profile which aids in its concealability.
    This will cut down on the bulk at the mouth of the holster slightly but it is still going to be a heavier and bulkier than I want to deal with all day every day.

I like holsters that are 7-8 oz in the back and 6-7 oz in the front with no reinforcement at the mouth with either a steel band, strip of leather or both for reholstering purposes, no need IMO with concealed carry. I want them as thin, as light and as comfortable as possible yet still be durable. Comfort is the name of the game with IWB and several makers out there do what I am talking about very well.

I only bring this up because many times when looking at holsters many do not look at the actual differences in them, most just look at the design and think it would work good for them because they like they way the holster look's but are not considering the differnces in them as to what set's holsters apart from one another.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Mike is a retired Utica N.Y. cop and knows his way around holsters. His rigs are extremely solid and well built. I have one of his shoulder rigs and the quality is top notch. I asked Lou Alessi about him and he holds him in high regards. Good as a compliment that you could get!

Assistant Administrator
    I asked Lou Alessi about him and he holds him in high regards. Good as a compliment that you could get!
    True enough

I just checked to be sure he was on the mega holster-makers links list - he is.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I just read about him in American Handgunner>" I have puchased from him in the past - great service and a fine product.

Administrator

Thumbs up

I like that reinforced high ride holster without the retention strap. That looks real nice.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links