1 3/4" gun belt?

This is a discussion on 1 3/4" gun belt? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Found a great deal on the Bianchi Ranger gun belt, but it is a 1 3/4" belt, will this fit most Levi's Wranglers etc.... I ...

Thread: 1 3/4" gun belt?

1 3/4" gun belt?

Found a great deal on the Bianchi Ranger gun belt, but it is a 1 3/4" belt, will this fit most Levi's Wranglers etc.... I don't have a tape where I am at right now and I would appreciate some help.
    Thanks and happy new year!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Yes it will but that would be the maxium.

VIP Member
    Yup..

I tried one years ago, but found it uncomfortable and barely fit through SOME beltloops. Many holstermakers don't offer their products for that size. I've found 1 1/2" belts to be perfect for jeans, and about the max for Dockers or some dress pants.

Thanks y'all I appreciate the fast help.
    Kevin/NCHornet
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I agree with the above, 1.5 inches would be the max for me...I doubt any bigger would fit 5.11 shorts...(for winter in FL, it has to be the LONGER shorts though...)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I doubt any bigger would fit 5.11 shorts...(for winter in FL, it has to be the LONGER shorts though...)
    I wear a 1.75 Wilderness and it fits 5.11's fine. I found it to provide the best support for me.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Also have to make sure your current and any future holsters will work with the wider belt too.
    Jack

1.75" is way to big for me, heck sometimes I even have problems with my Wilderness Tactical 1.5" belt but I think that is more from the thickness.
    www.RKBAholsters.com

Check it out for quality reasonably priced leather and kydex Pocket, IWB and OWB Holsters......

I just got a 1.5" belt, and noticed that some of my devices with belt clips just barely clip onto the belt. My insulin pump barely clips on, but it takes some adjusting to get it to lock onto the belt. My blackberry (8703) belt holder does not make it around the belt, so it rides up from time to time. Are you able to try the belt on ahead of time? If not, maybe hit up a local department store and try on a 1.75" belt.

\\ACB
    Springfield XD 40 Tactical, Mossberg 590a1 12 gauge, Springfield MC Operator 1911

That size belt will fit in most circumstances. I found that my duty belt which is the same size but not as thick as a "gun" belt is pretty tight on some belt loops but it does go through with some english applied. Were it any thicker, it would be tough to get through but would probably get through with quite a bit more coersion. Like others have stated, some holsters and clips and such may not fit on that size belt.

I myself have a 1.5" belt from the beltman due to those types of issues. I was on the fnece about the 1.75" size and decided to try out the smaller 1.5". It was a good choice for me to go a little smaller since the belt fits absolutely everything and everything fits the belt. No issues.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

I really like the Ranger type belts, and I know my holster will be fine with the 1.75, but I didn't think about my celphone, I will need to check that. I may have found the solution though, Looper leather has a ranger style belt in 1.5", again thanks for all the input.
    NCH
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I wear Wranglers every day with a 1.75 inch rigger belt.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I prefer a 1.5" belt myself. I have to wear Dockers to work and a 1.75" just won't go through those loops. If a person buys a high quality 1.5" leather belt I really don't think one would find that they are lacking in anything. Very sturdy... IMHO.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Links