Need a good appendix carry holster for the 2 o'clock position

This is a discussion on Need a good appendix carry holster for the 2 o'clock position within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; +1 for Fist holsters, I have one for an old model Colt Cobra that rides great at the 2 oclock position...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a good appendix carry holster for the 2 o'clock position

+1 for Fist holsters, I have one for an old model Colt Cobra that rides great at the 2 oclock position

2. Remove Ads

Answer on Comp-Tac

Quote Originally Posted by MN Lefty View Post
    Does the 2 0'clock have a sweat guard on the inside? I'm considering one for my EMP. How is the comfort level of the kydex?
    There is a short sweat guard on the Comp-Tac 2 o'clock holster, which keeps the gun slightly away from your body. I find the holster pretty comfortable, and forget that I am wearing it. Since it is winter I wear it IWB but not "tucked", so I have my shirt and my underwear between the holster and my skin. I use an outer garment like a sweater vest, sweatshirt or similar to keep it hidden. I did notice that you have to position it so it doesn't bear directly on your pelvic bone, because that can be uncomfortable.

I also think that if you had a large stomach the appendix carry position might not be the best, for obvious reasons. But if your build is fairly normal it works well.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Any "beer-belly" guys carry this way? I've gone at 3:30 for so long. I think a front-carry would be uncomfortable for a big guy.

Kramer Cross Draw. Period. period. I have carried my officers .45 model (I am left handed) in a cross draw Kramer for 9 years when I am driving. Superb draw angle.

AZ Husker - I think it would depend on how hard your gut pushes against your pants, as well as how much "padding" you have there. I'm athletic-ish - not 100% fat free by a long shot, but I look fit and young and all that. The holster rubs my hip bone when I'm sitting down. I'm thinking of gaining a couple pounds to help with that....

I would try just sticking a gun (unloaded) where you think you might carry, and walk around the house, sit down, stand up etc.. and see if you think its a possibility. If so, get the holster. If it doesn't work out....you can put it in the box with the rest of them!

Austin

VIP Member
    Wearing one now... a Mitch Rosen Tito with a G-27.

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I also have a Mitch Rosen Tito's revenge with my Glock 27 but I now own a Kahr MK40 and need a 2 oclock for it so I ordered a comp tac 2 oclock.

My 2-O'clock is actually in the mail and I go to pick up my PM9 tomorrow. I have a MTAC from Comp Tac and the service is TOP NOTCH. After chatting with Randy (one of the main guys there) I decided to give this one a try. If it doesn't work out, I can always send it back for a CTAC or another MTAC without hassle.

(I also talked with Pogo so he helped sell me on the 2-O'clock as well )

The only problem I see as an avid AIWB wearer is the 2-O'clock rides a little higher than I personally like. I like the top of the belt line to fall just below the bottom of the grip line as to ride as low as possible. Do they make a longer clip for the 2-O'clock? If they did make different length clips a person could customize it to their liking.

I just got mine the other day, and it does ride a little high. I am looking to mix and match some mounting options from a couple of other CompTac holsters to find a decent compromise.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by LMarshall73 View Post
    I just got mine the other day, and it does ride a little high. I am looking to mix and match some mounting options from a couple of other CompTac holsters to find a decent compromise.
    Well I got mine (fine piece of work they did on it too) and turns out I'm not a 2-O'clock carry kind of guy. I have no tub or tire around the mid-section but Kydex up front (it's ok on the side, just not in the 2 O'Clock position) just isn't going to work for me.

I have to admit, I am a little spoiled with now comfortable my MTAC and SmartCarry are so keep that in mind.

I think I'll either return the 2-O'clock and get another MTAC for my PM9 or maybe look for another OWB holster. I have a pocket, and SmartCarry holster for when I need to tuck but no good OWB holsters at all.

*If any of you guys might want a brand new Comp-Tac 2-O'clock RH holster, I'll sell for $55 + $6 shipping.

ETA: I did talk with Randy at Comp-Tac and he said that if a can't or different drop is required, we can contact them at the time of purchase and they will try to build to your request.
    If Guns cause Crime, then Pencils cause Misspelled words.....

NE CCW
    Nebraska Concealed Carry

What model gun is your comp tac 2 oclock for I may be interested. I just called them and they told me the order never went through even though they charged me.... I was wondering why it was taking so long. It is for my Kahr MK40

Quote Originally Posted by kashton View Post
    What model gun is your comp tac 2 oclock for I may be interested. I just called them and they told me the order never went through even though they charged me.... I was wondering why it was taking so long. It is for my Kahr MK40
    It is for a PM9 so it'll definitely work. It'sw brand spankin new.

The payment interface on the new site is kind of "buggy" but I mentions that to them when I placed this last order.

PM me if interested. I can have it in the mail Monday if paying instantly with PP.
    If Guns cause Crime, then Pencils cause Misspelled words.....

NE CCW
    Nebraska Concealed Carry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links