Knife sheath for Glock mags

This is a discussion on Knife sheath for Glock mags within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With my 1911, I carried an extra mag in a nylon knife sheath. Not as quick to access as a mag carrier, but very secure ...

Thread: Knife sheath for Glock mags

With my 1911, I carried an extra mag in a nylon knife sheath. Not as quick to access as a mag carrier, but very secure with the velcro flap, concealable (since it looked like a knife or multi-tool) and comfortable (since there was no edge sticking into my side). I'm switching to a Glock 19 for EDC. A Glock mag won't fit in the sheath I've been using. I'm wondering if anyone does something similar with a Glock mag, and if so, what brand/size of knife sheath you use. I'm going to try and get out and check some shops, but if someone knew of something that worked, I could just get it on the net.

Thanks

A lot of people use multitool (Gerber, Leatherman, etc) sheaths, but I prefer a good old fashioned mag carrier.

I'd almost bet you will have to bump up to a fat multi tool type sheath/pouch in order to handle the double stack mag. Probably will prove to be hard to find that "one" like you were able to with the single stack but it never seems to fail that if it is possible someone, maybe many are using something like it already.

That is a good idea though. I have tried it before with some light pouches but they wouldn't close and cover the mag or have enough to reach to the velcro. I just started carrying a G30 myself so I will be interested if anyone comes up with something they have been using like this for an alternitive.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

If you want a flap-over design, check out LEO sources. Personally, I want an open mag pouch that EXACTLY fits the magazine living there!

VIP Member
    I don't really have a problem using an OWB magazine pouch. The one I have from Galco barely extends below my belt. Whatever I need to conceal my IWB holster and gun covers the magazine and pouch just fine too.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    I currently use a Sidearmor kydex OWB mag holder. It goes vertical or horizontal. I carry horizontal. The only thing I don't like about it is that you have to loop it through your belt. I just ordered a snap on one from Andrews Leather (to match my new Andrews MacDaniel II holster). I also prefer leather to kydex but it does work well.

http://www.sidearmor.com/cart/catalo...e_Carrier.html

As an FYI for people interested in this option, doing a search for "nylon pistol magazine pouches" yielded several such pouches made specifically for various types of pistol mags. (I had such an easy time finding a knife sheath that fit my 1911 mag that I never did such a search.)

I do have a question for those who carry Glock mags in a traditional mag carrier - does the back edge of the magazine baseplate (the side with the holes showing how many rounds are loaded) poke you in the side? I put on an OWB leather mag carrier from a top holster maker and was constantly being poked. I have used various holsters that were so comfortable that I 'forgot I had one on,' but I can't imagine ever forgetting I'm wearing this mag carrier.

I use a leather cell phone belt holster picked up at a re-sale shop. It has elastic side panels, fits and holds the mag securely.

I ordered a couple of these today:

http://home.comcast.net/~ccwinstruct...hes_pistol.htm

I got single pouches, one with the belt loop and one with the clip. They look thin, but that is what I want. I don't need a padded case with a flap that sticks way out. For $8 each, it's worth a try.

Links