Brigade Gunleather-anyone have experience with?

This is a discussion on Brigade Gunleather-anyone have experience with? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Every design borrows (to some degree) from an older design - the pancake by Baker is the progenitor of all the OWB belt slides on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brigade Gunleather-anyone have experience with?

Every design borrows (to some degree) from an older design - the pancake by Baker is the progenitor of all the OWB belt slides on the market. There is nothing new (usually) under the sun. Sparks credits other makers.

2. Remove Ads

Sig P220 Carry SAO in Brigade M-11

new to the forum.Looking for an iwb for my new sig 239.
    As i look at these pics i see metal or rivits(backside of snaps ) on the backside of the holster. The side facing your body.Do these bother
    you at all while carrying .I would think you dould get pinched.
    The website showed some with some without .
    i am confused.. help me out...

Design Patent

Holster Maker, research on the US patent site or contact a patent attorney. Design patent requirements are vastly different than utility patents. The paperwork is minimal. Protection patent time is one third less.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

varmonter,

Mine doesn't bother me, never been pinched either. But when I carry my PT1911, I have to wear a t-shirt or a-shirt between the 1911 and my side because of the grips rubbing. Hope it helps.
    NC CCH Instructor, NRA Instructor
    NRA
    GOA
    Beretta 96 Brigadier
    Kimber Pro Eclipse II 1911
    Taurus PT1911

Rj,

How thick is the reinforced mouth on the M-11? Does it add a lot of bulk? The slide guard seems to have an extra layer of leather too.

I don't have experience with any other IWB, but the amount of leather used in the M-11seems just right. I don't have any trouble re-holstering blind, nor do I have any trouble concealing under a T-shirt.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Just received my holsters from Brigade. Started a new thread so as to not hijack this one. Can see my thread here.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    You might want to research before you buy. There are complaints on other forums.

I don't think you can go wrong ordering from Brigade GunLeather. I own 2 M3 holsters one for my CZ85 and one that does double duty for my P229 and P220 Compact. The quality is excellent!!!

The only complaint that I have is the time for delivery now...up to a year's wait.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Quote Originally Posted by seanco66 View Post
    No disrespect ront, but couldn't the statement be framed from the opposite side, other people are copying brigades holsters and not giving them credit at all? I don't know the history of Brigade gunleather, or for that matter, the history of any of the custom holster makers, but from what I have seen while researching a IWB for myself is that there is not a whole lot of wild different designs for holsters out there. A holster is pretty much a holster. This is not a new technology that is recent to the last couple of decades, except for the advancement of new materials like polymers and kydex the leather holster has been around for a long time, so its possible that even the high end custom holster makers are "borrowing" ideas that have been around for quite some time now.
    No disrespect intended to anyone, this is just my opinion, I am sure that some will think my last statement to be blasphemous, and I am sure that some will get on to correct me.
    No disrespect taken seanco66. I would encourage you to search around the forum though and see what others have said about this issue. It has been talked about quite a bit. I am far from alone in my comments.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links