Brigade Gunleather-anyone have experience with?

This is a discussion on Brigade Gunleather-anyone have experience with? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm in the market for an IWB for my Kimber TLE/RE II with light rail and have been looking at Brigades M 11. Does anyone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brigade Gunleather-anyone have experience with?

I'm in the market for an IWB for my Kimber TLE/RE II with light rail and have been looking at Brigades M 11. Does anyone out there have any experience with them? If you do, any info you can share with will be greatly appreciated.
    http://www.brigadegunleather.com/m-11.html
    SCOUTS OUT!
    "The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill

I have not used one of Brigades holsters, but it looks just like the TT gunleather holster I have right down to the retention device. Some people say they are knock offs of the VM-II but the VM-II doesn't have the retention piece. I know my TT holster is very comfortable, as I believe most in this style are. The pistol also fits very well in it.

‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

I have their M-11 for my Sig 239. Got it couple months ago really like it. Good quality very comfortable. Took a little longer to receive it than what was quoted maybe a couple weeks. Will order more for other guns.

I have one on order for my P229. It's like the VM2 but it has a leather extension that extends beyond the muzzle for most short barreled pistols (my P229 is gonna have this extension) which helps stabilize the holster and prevent that feeling that the gun is "flopping" over your belt. And is has that retention screw.

Thanks for the inputs folks.
    I guess I am going to go ahead and pull the trigger on the Brigade (pun intended). I have looked at a lot of other forums but haven't found anything horribly negative about them. The main complaints center around the long wait times, but that is par for the course on most of the Holster makers. They look like they do quality work and most people who have dealt with them seem to be satisfied. plus I like the tension adjustment on the holster as well. Hopefully in about 18-20 weeks you won't see me posting on the Where's my Holster thread!
    SCOUTS OUT!
    "The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill

Quote Originally Posted by seanco66 View Post
    Hopefully in about 18-20 weeks you won't see me posting on the Where's my Holster thread!
    I don't think you will have that problem, Troy seems to be a really upfront guy to deal with. Likewise, the only complaints I have heard about them is the longer that expected lead times but I haven't heard of them not showing up for anyone's orders. Let us know what you think of the M11 when you get it....and post some pics too!

Never seen that M-11 before. Must be new. Looks very nice.

I have a couple holsters, belts, and mag holders from them. Good stuff. I would order from them again. I think i was quoted a few weeks less than what it actually took also.

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. – James Madison

member: NRA, SAF, GOA, USCCA
    GeorgiaCarry.org

IMHO, Brigade Gunleather copies others designs and give them no credit at all. I would not spend one red cent of my money on any of their products!! They may be very good products (?) for the money, but not my money.
    I would suggest that you check out some of the original designers making great gear.
    K&D Holsters is my favorite and they make great gear. This is the Cochise Defender with Elephant trunk trim. It is a superb holster!!

Ron

Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Design

For a protected unique designed holster, apply for a US design patent which is not that expensive. Or be ready for competition. Common business practice.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

Quote Originally Posted by tabsr View Post
    For a protected unique designed holster, apply for a US design patent which is not that expensive. Or be ready for competition. Common business practice.
    Great point. There are other holster makers who make the VMII design also. In my eyes there are some unique holster designs but the majority of them share the same platform of design, form and function. Quality, craftsmanship and pride in ownership is a different story altogether and is why my money supports the custom makers.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

sean,

I have 2 of the Brigade M-11's. 1 for my XD9S and 1 for my Taurus PT1911. And have ordered another for a friend's 1911. I have a total of 3 Brigade holsters (2 M-11's and a OWB M-1) and have another M-1 ordered. Troy is great to work with. You will be pleased.Here is a link to me wearing the M-11.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...t=35911&page=3

Eric
    NC CCH Instructor, NRA Instructor
    NRA
    GOA
    Beretta 96 Brigadier
    Kimber Pro Eclipse II 1911
    Taurus PT1911

originally posted from ront-IMHO, Brigade Gunleather copies others designs and give them no credit at all.
    No disrespect ront, but couldn't the statement be framed from the opposite side, other people are copying brigades holsters and not giving them credit at all? I don't know the history of Brigade gunleather, or for that matter, the history of any of the custom holster makers, but from what I have seen while researching a IWB for myself is that there is not a whole lot of wild different designs for holsters out there. A holster is pretty much a holster. This is not a new technology that is recent to the last couple of decades, except for the advancement of new materials like polymers and kydex the leather holster has been around for a long time, so its possible that even the high end custom holster makers are "borrowing" ideas that have been around for quite some time now.
    No disrespect intended to anyone, this is just my opinion, I am sure that some will think my last statement to be blasphemous, and I am sure that some will get on to correct me.
    SCOUTS OUT!

Thanks to all you folks who had experiences with Brigade and posted your pics and info! I ordered a M-11 holster, a belt and a mag/flashlight pouch from them. I will post some pics as soon as I get them!
    SCOUTS OUT!

Design Patent

Major price difference and much lower threshold for approval than a utility patent. Expires sooner than the utility patent, of 17yrs.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

I have the M-11 for my Pro TLE/RLII. Have worn it 5-6 days a week since May '07. Love it, no problems. Extremely comfortable, easily concealed, excellent fit to gun, smooth draw with good retention. Holsters fitted for that gun were hard to find for the first year and a half. FYI, Fobus makes a Kydex, which is what I use at the range.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links