K&D Maverick Defender

K&D Maverick Defender

This is a discussion on K&D Maverick Defender within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; FINALLY !! These last two weeks have been test in patience, my Maverick Defender modified to accept my LaserLyte & TFO sights on my XD.45 ...

Thread: K&D Maverick Defender

K&D Maverick Defender

FINALLY !! These last two weeks have been test in patience, my Maverick Defender modified to accept my LaserLyte & TFO sights on my XD.45 compact arrived as scheduled. At first glance it does not have the same deep boneing (detail) as other K&D Holsters I have seen. I worried about retention. But my XD snapped snugly into place. Hand held upside down and shaken without belt support it held my XD just fine. I have no worry that this will retain the XD no matter what I am doing. One handed re-holstering is no problem, though draw and re holster are stiff. Duhh its new. I love the adjustable cant. Kevin's simple effective design lets you set the cant at any angle you want. A full 360 degrees of options that let me set the cant at a perfect natural draw angle for me. His set screw design will hold the cant rock solid. It does make the holster slightly thicker than the Dakota or Cochise, that have the dual winged mounting points. The single belt slide mounting point on the Maverick also causes the expected minor shift or lifting of the belt when drawing that you do not get as much of with a dual mount set up. So there is a trade off. I think the Dakota and Cochise are better looking especially with exotic hides. Both will also conceal a bit better, closer to your body. This may be less of an issue for those with a larger than 30 inch waist. On me, with a loose fitting T-shirt there is minimal printing with the Maverick. Still IMO it is better suited to be worn under a sweat shirt, sweater, jacket or open flannel. It is not tuckable. It can be worn OWB under your belt outside of your waist band. For me, form follows function the adjustable cant allowing the gun to rest snug & comfortably against my back even while sitting or driving, along with the ability to draw no matter what position I am in were the deciding factors. I spend as much as four hours a day in the car so the ability to wear my gun and draw it while seat belted in is a big deal. In conclusion, For comfort, ease of carry and draw in any position when deep concealment is not the primary concern this is an excellent quality holster. I had very high expectations of K&D Holsters and he has met them all

If these pics are too dark let me know and I will repost them my monitor is being screwy
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Kevin sure does turn out some fine work . He truly goes out of the norm to satisfy a customers needs
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I'm contemplating putting in an order for 2 Mavericks: one for my P7M8 and one for the HK P30 I want.

Thanks for sharing. As usual, Kevin delivers.

B.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Wow..a slotted pad..I have one on my Del Fatti...they are great...no snaps to worry about and very flat...I didn't know other makers offered one...

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Kevin sure does turn out some fine work . He truly goes out of the norm to satisfy a customers needs
    +1 on both accounts. He seems to always be willing to talk with you so that he can give you exactly what you want. I made a couple of changes to my order, like adding the LaserLyte to my XD and it was no problem. What impressed me too was before getting the LaserLyte I was thinking of adding a flashlight set up to the XD and he was not comfortable making a holster with that set up, so he got back to me with a list of holster makers he thought would do a good job for me, even though it would have taken money out of his pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by arawn View Post
    I'm contemplating putting in an order for 2 Mavericks: one for my P7M8 and one for the HK P30 I want.
    Thanks for sharing. As usual, Kevin delivers.
    B.
    I'd do it ASAP and get on the list. A few folks have posted regrets for not ordering sooner. Nice thing is Kevin does not charge your card until he starts making the holsters. His list of customers keeps on growing, so my guess is the longer you wait to order the longer the wait is going to be

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    Wow..a slotted pad..I have one on my Del Fatti...they are great...no snaps to worry about and very flat...I didn't know other makers offered one...
    Can you post a pic of it? I would like to have a Del Fatti, just because though I have read reviews that say K&D quality and workmanship is every bit as good as a Del Fatti at half the price and without the two year wait
    What's great about this set up is the slotted pad (belt slide) rotates 360 degrees. You could wear this holster upside down if you wanted. The molding & detail to my gun is so well done it would hold it like that. Not that anyone would want to do that but you get the idea.

I updated the pics in my original post hope they look better than the first ones
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Links