K&D or Milt Sparks

K&D or Milt Sparks

This is a discussion on K&D or Milt Sparks within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking into getting a IWB holster for my XD, and I'm having a hard time deciding which to go with. I like the watch ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K&D or Milt Sparks

K&D or Milt Sparks

I'm looking into getting a IWB holster for my XD, and I'm having a hard time deciding which to go with. I like the watch six and the Executive Companion from Milt Sparks. And I like the Cochise Defender and the Dakota Defender from K&D. I would like some input from anyone who as a Milt Sparks or a K&D.

I use to have a Watch Six for my old SA Champion. It was a nice holster, comfortable, secure and concealed well. No experience with the Ex. Companion or the K&D models you're considering but enough folks use them that I'm sure you'll get feedback on them shortly.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    I'm looking into getting a IWB holster for my XD, and I'm having a hard time deciding which to go with. I like the watch six and the Executive Companion from Milt Sparks. And I like the Cochise Defender and the Dakota Defender from K&D. I would like some input from anyone who as a Milt Sparks or a K&D.
    I have the Ex Com. from Milt Sparks, I do like it. I also have three more M.S's holsters from them. They do make a good holster!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Just get one from anyone but Kevin at K&D. I got a p7 holseter from him and i dont want you clogging my wait time when i order the next one ( most likely for a 1911 )
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Thumbs up

I have a Dakota Defender for my Glock 19. I love it. Very comfortable
    I wear it all day never bothers me. I have one on order for my Para LTC and I will be ordering one for my XD9sc as soon as I get some extra bucks.

I have a Dakota Defender for my 5" 1911. Because of that I really have no reason to buy any other holsters for that gun!

Best holster purchase ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Just get one from anyone but Kevin at K&D. I got a p7 holseter from him and i dont want you clogging my wait time when i order the next one ( most likely for a 1911 )

I would recommend K&D Holsters also. I have the Cochise Defender for my M&P .40c and I love it. Very high quality and very comfortable. Also, customer service second to none.

Ron

Here are a couple of pics for you.

Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I am carrying my XD 45 compact in a Dakota Defender and it is a very comfortable and versatile holster. It conceals well, holds the pistol firmly to your body, adjustable for height and cant. What more could you hope for?
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Ive been torn between the Brommeland Max Con V and the Dakota Defender myself. I'll be watching this thread for opinions!

VIP Member
    I think by now Milt Sparks would offer me a free holster for all I have purchased and recommended!

I have a VersaMax-II for every CCW I own... three more are due to be shipped this month.

Gotta recommend the VersaMax-II!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

The Sparks ExC is my favorite IWB holster due partially to the extra skirt that keeps the muzzle end from digging in. I have two. One is cowhide with a vapor barrier, and the other horsehide. I don't know which I like the better.

Kevin makes a fine holster, and you cannot go wrong if you like the design. It is my opinion that when one gets to the top makers it is a matter of design preference as all will do a superb job.

Both makers are class acts.

Regards,
    Jerry

I had finally broke down and ordered my first Cochise Defender yesterday. 14-16 weeks Don't know how I can do it LOL..I have had the VMII and now have a Watch 6..If Milts Sparks would offer those 2 holsters with more adjustability,they would be awesome...thats my only beef...If I am right the Cochise may just be the "Holy Grail" for me...I sure hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by pens-66 View Post
    If I am right the Cochise may just be the "Holy Grail" for me...I sure hope so!

I have that same hope...glad you're behind me in the line... j/k This will be my first one from k&d so I'm really looking forward to it. Everything I've seen from them on this site looks great, so I'm itching to lay my paws on it.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

pens-66, welcome, good to see you here after meeting you over on GT forum.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

pens-66, I think you are going to be very pleased. The VMII looks to be a great holster, but I am with you, I think it would be better if it were more adjustable. Did you get what we talked about? I love mine!! The wait will be worth every minute when you get it!

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links