My Max Con V arrived today

This is a discussion on My Max Con V arrived today within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I arrive home today at 8:30 pm. When I get to the door, I see a package from Coal Creek Armory lying on my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Max Con V arrived today

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

My Max Con V arrived today

So I arrive home today at 8:30 pm. When I get to the door, I see a package from Coal Creek Armory lying on my doorstep. I open the door and my 16 year old daughter, who has been home since 3 pm is sitting in the family room of MY house, watching TV on MY big screen TV and inhaling MY bon bons. (Amazingly, she is still 100 pounds.) I called her to the front door and asked her if she saw this package when she arrived home. Her answer, "yes". Then I asked her why she didn't bring it in. Her answer, "I dunno".

This is the same girl who many of you so graciously gave me advice on how to make her more situationally aware.

In any case, no BG stole my new holster. It is holding my Glock 27 wrapped in wax paper. I am so looking forward to wearing this.
    Last edited by ExactlyMyPoint; January 8th, 2008 at 03:50 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Congrats...I know you'll love it. As far as teenage girls, I've been through that twice. They have absolutely NO recognition of reality. If it's not on the cell phone, it doesn't exist!

Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Tough crowd.

OK. Note, finger is off trigger. Magazine is out of gun. Barrel is pointed in a safe direction.
    Attached Images

One of the best things about Brommeland's hosters is the detail with the hip. Notice every model is different, depending on the depth of the barrel, the width of the gun, or the way it sits on your hip. Many of his have different size "flaps" behind the gun, each made to improve comfort. There is attention to every different gun model, not "one design fits all".

Good choice in holsters ... now how about that belt? What'cha gonna do there?
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    Good choice in holsters ... now how about that belt? What'cha gonna do there?
    Jack
    I was waiting for the holster to arrive. I will now make the appropriate measurements and I was going to give the Beltman a call. Until then, I could use my Wilderness instructor belt

Why not a Brommeland belt to match your holster? Get one of his outstanding mag pouches too (I've got his single, double, and combo mag/surefire combos). I truly believe it's better to get a whole rig from one manufacturer to really complete the package...they're all meant to fit together!|

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    I was waiting for the holster to arrive. I will now make the appropriate measurements and I was going to give the Beltman a call. Until then, I could use my Wilderness instructor belt
    Good deal! I've got a Wilderness 5-stitch myself and love the thing. I've also got a 1.5" bullhide on order with the Beltman and hope to order a couple 1.25" soon as dress belts - a black sharkskin for slacks and a brown horsehide for my khakis.

Either way you go, that Wilderness belt and maybe a week for the holster to mould to your hip & I think you'll see a major difference in comfort. Try positioning your Glock's rear sight just behind the seam of your jeans, that's as good a place as any to start. It's where I find my rig to be most comfortable anyway.

Good luck finding your sweet spot, let us know how it works out (pics with the rig in place are always helpful too).
    Jack
    Last edited by maclean3; January 8th, 2008 at 05:14 AM. Reason: typo

AZ:
    Is Coal Creek carrying Gary's belts?
    Jack

Congrats on your new purchase. I love mine and sure you will feel the same way. I had mine in the wax paper ready to sit overnight last week and for some reason after about 2 hours I took it out and it was PERFECT! I know it sounds really crazy but it went from being so tight I could barely get the gun out with two hands to drawing so smoothly in that short amount of time. Anyway, you're going to enjoy the comfort of that holster.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Very Nice! You'll enjoy that for many years to come. Most comfortable holster I've ever owned.

I love mine as well. It will only get more comfortable with time.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

I love mine too! I'd get one again in a heartbeat! If only CCA started to get Max-Con V's for my Sig!

Congrats on your holster. I have MaxCons for a Glock 27 and an XD9 Service.
    Love them, hands down the best holsters I have ever owned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links