Crossbreed Super Tuck...yay or nay?

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Super Tuck...yay or nay? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by arniejen I have a CrossBreed SuperTuck on order. What is this combat grip you're talking about? If you want horsehide (better than ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed Super Tuck...yay or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by arniejen View Post
    I have a CrossBreed SuperTuck on order. What is this combat grip you're talking about?
    If you want horsehide (better than cow leather), be sure to shoot them an email! I did and complained that every other holster maker out there can get horsehide, but CrossBreed cannot? Just got a nice email from them saying they went straight to their supplier and hand picked some out. The extra cost is $15.

The combat grip is where they remove some of the leather from behind the grip and area below the trigger guard. Makes it easier to get a good grip when drawing. See ev239's link on the first page for pictures.

2. Remove Ads

Thumbs up

I carry a full size Fn 5.7 pistol in my Supper Tuck holster. I do a lot of bending and I sit on the floor at times when I work. I work in a hospital that has a no weapons policy. Some times I forget its there. (If they only knew)
    To close for missiles, switching to guns.

Awesome holster

VIP Member
    I got one monday for my Kel-Tec PF-9. I give it Yea.

Anyone have a web site?

Yea from me. I like mine for my PT 111.

I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Website? Really, did you have to ask that, they are a sponsor of the site, it is on the front page.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I got one for my CZ RAMI about 3 weeks ago and have worn it all day/every day since. Literally the only IWB rig I can tolerate, and with the Crossbreed, it's really not a challenge to tolerate. It's almost as comfortable as not carrying at all, but no more noticeable than any of my OWB holsters. I like this one so much that I've made up my mind that I'm going to order another one for my full size .45. If I can tolerate that all day, I'd much rather carry it, and I think I just might be able to with a Super-Tuck.

If you need deep concealment, I highly recommend getting the V-clips (Velcro). Even more concealed than the J-clips, but with the added advantage of the weight being carried by your belt rather than the waist-line of your pants, as with the J's. I have a Belt-Man belt on order with Velcro stitched all around the inside for just such a holster design, meaning that I can experiment with positioning the holster literally anywhere around my entire waist. Really looking forward to getting that in the next week or two.

Crossbreed Super-Tuck and Mark's quick turnaround and reasonable pricing are big-time YAY's for me!

Blues
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by matdicdad View Post
    Anyone have a web site?
    Internet search engines are our friends. :)

CrossBreed Holsters, Innovative holsters for concealed carry-1911-Glock-HK-Sig-Taurus-Kimber-Springfield-Colt-XD

I say yay as well, I have one for my K40 and it is the most comfortable IWB I own. Also the shipping is very fast I think I had mine in about a week.

Ed
    US Navy Retired Silent Service

The real test of a man is not when he plays the role he wants for himself, but when he plays the role destiny has for him.
    Vaclav Havel

I use one for my G-36.
    I like it overall.
    I rides a little low for me (and arrived in the highest available postition, so no way to adjust it up any), but that's my only complaint.
    Well, it's a little awkward to put on, but ANY holster of this type is going to have that problem.
    Mine only took about ten days to arrive, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeeze1off View Post
    I use one for my G-36.
    I like it overall.
    I rides a little low for me (and arrived in the highest available postition, so no way to adjust it up any), but that's my only complaint.
    Well, it's a little awkward to put on, but ANY holster of this type is going to have that problem.
    These were my problems with this holster that I ordered for my SP101 so I sent it back. Very quick, courteous service, though. I was impressed. The top of the Kydex was below the belt line at it's highest level and this made it hard to re-holster. And, it was hard to put on but, at 60, my "flexibilty", especially in my hands, isn't as good as it was 30 years ago.

Cloudpeak

You won't be disappointed. I've had mine for about a month now and am still very pleased. I worn it under a oxford style & pull overs & it cannot be beat for concealment. It's one of the more comfortable IWB that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeeze1off View Post
    I use one for my G-36.
    I like it overall.
    Is the kydex stiff enough to re-holster one handed?

Yep, can reholster one handed. That is as long as you don't have your belt too tight to breath.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Does this holster have a break-in period for max comfort? If so, how long? Mine will be in horsehide, which is stiffer than cow leather. I promise to post pics when it arrives.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links