Crossbreed Super Tuck...yay or nay? - Page 3

Crossbreed Super Tuck...yay or nay?

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Super Tuck...yay or nay? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Cowhide was comfortable from the get go. I had a horsehide holster from Highnoon that never "broke in". But with the CB I would expect ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed Super Tuck...yay or nay?

Cowhide was comfortable from the get go. I had a horsehide holster from Highnoon that never "broke in". But with the CB I would expect it to be thinner and break in very quickly.

Ron
    A word of caution about the CB. I have one and found it to be the most comforatble holster I have ever worn. But, I just took a three day tactical training course and found that, because of the the amount of leather backing on the holster, it was very difficult for me to get a good combat grip on my gun on the draw. I did not realize this until I had to draw in a simulated threat situation and do so many times. One other student at the course found he had the same problem. It may simply have been our guns, but frankly, based on this experience I would hesitate to buy the holster again. Just my opinion base on my recent experience.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by PatP View Post
    You can sleep with it on.
    i seriously considered doing that last night :) My SuperTuck arrived yesterday (ordered Dec. 27). It seems to be quite comfy, though I haven't had a full day to wear it yet. Mine seems to need a little breaking in, which shouldn't take long, as it was improved by the time I took it off (reluctantly) to go to bed last night. i only wore it a couple hours.

I was surprised to see that at 3:00, the most difficult place to conceal on my body, it conceals better than anything else I've ever tried. I really was not expecting that, I only put it there to encourage the backing to conform to my body. and this was in khakis, not even jeans! I'm going to wear it today doing several surgeries and many tasks that require me to work bending or squatting, and see how it does. The only think I regret now is not getting J-clips- the bottom portion of the standard clips is soooo long. Because they are placed so far apart, I don't think the clips over the belt will be a problem, but the tails stick down way too far and draw alot of attention. I will be ordering something a little more stealthy tomorrow :)

So far, so good.... will let you know if it stays that way!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    A word of caution about the CB. I have one and found it to be the most comforatble holster I have ever worn. But, I just took a three day tactical training course and found that, because of the the amount of leather backing on the holster, it was very difficult for me to get a good combat grip on my gun on the draw. I did not realize this until I had to draw in a simulated threat situation and do so many times. One other student at the course found he had the same problem. It may simply have been our guns, but frankly, based on this experience I would hesitate to buy the holster again. Just my opinion base on my recent experience.

Ron
    Ron I had the same problem until I heard of the combat grip that Mark does for the Supertuck. It is something you can do yourself or have Mark do for you. It involves trimming some excess leather around the grip area giving you a better grip without giving up any confort.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by tellico View Post
    The only think I regret now is not getting J-clips- the bottom portion of the standard clips is soooo long. Because they are placed so far apart, I don't think the clips over the belt will be a problem, but the tails stick down way too far and draw alot of attention. I will be ordering something a little more stealthy tomorrow :)

So far, so good.... will let you know if it stays that way!
    We will be addressing this issue with our standard clip by coming out with a new "standard" clip in the next couple weeks. They will not have ANY "tail" below the belt but will be just as easy on and off as the current standard clips without sacrificng any stability.

As a matter of fact I have the prototypes on my desk as I type this and will be finalizing a couple things with them today.

I will post here and on the website as soon as they are available. We will also offer them as a seperate item for those who wish to upgrade thier older SuperTucks

thanks

Mark
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by ghawk249 View Post
    Ron I had the same problem until I heard of the combat grip that Mark does for the Supertuck. It is something you can do yourself or have Mark do for you. It involves trimming some excess leather around the grip area giving you a better grip without giving up any confort.
    We will be including the "Combat Grip Trim" as an option on the shopping cart, this should be done by the end of the day or tomorrow. We are also introducing our own line of belts. They should also be up on the web later today or tomorrow.

Thanks

Mark
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC

Hey Mark, I was about to order a Supertuck but I see you are in a transitional phase with the holster now, so please let us know when the new options are being deployed. I will order shortly thereafter!

Yup, having it done to mine. The cost is $7.50.

Quote Originally Posted by mtcraigco View Post
    We will be addressing this issue with our standard clip by coming out with a new "standard" clip in the next couple weeks. They will not have ANY "tail" below the belt but will be just as easy on and off as the current standard clips without sacrificng any stability.

As a matter of fact I have the prototypes on my desk as I type this and will be finalizing a couple things with them today.

I will post here and on the website as soon as they are available. We will also offer them as a seperate item for those who wish to upgrade thier older SuperTucks

thanks

Mark
    What about me? I JUST ordered one and haven't even received it yet for my Kimber.
    -Scott

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberbp22 View Post
    What about me? I JUST ordered one and haven't even received it yet for my Kimber.
    -Scott
    As is the way with anything new, when we get the new clips into production, we will begin shipping them immediately with all Supertucks as the standard clip.

At that time we will also make them available at a very reasonable cost for those who would like to upgrade to the new clips.

In the meantime, we will continue to ship with our current clips. We can't just stop the whole shop and sit on our hands while we get the new clips into the lineup.

If you will recall Scott, is was specifically for YOU that I personally went directly to our suplier, in order to satisfy your request for horsehide, which we dropped several months back. Taking the time to hand select some which would suit our purposes.

If you want horsehide (better than cow leather), be sure to shoot them an email! I did and complained that every other holster maker out there can get horsehide, but CrossBreed cannot? Just got a nice email from them saying they went straight to their supplier and hand picked some out. The extra cost is $15.

As always, our customer service is and will remain top-notch, however the realities of supply and demand vs production still exist just as does the law of gravity.

As to your specific order (which was placed Jan 1st), it shipped out yesterday, and we do appreciate your business.

thanks
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC

Quote Originally Posted by mtcraigco View Post
    As is the way with anything new, when we get the new clips into production, we will begin shipping them immediately with all Supertucks as the standard clip.

At that time we will also make them available at a very reasonable cost for those who would like to upgrade to the new clips.

In the meantime, we will continue to ship with our current clips. We can't just stop the whole shop and sit on our hands while we get the new clips into the lineup.

If you will recall Scott, is was specifically for YOU that I personally went directly to our suplier, in order to satisfy your request for horsehide, which we dropped several months back. Taking the time to hand select some which would suit our purposes.

If you want horsehide (better than cow leather), be sure to shoot them an email! I did and complained that every other holster maker out there can get horsehide, but CrossBreed cannot? Just got a nice email from them saying they went straight to their supplier and hand picked some out. The extra cost is $15.

As always, our customer service is and will remain top-notch, however the realities of supply and demand vs production still exist just as does the law of gravity.

As to your specific order (which was placed Jan 1st), it shipped out yesterday, and we do appreciate your business.

thanks
    Mark, I have had nothing but praise for your customer service. Every request I made via email was promptly answered with exactly what I wanted to know. I didn't know you selected horsehide specifically for me, but I surely do appreciate that! You simply stated that you hand selected some horsehide and nothing more. Please see the email I sent.

I also didn't know you dropped horsehide as an option, either, as many people prefer the more durable and anti-sweat properties over cow leather. I simply read a review that mentioned it being available in horsehide, so I requested it. Had you told me you didn't offer it anymore, that wouldn't have been a problem and I would have bought one anyway. I just love the way my oldest Milt Sparks holster (SS2) is in horsehide as it's weathered/held up very well over the years. I expect nothing less from my Crossbreed holster either.

And thanks for the info on the clips. I'll be ordering them as soon as they're available so please keep us posted.

supertuck yay! You will be happy
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    supertuck yay! You will be happy
    I hope so. I'm looking forward to it!

Ron
    Thanks for this information. I will call Mark and discuss it with him. As I wrote, it is a very comfortable holster and if I can get the combat grip issue resolved, I will be in holster heaven.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberbp22 View Post
    Mark, I have had nothing but praise for your customer service. Every request I made via email was promptly answered with exactly what I wanted to know. I didn't know you selected horsehide specifically for me, but I surely do appreciate that! You simply stated that you hand selected some horsehide and nothing more. Please see the email I sent.

I also didn't know you dropped horsehide as an option, either, as many people prefer the more durable and anti-sweat properties over cow leather. I simply read a review that mentioned it being available in horsehide, so I requested it. Had you told me you didn't offer it anymore, that wouldn't have been a problem and I would have bought one anyway. I just love the way my oldest Milt Sparks holster (SS2) is in horsehide as it's weathered/held up very well over the years. I expect nothing less from my Crossbreed holster either.

And thanks for the info on the clips. I'll be ordering them as soon as they're available so please keep us posted.

Scott,

As per your email request, I will include our emails on the subject as pehaps that will clear up any confusion..........

your original email inquiring about horsehide....

Thank you so much for processing the discount. I have
    one other request. I read on Glock Talk that you
    offer a horsehide option. If so, can you please make
    my holster with that in black instead of regular
    leather? I have a couple of Milt Sparks holster in
    horsehide and I love them as the sweat won't get
    through it. Sorry to request another change, but I
    don't remember seeing on your website offering a
    horsehide option. As before, please just go ahead and
    charge any difference in price to my credit card.

my reponse...

Scott,
    Sorry but horsehide is not available right now due
    to supply problems.
    thanks
    Mark

your response to that....

What supply problems? Every other holster maker out
    there that offers horsehide has it available. In
    fact, I just recently received a Milt Sparks Summer
    Special II in black horsehide. No problems there.

My response.....(no response form you on this, perhaps you didn't get it)

Scott,
    A) I had supply problems a few months ago and have not checked again lately. I tried for several weeks to keep it on hand and had great difficulty doing so. At the time I did not get enough requests for it to warrant that kind of time and effort and so dropped it. I have not had that many requests for it lately either.
    B) Our cost also went up on it and that also factored into my dropping it.
    C) Production demands also palyed a role in the decision to stop offering it. If only 0.25%-0.5% of customers request a particular option, it can be difficult to justify carrying the material neccessary.
    D) Most importantly, the horse I was getting tended to run thinner than the cowhide and I was not happy with the performace of it from that standpoint.
    I can once again look into getting some, and perhaps offer it once again.
    The major factor here will be if I can get it in a weight that I like, if it is still on the thin side I won't bring it back. Regardless of what other holster makers are doing, they do not make the same holster as I do, thier needs in the properties of thier material is different than mine.
    The cost would be $10.00-$15.00 additional, at the last time that we had it as an option, the cost was $9.00 additional but as I said our cost went up on it.
    I can probably have a final answer for you tomorrow or Fri.
    Thanks
    Mark

And my follow up .....

Scott,
    I personally went to my supplier yesterday and hand picked some acceptable horsehide.
    Cost will be $15.00 for this option. I had to go through alot to get what would work for our holsters and did not end up with all that much anyway.
    I will charge the $15.00 to your card.
    Your holster should be made and shipped by the end of next week
    Mark

and your response........

Okay, thanks for the info. Still want the full cut
    "combat grip" option, too.
    Thanks,
    -Scott

and my response....

No problem I have made note of everything
    thanks
    Mark

your response....

Thanks, you guys rock! I've posted some "yay or nay"
    type threads about the Super Tuck Deluxe on various
    firearm boards and, overwhelmingly, the responses have
    been positive and people love theirs. In fact, the
    only problems I read about a rare case of the kydex
    cracking or a clip break, but you guys fixed them
    right up. Way to go!
    Thanks,
    -Scott

No biggie Scott, but it was for you that I went and got the horse, pretty much due to your response when I said it was not available, you didn't seem willing to accept that. (see the emails above)

Of course I'll offer it to anybody else who wants it as long as the supply lasts so no big deal.

Thanks again, your holster should be there in a couple days or so.
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links