Desantis Trickster for P3AT

This is a discussion on Desantis Trickster for P3AT within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone use this holster? I want to be able to carry my P3AT this summer in my right back pocket which means I'll have ...

Does anyone use this holster?

I want to be able to carry my P3AT this summer in my right back pocket which means I'll have to move my wallet to the other side. Oh well, I'll get used to that.

I've determined by sitting on it without a holster that the handle needs to be to the inside with the barrel to the out side. This way, I can comfortably sit on it and the barrel will not really be under my butt. It will be slightly off to the outside.

My main concern is because the P3AT is almost as tall as my back pocket in my Levis so folks might be able to see the gun looking down from the top since I always wear my T-shirts tucked in.

I need advice from anyone who carries this way.

front pocket

From your post it sounds like you are planning on putting your wallet on the left butt pocket...well how about putting your wallet in your front pocket? Sound strange well, a friend of mine who is a physical therapist was telling me about how many guys with back problems from sitting on fat wallets which causes the hips to be unequal and puts strain on the lower back.
    He explainned that many disk problems are an accumulation of little problems that one day just pop so get that wallet out of your rear. I tried it, after a bit of time I love my wallet in the front pocket plus it is more secure and less prone to a pick pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by 45Dave View Post
    ...from sitting on fat wallets...
    That's funny ! My wallet is NEVER fat!

Actually, I've tried the Kel-tec in the front pocket without a holster but, that really felt weird. Looks funny too.
    Folks are used to bulging back pockets because of wallets....except for yours of course

Back pocket just sounds to be the way I will choose to carry this thing in the summer. Maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks anyway

When I first got my Guardian the plan was for rear pocket carry. After trying to draw the gun in a non obvious manner it was very clear rear pocket was not for me. It was very uncomfortable to sit down, and I didn't like the idea of sitting on my gun on a hard surface, but the real problem was I looked like I was having a seizure trying to draw from the rear pocket. By far a better solution is front pocket carry. I would hold off on a holster until you try different locations and then buy a holster based on the chosen location. For me it was a Nemisis holster in the front right pocket. The draw is very easy without drawing a bit of attention.
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Put the belt clip from Kel-Tek on it. I wear my P3AT tucked at 3:00 and no one is the wiser. I wear business casual 6 days a week everywhere I go and if I do not have my .45 tucked, then it is a P3AT without any cover garment. Give the clip a try, you might like it.
    It is not the Bill of Privileges. It is not the Bill of Permits. It is the Bill of Rights.

People should not be afraid of the government; the government should be afraid of the people.

Pocket Holsters
    This is what I use with my Kel-Tek P3-AT 380. And in most jeans it does not show, and I also use it in shorts front pocket.

A couple ideas:

When you go to buy jeans take the rig with ya, and try it out.
    Keep in mind that no one should be right up on top of ya looking at your butt.

Quote Originally Posted by citizen510 View Post
    Put the belt clip from Kel-Tek on it. I wear my P3AT tucked at 3:00 and no one is the wiser. I wear business casual 6 days a week everywhere I go and if I do not have my .45 tucked, then it is a P3AT without any cover garment. Give the clip a try, you might like it.
    I'm confused here.

If the clip holds the pistol at 3:00 and your shirt is tucked, how is it that noone sees it since the clip allows part of the gun to stick up above the clip?

Got a pick of this method of carry?

Thanks,
    Dan

It does not allow much of the gun at all to be shown. Looks like a knife. I love mine .

I'd prefer front pocket carry to back pocket carry for comfort and ease of retrieval...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by roadrat52 View Post
    I'm confused here.

If the clip holds the pistol at 3:00 and your shirt is tucked, how is it that no one sees it since the clip allows part of the gun to stick up above the clip?

Got a pick of this method of carry?

Thanks,
    Dan
    It does look like a knife sticking out but just the very least bit of the rear of the slide/frame where the clip attaches. Also, I have some extra padding around the waistband of my pants so that helps also. No picture, but I will work on it. On the Kel-Tek website you can see a pic of how the clip is attached at the rear most part of the frame.

I think what makes this carry work so well is the constant condition white most people walk around in. I carry an M1911-A1 the same way (with a clip draw at 3:00 under a jacket with a big bulge) and maybe 1 out of a 1000 realizes something is there. No one notices. They have no spidey senses and are blind to the obvious.
    Last edited by citizen510; January 11th, 2008 at 08:59 AM.
    It is not the Bill of Privileges. It is not the Bill of Permits. It is the Bill of Rights.

People should not be afraid of the government; the government should be afraid of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by citizen510 View Post

Question:

The P3AT trigger pull is somewhat light, and after carrying it a couple days in my shorts front pocket on the clip, I ordered the holster.

My question to you is. Carrying the P3AT on the clip IWB, is the trigger protected by your pants/body where there is no danger of an AD?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    My question to you is. Carrying the P3AT on the clip IWB, is the trigger protected by your pants/body where there is no danger of an AD?
    I was kinda wondering the same thing.
    Right now I'm carrying in the inside vest pocket of my leather motorcycle jacket with the snap closed (no holster). But.........summer will soon be upon us and the reason for the P3AT was summer carry.
    Last edited by JD; January 14th, 2008 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tags.

Actually, I'm having second thoughts and am pursuaded to get one of Mika's pocket holsters withe the round end. Hope this works.

Links