Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC *clips*

This is a discussion on Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC *clips* within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know, everybody looooves the MTAC . I looked at the threads, and everybody said standard clips over J-clips, but no one discussed the c-clips ...

Thread: Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC *clips*

I know, everybody looooves the MTAC .

I looked at the threads, and everybody said standard clips over J-clips, but no one discussed the c-clips v standard.

I'm leaning towards getting one of these holsters for my Beretta 92, and would like to get the c-clip, so long as it provides enough stability.

Anybody got any experience/thoughts?
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

I used the C-clips on a CTAC for a very short while. They did absolutely nothing to hold the belt in the clip. Numerous times I had the belt slide, or pop, out, and the holster start creeping up and out of my pants. Yes, I always wore an appropriate sized belt that matched the clip size. Once I was walking through Wal-mart and felt a little funny, looked down and I could see my M&P9c flopping against my shirt - maybe like 2 inces of gun/holster remained below my pants line while the rest had begun its climb up and out of my pants.

I'll never use the C-clips again, and I won't try the J-clips. I'll only use the old and new style standard clips. My MTAC for my M&P45 has the new standard clips, and I couldn't be happier.

Decision made. Thank you!
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

I got C-clips......thier pretty good and do work well.

Only 'con' I have is every once and awhile the rear c-clip will work itself loose...slightly...from my belt. Just a little twist puts it's right back and moving on.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I wear the c-clips every day while tucked. I did bend the tops over slightly so that my Beltman belt will "snap" into it. I have had no problems with them, but I do keep my belt tight. The standard clips are a little bit more stable. but my modified c-clips work just fine.

can you interchange clips or are they permanently part of the
    mtac

Interchange easily
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

I'm going to try the V-Clips now.

I have 2 CTAC holsters (uses the same clips as the MTAC). One of them has the C-Clips the other has standard clips. The standard clips work great for any belt I use (provided it's the correct width). If I use a cheap department store belt (i.e. thin), the C-Clips actually stick out a little and the belt can work it's way out of the clip, but with a thicker belt they work great and are almost invisible. I haven't tried the J-Clips on the CTAC, but I have another holster that uses the J-Clip style and I have to wear jeans because all the weight of the gun is on the pants, not the belt.

I am waiting on a new belt from thebeltman.net and it will to have Velcro on the inside, so I'll try the V-Clips next.

So far, if I had to make a choice between all of them, I'd choose the standard because it works on most of the belts I own. My EDC holster has the standard clips on it. I'm hoping the new belt will be nice enough that I can wear it every day and then I will switch to the V-Clips (if they work as well as I hope).

That being said, I haven't had anyone ever ask me about the clips when I carry it tucked. I generally put my cell-phone in front of one of the standard clips so only one of the clips is visible but most of my belts are that color anyway so they would have to be looking for it to spot the clip.

What would you say if asked re the clips anyway? A "none of your business" answer would be no different than shouting, "I'm carrying!"...

V clips make concealment all but invisible. A simple blousing of the shirt covers them. In my opinion they offer the best option for concealment.

i just ordered the mtac with standard and extra v clips.
    ..I like the idea of almost invisible clips..for when i have to tuck.

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    I got C-clips......thier pretty good and do work well.

Only 'con' I have is every once and awhile the rear c-clip will work itself loose...slightly...from my belt. Just a little twist puts it's right back and moving on.
    My C-clips are giving me the blues with the rear clip coming out of my gun belt. I think I'm going to order an extra set of standard clips as the working out of my belt is keeping my from wearing my MTAC. Luckily my SmartCarry keeps either my G26 or PM9 tucked away safely in my pants.
    If Guns cause Crime, then Pencils cause Misspelled words.....

NE CCW
    Nebraska Concealed Carry

Sponsored Links