Magazine carry

This is a discussion on Magazine carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been trying to find a ballistic nylon or leather belt case similar to a cellphone or knife case that would hold 2 and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magazine carry

Magazine carry

I have been trying to find a ballistic nylon or leather belt case similar to a cellphone or knife case that would hold 2 and 3 - 8round 45 cal clips. The case would almos totally cover the clips from sight and could be worn on the belt as you would a knife or cellphone.
    It would need a velcro flap or similar easy open.
    Wondered if any could suggest what to use.

2. Remove Ads

I just ordered the single mag pouches from here:

Mag Pouches - Handgun

I got the single pouch in both the clip and the loop version (since they are so cheap). They hold a Glock 19 mag very well. Probably would hold 2 single-stack mags. Doesn't dig into my side (like some leather OWB carriers). Looks like a knife sheath. One thing, even though the loop version has two loops for different size belt, the pouch still moves on my Wilderness belt. Haven't tried it on a leather gunbelt. The clip version stays in place.

VIP Member
    I use leather... just like it better.

I think Milt Sparks makes one of the best magazine pouches.

I also have Galco magazine pouches. From Galco I like the ones that slide on the belt, no snaps.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I know the mags are not fully covered but with black mags this blackberry case would be farily unnoticeable.... a good place to find pouches that might work is a cell phone store...also, most hardware stores have a section with balistic nylong pouches of varying sizes for cell phones and tape measure and such...

also, check out knife sellers too...

Medium Lockblade Belt Pouch- Nylon/ Black - Pouches - Knife Accessories - Knife Off

Go to smokey mountain knife works and choose from hundreds of pouches and knife sheaths.
    NC
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

You folks have some great ideas and suggestions, but here is my dilema; I am not able to go to some of thoses places suggested and must rely on someone else to tell me if it will work.
    I need to have the mags 95% covered and am lookng for a 2clip and a 3 clip pouch. My preference would be a clip on belt type. All in basic black.
    Can you help with that?
    Thanks

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by golfer View Post
    You folks have some great ideas and suggestions, but here is my dilema; I am not able to go to some of thoses places suggested and must rely on someone else to tell me if it will work.
    I need to have the mags 95% covered and am lookng for a 2clip and a 3 clip pouch. My preference would be a clip on belt type. All in basic black.
    Can you help with that?
    Thanks
    "Clip"? No habla es "clip"! You gonna have your hair done vato?

J/K!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

JD
    Administrator
    Go HERE and buy a single and a double sheath, a triple mag carrier is too bulky and MAY not fit right on the belt where you want it, a double and single will give you the most versatility. These will cover your 95% requirement and then some.

Can you help with that?
    Thanks

Did you check the link I posted?

Mag Pouches - Handgun

As you can see from the pictures...

* The flap completely covers the mag from the front
    * They have double & triple pouch versions
    * They come with either a clip or belt loops
    * The price for the single pouch is $8

Also, I have the single pouch version, so I can tell you...

* The model with a clip keeps it where you place it on a Wilderness belt. The loop model slides around some.
    * I just checked and you can fit two 1911-style clips in the single pouch. The fit is a little tight, but it works.
    * The material is thin. Not so thin that it won't hold up, but thinner than others I've seen, which will aid in concealment if you carry it under a shirt. I think it also looks more like a normal knife pouch than some of the others, so it wouldn't draw attention if you carried it on your belt without a cover garment. To me, many of the other models look like what they are - duty/military-style pouches.

Thumper; you are too much, yes I like to get my hair done and nails clipped when I reload. Hard work putting those bullets in that thing.
    JD, that may just be the ticked. Thanks, I will check them out.
    skvinson, I looked at those and thought they might be too tight, but for the price, I will try one also and see how they work. Thanks again.

John makes my favorite.

5 Shot Leather - MP

skvinson, I looked at those and thought they might be too tight, but for the price, I will try one also and see how they work. Thanks again.
    The pouches fit double-stack 9mm/40 cal Glock mags perfectly. One single-stack 1911 mag is a little loose, but if you pull the flap down tight, it stays in place pretty well. (There is no way it can come out, but it moves around if you don't pull the flap down tight.) Two 1911 mags fit, but they are tight, but not really any tighter than they might be in a kydex mag carrier, depending on how you adjust it.

You can also look at nylon case for a multi-tool. Some of those tools are wide and the case could hold 2 1911 mags and would cover 90-95%. You can find many of these cases at pawn shops.
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

The first rule of gunfighting should be to know when the gunfight starts - being the last one to get the news certainly won't put the odds in your favor.

Skivson, Yea- thanks for the nylon pouch site!
    I understand that 'golfer' would like 2 or 3 Magazine pouches for his belt, but I agree that a one of these 'low profile' single pouches would be more 'low key'-(what magazine?).
    Golfer, I am not aware of your specific work/off duty needs or your attire.
    Maybe a 'pocket' magazine pouch to back up a single pouch on your belt would serve you well, again 'we' do not know your specific needs.
    Good luck on your quest!

skivson, dustoff, you are right on. I have ordered one to try it out. Will let you know what I think.
    I am hoping to be able to carry 2 mags on my belt. My thoughts have been they don't look that much larger than a knife or cellphone. I see people quite often with a cellphone, pager and other stuff on their belt.
    Generally, my pockets are full or difficult to get to as quickly as something on the belt. 2nd option would be for a pocket pouch, but it would probably end up in my strong hand rear pocket; not a very good place to try to get a mag from if in a hurry. That's because I am left handed [wallet is in left hip pocket] but shoot right handed [ pistol is on right side]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links