My K&D Holsters!!!

This is a discussion on My K&D Holsters!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Folks - Lemme tell you that I own TWO of Kevin's holsters http://www.kdholsters.com/ and his quality is TOP NOTCH! Be advised though, what you see ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My K&D Holsters!!!

New Member Array Gary in Pennsylvania's Avatar

My K&D Holsters!!!

Folks - Lemme tell you that I own TWO of Kevin's holsters http://www.kdholsters.com/ and his quality is TOP NOTCH! Be advised though, what you see on his website is only HALF the story! He is truly a custom holster maker and can accommodate your wildest imagination! I have a fantastic OWB horsehide/sharkskin holster for my PCR and a utterly perfect OWB holster for my 75BD. He's also gonna craft somethong OWB for my SP101.

The best thing for anyone to do is to e-mail him. He can do it.

Also - don't let his prices fool you. They are typically below his competition......but the quality and service either matches or surpasses. His turnaround time is good also.

Here's some of my CZ-75D PCR pics. Sorry - I'm no Ken Lunde or DHart!

Gary in Pennsylvania

-------------------------------

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours - Richard Bach

CZ-75D PCR Compact
    CZ-75BD POLICE
    Ruger GP-100 KGPF-330
    3" short shroud!
    Ruger SP-101 KSP-331
    3"
    VULA.ORG VINTAGE ULTRALIGHTS

2. Remove Ads

And here is the OWB for my CZ-75BD POLICE:

Gary in Pennsylvania

CZ-75D PCR Compact
    CZ-75BD POLICE
    Ruger GP-100 KGPF-330
    3" short shroud!
    Ruger SP-101 KSP-331
    3"

Hmmmmm.

I dunno why the pics aren't showing......but the links work.
    Gary in Pennsylvania

CZ-75D PCR Compact
    CZ-75BD POLICE
    Ruger GP-100 KGPF-330
    3" short shroud!
    Ruger SP-101 KSP-331
    3"

This is the CZ-85 Compact IWB Holster Kevin made for me:

Gary in Pennsylvania

CZ-75D PCR Compact
    CZ-75BD POLICE
    Ruger GP-100 KGPF-330
    3" short shroud!
    Ruger SP-101 KSP-331
    3"

Assistant Administrator
    Gary - for no reason I can explain - one pic of mine I linked to today (in IMG tags) only showed as URL - and then just now posted another same way - and it displayed as it should. Wierd! Could perhaps be something to do with filename syntax - odd chrs that fool the software.

Anyways - that ramble over - indeed Kevin does some fine work of which I have been the recipient four times now. Some will have seen my pics before of his work but I'll add again my real fave, which was his ''Eaglel'' rig he did for my SIG - work of art.

Your rigs look A1 nice. Joy to wear eh - only thing is we can't show 'em off enough! This one was photographed when new - it is now much more ''bedded in'' tho still looking just as great.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Pictures ~ Thanks Gary In Pennsylvania!

I am seeing all of your photo links just fine.
    Nice Pics and great holsters.
    Thanks for posting them.
    It was VERY NICE seeing them. Obviously EXTREMELY high quality.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I have a holster that Kevin built to my specs. I'm very pleased with it. I'm working on a review of it as time permits, and I'll get some pics of it up then.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Folks, thanks for all the kind words. I truly have a great time doing what I'm doing. I especially enjoy doing holsters like the Eagle one shown above, because I can join the holster making and tooling of a design together. For me, that's the best of both worlds.

I'm always open to custom/special requests from customers. Some of our most popular designs are a direct result of a customer asking for it to be done that way.

I've been fortunate the last few months to have had the opportunity to do some unique things such as some Star Wars holsters/belts/etc. The young girl ended up winning first place in the costume contest at the Star Wars convention in Indianapolis, and in front of the man, George Lucas, himself.

Again, thanks, and I look forward to offering folks the best holster(s) I can make.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Nice work.........Shoot well.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Thats some good looking holsters there

Thank you, gentleman.

web site

I find that he needs to post more pictures of any and all holsters that he makes and the prices. I don't like walking into a store and having to ask about everything and what the price is. Also if he has the pictures of his holsters he might get more business. I have seen a lot of great looking pictures of his holsters but alas, when I go to the website NADA on any of them there. I would love to order some of the ones I have seen but would love to see more pictures of them with prices on the website.

steve

Quote Originally Posted by Gary in Pennsylvania
    This is the CZ-85 Compact IWB Holster Kevin made for me:

Now these are fine examples of what IWB's should be on his website

steve
    Last edited by stolivar; January 5th, 2007 at 08:44 PM.

Steve:

Very good point(s). I'm in the process of putting together new/updated information for the website. In the last week, I've gotten some updates done - new home page, updated what is now the holster/accessories page, changed the "About K&D" page. The next step will be to make separate pages for the OWB and IWB holsters, and make a page showcasing some of our accomplishments.

The priority has been to make the holsters for the customers, so other things move down the priority list. I have been making a variety of other items as well, such as knife sheaths, belts, rifle slings, etc. In addition over the last few months, I've written two articles on how to make pocket and OWB holsters for a leathercraft/saddlers magazine, and did the Star Wars holsters/accessories mentioned above. I've also refinished half of my 300+ square-foot workshop by myself, i.e., putting in insulation, hanging dry wall, setting up equipment in a functional form. (My 30-year old Coca-Cola soda machine is on the blitz right now, and I'm trying to get it fixed in order to have some "cold" ones on tap. ) I've recently ordered a third sewing machine to help keep up with the demand of different projects. Being a one-man shop, it falls on me to do every thing there is associated with running a business - answering the phone/emails, preparing invoices, preparing/mailing of the holsters, reading the mail, paying the bills, dumping the trash. And, of course, there's meetings with customers, planned and unplanned. Then there's the reading of various gun forums to try and follow what folks are talking about, and offering suggestions when asked. And nearly all of the above is what happens in just a typical day.

So, all that being said, I personally do not have the time to make the changes necessary to the website. Yes, I've had a rash of bad luck, if you will, in finding someone/company that's reliable and prompt in making changes that I may need/request. Have I lost potential orders because the website is somewhat out of date - most likely, yes. But as I mentioned above, I'm trying to reverse that and bring the website up to date. Once that's been accomplished, I think you will be happy with what you see.

Hey stolivar......I understand your point. Although it sounds like Kevin is making strides towards updating his website.

My advice is this - You can see and read about Kev's quality and service from his satisfied customers. Two of my past three holsters he's done were not really listed on his website. We simply e-mailed back and forth a bit ( and I even called once ) to hammer out exactly what I wanted. I know that Kev won't even start a project until he's feels he's perfectly clear on what the customer wants.
    Then I just stood back and let the man work. In both cases, my unique-custom-in-my-head holster design arrived in the mail far exceeding my expectations.
    Until he gets the site updated with a "Customer Gallery", you'll have to trust that if you want it, Kev can do it.

I'm in the process of physically altering ( home smithing! ) my 3" SP101. No matter what, I want it to ride in a K&D Holster. I've talked with Kev about it and we're gonna wait till I'm done tinkering with the firearm before holster making begins.

Hope this helps.
    Gary in Pennsylvania

CZ-75D PCR Compact
    CZ-75BD POLICE
    Ruger GP-100 KGPF-330
    3" short shroud!
    Ruger SP-101 KSP-331
    3"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast