Safepacker unit?

Safepacker unit?

This is a discussion on Safepacker unit? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am considering getting a safepacker for carry on my backpack waist belt while in the woods, and possibly for carry in town as well. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Safepacker unit?

Safepacker unit?

I am considering getting a safepacker for carry on my backpack waist belt while in the woods, and possibly for carry in town as well. I haven't seen any discussions on the safepacker in this forum.
    Details are at - Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC

Has anyone tried this holster option? positive or negative comments?

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Looks rather doofy as an OWB,but nifty idea for the seatbelt,....

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I have one. It is not that easy to use as a holster, but with a little practice, you might get to be proficient.

I wouldn't use it to carry around town. You will look like a dufus. I use it, against the advice of my valued members here, as an easy carry in the car when I pick up my daughter after work while I am in my Superman pajamas. My daughter has seen it several times and never asked what was in it.

It would also be good to carry in a gym bag. I have seen several posts about people using it at the gym. They put their guns in it and stick it in their gym bag, carrying the bag around with them. It seems to work well for that.

I can't comment on backpacking. Never used it for it.

Bottom line, it has come in handy several times and I would have one on hand if you can afford multiple holsters.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I hiked with a number of guys that used them strapped to their backpacks. Hiking with a pack, I always carried OWB forward of my pack. I loved to challenge those guys with the Safepacker sissy stuff to draw and shoot with their packs on, as if they faced a serious animal or human attack. They were always struggling to get their packs off before I double tapped the target. Stupid way to carry!

i can see that working great for backpacking.
    a little harder trying to strap it to your belt and walk around tho
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

I agree not for me!! To many good quality holsters out there that allow a fast draw to mess with something like this man purse. Just my .02, if it works for you, great!!
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I've had one for several years and carry it on my pack's waist belt in a cross-draw position. After buying and trying a bunch of camera cases and belt pouches I can say I've found my happy place with the Safepacker. It goes unnoticed on the trail and my G30 is immediately accessible.

I also bought their belt that holds a couple of water bottles with the Safepacker positioned between them. I wear it several times a week on trails. It's excellent for walking but has to be cinched pretty tightly to keep it from bouncing while running.

No, I don't carry it around town or wear it OWB as EDC as some do. The former because I fear I'd leave it somewhere, the later because I already look enough of a geek without wearing the mother of all belt pouches.
    Last edited by bliss_137; January 15th, 2008 at 08:02 PM.

I use mine all the time. It holds my pistol and an extra magazine in the hard plastic saddlebags of my motorcycle. The bags also lock. I'm not going to be shooting from on top of the bike while riding so, if I have to pull over and get off the bike, why not reach into the bag for my weapon. Not exactly a fast draw situation but..........

the bears love it!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The 'Safepacker' was made to protect the pistol from damage for "armed moutain rescue teams whose equipment received very hard use in rocky, dusty and sometimes rain-soaked enviroments".
    Sure, I've got one for my 1911 Govt. and I use it as I feel fit for the situation and not for some precieved fighting situation.
    Anyway, I will be the one in my casket and NO- your not in my 'gun' will.
    As with any of your firearms, get proper training and just practice with all of your 'kit'. Good Luck!
    p.s., I don't care about looks, I'm am trying to defend myself and my family, not entering the 'Cool, hooaa, bullet of the week club'.
    Take care.
    bourgeoisboy likes this.

I don't think I'd attach it to my pack, you just can't reach it fast enough. I've actually worn mine out in public and didn't so much as raise an eyebrow. Most people assume it's just some kind of PDA case or something.

It works well as a "hidden in plain sight" kind of thing. I've left mine on the coffee table and asked friends if they could find my gun, so far no one has gotten it right away (including some gun people).

It does do a great job of protecting your investment. The workmanship is top notch. For sure it's not the end all of holsters, but for a specific purpose it fits the bill very well.

Like any other holster it will take practice to get the flow down. It's not going to be quite as fast as a strong side holster, but with practice you can get pretty quick.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    The idea of attaching it to the seatbelt doesn't sound too bad for a road trip. It would keep it nice and handy for the right hand.

Then again, you could probably just go to Walmart and find something that would work about as well or could be rigged to work.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Springer...For a road trip, why not just keep it in the passenger seat, the console, or in an offside holster?

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Springer...For a road trip, why not just keep it in the passenger seat, the console, or in an offside holster?
    Well.... in the passenger seat, it could go flying in an accident. I've found (most) holsters to not be too comfortable while driving. The console sounds like a good idea, but I don't have one in the center.

This would be excellent for car carry when you can't carry at your destination.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

safepacker on waistbelt

hi guys,
    thanks for all the comments! I have been thinking of using the safepacker on the waistbelt of my daypack or big backpack, or possibly on the shoulder straps. I think I will go ahead and get one, seems as though it would do fairly well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links