Appendix carry holsters

Appendix carry holsters

This is a discussion on Appendix carry holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After mexican carrying around the house for a wile, I think that I'm going to try appendix carry as it seems to be most comfortable ...

Appendix carry holsters

After mexican carrying around the house for a wile, I think that I'm going to try appendix carry as it seems to be most comfortable for my body type.
    I need some opinions from those who carry AIWB. I have been looking at holsters for my Steyr S40 for a few weeks. Here's a few that looked promising...

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...dden_ally.html - I like the Hidden Ally, but it lacks a sweat shield (I work outside so sweat might be an issue).

Welcome to JMG Holsters! - I can get the JMG 7 Series with a belt loop like the 3.1 Series, and it has a sweat shield.

http://www.shop.customcarryconcepts....=3&productId=1 - I don't know if the kydex Quick Cover will be uncomfortable in the sitting position.

Any opinions on the subject would be appreciated, Thanks.
    "I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend" J.R.R. Tolkien

I recently picked up a CompTac 2 O'Clock for AIWB. I'm going to have to loose some weight in order to wear it comfortably. I used to carry AIWB and it is a faster draw, without a doubt.

I like the 2 O'clock, but it is $65. The Quick Cover holster that I listed is similar and only $39. Unfortunately I don't have very much money to spend on a holster right now, so I need something fairly low cost.
    "I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend" J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron4_6 View Post
    I like the 2 O'clock, but it is $65. The Quick Cover holster that I listed is similar and only $39. Unfortunately I don't have very much money to spend on a holster right now, so I need something fairly low cost.
    Since your funds are limited... get the less expensive one.

I was going to suggest the alter ego (its really a great holster) from highnoon but at $95~... out of budget.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    I have a High Noon Mr Softy (non tuckable version of Hidden Ally) & it works well. It's very thin & the clip is very strong. I use a Wilderness Instructors gun belt as it was wearing the finish off my leather gun belt. That's my only complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron4_6 View Post
    If the difference between what you want and what you'll settle for is only $25, skip a few movies, Starbucks, or Big Macs and buy what you want! I recently told a guy that was admiring my Wilson Combat that if he saved $5 a day (not hard to do), he could buy his own in one year!

Pricing is $55 on Comp-Tac 2 o'clock holster

The Comp-Tac 2 o'clock holster costs $55:

Comp-Tac 2 o'clock web page

I have one for a Kahr MK7 and like it very much. It has a short sweat shield to keep it away from the body. The concealment is excellent and the draw is fast. Also, the company Comp-Tac has better customer service than any other holster company with which I have dealt.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Links