Smartcarry-ALMOST GOT MADE

This is a discussion on Smartcarry-ALMOST GOT MADE within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by RochPersDef I don't relish the idea of having a gun pointed at my cohones..... Me neither. If the gun is pointed at ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smartcarry-ALMOST GOT MADE

Quote Originally Posted by RochPersDef View Post
    I don't relish the idea of having a gun pointed at my cohones.....
    Me neither. If the gun is pointed at my cohones, I'm not wearing the SmartCarry low enough.

I also edited my previous post. I said something like "Turn the top 3-4" of my underwear down and stick it to the velcro." I meant the top 3/4".

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Me neither. If the gun is pointed at my cohones, I'm not wearing the SmartCarry low enough.

I also edited my previous post. I said something like "Turn the top 3-4" of my underwear down and stick it to the velcro." I meant the top 3/4".
    LOL that makes alot more sence

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Maybe I'm thick, or I just don't get it...but if I can't wear a hip holster with my normal sized gun (P7M8), then I just grab a j-frame which can go in the pocket or ankle...if you feel a j-frame or pocket auto isnt't enough and you need a larger gun on you, then wouldn't you also feel you need to get to it quickly?

I'll toss in that I carry a G17, all day, concealed in an IWB from Rusty Sherrick. I wear it at the 4 O'clock position or therabouts, and I've never been made (at least with that holster..lol)

With even a light button down shirt, I can keep it hidden very well. I was taught, and still teach that I want only one layer between the gun and the world when possible. My guidelines for a holster or carry method mean I want to be able to produce the firearm and engage within 1.5 to 2 sec MAXimum. If I have to work too hard to draw it, I won't use it.

Now, this is my opinion, based on my training and experience. Your thoughts may vary. Those are the 'filters' that I use to judge what and how I want to carry.

Dave

GPS

Wedgie Carry!?!

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post

Oh, you mean you don't have to give yourself a wedgie in order to wear a Smart Carry?
    Cordially,
    GPS

Visit U.S. Concealed Carry - The Ultimate Resource for the Armed Citizen http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/inde...ffID=GStrecker

Just tell them you're using your grandads hernia truss. They probably won't ask any more questions after that.

Next time that happens, excuse yourself and step into the restroom.

Return wearing your underwear outside of your pants.

Nobody will question it ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    ...if you feel a j-frame or pocket auto isnt't enough and you need a larger gun on you, then wouldn't you also feel you need to get to it quickly?
    Absolutely. My guess is you've never seen anyone using a SmartCarry draw quickly. I can draw and fire in about 1 second. Not quite as quick as IWB, but my need for deep cover is more important than saving 1/2 second.

Quote Originally Posted by RochPersDef View Post
    My guidelines for a holster or carry method mean I want to be able to produce the firearm and engage within 1.5 to 2 sec MAXimum.
    Sounds like a good guideline. I pass the test.

Quote Originally Posted by GPS View Post
    Oh, you mean you don't have to give yourself a wedgie in order to wear a Smart Carry?

What I do to avoid your problem is this...

The front of the shirt gets tucked under the smartcarry holster. The back of the shirt gets tucked OVER the top of the smartcarry velcro band. So near the sides it changes from under to over.

I hope this helps.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    What I do to avoid your problem is this...

The front of the shirt gets tucked under the smartcarry holster. The back of the shirt gets tucked OVER the top of the smartcarry velcro band. So near the sides it changes from under to over.

I hope this helps.
    As mentioned before, this is exactly how the manufacturer recommends it being worn, and it works great for me. If the strap does start to ride up in the rear, it will not be exposed, as it is still under your shirt. I carry a Bersa .380 CC in my Smartcarry at least 10 hours a day, everyday. I work at a bank and have to wear a suit and tie, and this is the best method I have carried so far. I tried a tuckable IWB, but it just never looked quite right with the shirt tucked in. I know most people would never notice, but I absolutely can't let anyone at work know I carry.

As to the poster who mentioned having the gun pointed at your "valuables," it is obvious that they have never worn, or even researched, the Smartcarry. The gun is never pointed at that part of your anatomy. Also, it is surprisingly quick to draw. Just reach your hand down, pull it out, and you're good to go.

Senior Moderator
    I use both Smartcarry and tuckable holsters. Both require 2 hands but the SmartCarry is the faster, almost as fast as IWB.

And if my gun is pointing at my wanker I'm wearing it wrong.
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I've realized with practice I'm getting better at not getting caught,........

I've gotten better at the whole half tuck around thing with my shirt too

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links