1911 IWB Holster

1911 IWB Holster

This is a discussion on 1911 IWB Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My new night sights for my 1911 and new grip panels will be in this week. After I give it a good shoot in I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1911 IWB Holster

VIP Member

1911 IWB Holster

My new night sights for my 1911 and new grip panels will be in this week. After I give it a good shoot in I am thinking of carrying it on occasions. Anyone know of a good IWB holster for a full size 1911?

I'm happy with the Cross Breed Super-tuck for my full size Kimber. Whichever holster you decide on, make sure you have a good deal of cant to conceal the grip.

How many choices do you want? There's dozens of great designs and holsters are a highly individual thing. Collecting them can be as addictive as collecting the 1911's!

My two favorite makers are K&D and Andrews Leather. See the holster maker links on this site and you could browse for hours!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Milt Sparks VM2 is a top favorite. Click on the link at the top of the home page.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Don't go cheap and expect a wait for quality stuff. Buy the matching belt and mag pouch at the same time from the same maker. The belt is as important as the holster! I agree, the VM-II is one of my favorite IWB's, the other being Brommeland's MaxCon V.

UBG Holsters

I'm very happy with my UBG Canute. It's a dual loop IWB so it's very stable and comfortable. The price is reasonable and best of all, Nate delivers in about a month.

UBG Holsters
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    It's just my opinion but I think the VM-II is the best IWB made!

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Here is mine.... Andrews Custom Leather Mc Daniels II
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

The first rule of gunfighting should be to know when the gunfight starts - being the last one to get the news certainly won't put the odds in your favor.

JD
    Administrator
    Another vote on the VMII.

Not to offend anyone else's holsters, but unless you get a model with two belt loops, you're going to suffer shifting, which effects your grip. As far as I'm concerned, there are only two styles worth mentioning...the Summer Special, which puts the loops right over the top of the pistol (and makes it bulky for me), or the wide spread double loops fore and aft of the pistol, made by many holstermakers. Personally, I like the Sparks VM2 and the Brommeland MaxConV, but each to their own. The single loop IWB,s, and especially the crappy clip models, do not hold the gun in a consistant postition. They may be a little more comfortable, but I want to know were my pistol is at all times.

Gotta disagree on the Andrews McDaniel II. Been wearing one full time between two different 1911's for a couple years now. With a good gun belt that loop fits very tight and the rough side out helps lock the holster in place when you buckle the belt up. Very comfortable and stable holster for me. I do have a K&D defender to compare it too. Would have trouble choosing my favorite as they both work so well.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I'd look at the Mtac by Comp Tac, great holster, comfortable and you'll have it less than 1 week. Also check out the IWB models from UBG. Links on the mega holster page. He makes great holsters and delivers ON TIME in a reasonable time period.

K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories

Dakota Defender. I haven't even looked at another 1911 rig since. I carry a 5" Delta Elite in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Not to offend anyone else's holsters, but unless you get a model with two belt loops, you're going to suffer shifting, which effects your grip. As far as I'm concerned, there are only two styles worth mentioning...the Summer Special, which puts the loops right over the top of the pistol (and makes it bulky for me), or the wide spread double loops fore and aft of the pistol, made by many holstermakers. Personally, I like the Sparks VM2 and the Brommeland MaxConV, but each to their own. The single loop IWB,s, and especially the crappy clip models, do not hold the gun in a consistant postition. They may be a little more comfortable, but I want to know were my pistol is at all times.
    First I will say that I understand the concern. However, I dont seem to have any shifting "problems". It stays put for the most part. Any shifting is VERY minimal. What it does do is allow it to move WITH your body movement and not fight againts you. In doing that the grip position is always the same in relation to body position and allowing more comfort. I have used this holster for shooting IDPA and always had a very cinsistant draw.
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

The first rule of gunfighting should be to know when the gunfight starts - being the last one to get the news certainly won't put the odds in your favor.

Sparks Executive Companion.
    Jerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links