crossbreed super tuck help

This is a discussion on crossbreed super tuck help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wear a supertuck all day, everyday at work with my XDsc. The thing about a supertuck is that they are not fancy holsters that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crossbreed super tuck help

I wear a supertuck all day, everyday at work with my XDsc. The thing about a supertuck is that they are not fancy holsters that have as much time in them as a fully custom leather holster. They are a workhorse that can be worn all day, abused and still be ready the next day for the same thing without any problems. The best part is that they are one of a handfull of tuckable hoslters that can be had about a week after you order them, at a good price, imo.

2. Remove Ads

Since i started this i will say its a great holster.
    The only thing is when i grab for my gun I have to wedge my fingers in. I think when i trim an inch or 1 1/2 off it will be fine. I carry a pretty thick gun anyway. good product mark
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by mtcraigco View Post
    Just to clarify this a bit, the MTAC (which is Comp-Tacs Fancy version of our SuperTuck) is 80.00 plus S&H

The Spartan, which is almost an exact knock-off of our SuperTuck is indeed cheaper at $60.00. So yes, the Spartan is a few dollars cheaper, and comes without a lifetime warranty (you do get one year) and there is a potential 15%-20% restocking fee if you do return it.

Comp-Tac certainly makes good holsters and they are worth thier price, and so are ours.

Please do try to compare apples to apples.

Actually I did say the cheaper MTAC (Spartan). Yes, quite similar. The interchangeable bodies and the fact that the gun is completely covered is a plus in my book. The front sight has a tendency to drag on draw and the kydex is scratched on my supertuck. A proper sight channel is something I look for. You do not offer a complete coverage option. This has been brought up in forums before (Not sure where I saw it). You charge extra for an option that most people would choose if it were the same price (combat grip). So your holster come to $73 spec'd like this. I would say that is in the same price range. To be honest, I liked your holster when I first got it but I now know exactly what I desire in a holster.

I think Tucker gun leather’s "The Answer" was the first hybrid holster.
    -Biker

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtbiker View Post
    Actually I did say the cheaper MTAC (Spartan). Yes, quite similar. The interchangeable bodies and the fact that the gun is completely covered is a plus in my book. The front sight has a tendency to drag on draw and the kydex is scratched on my supertuck. A proper sight channel is something I look for. You do not offer a complete coverage option. This has been brought up in forums before (Not sure where I saw it). You charge extra for an option that most people would choose if it were the same price (combat grip). So your holster come to $73 spec'd like this. I would say that is in the same price range. To be honest, I liked your holster when I first got it but I now know exactly what I desire in a holster.

I think Tucker gun leatherís "The Answer" was the first hybrid holster.
    My mistake on misreading your post, I thought you were implying that the MTAC was cheaper as in "cheaper MTAC" being cheaper than the SuperTuck .

I see now that you meant to convey the cheaper version of the MTAC.

Either way, as long as you have what you like and need and it allows you to carry what you like, then that is what matters most.

thanks

Mark
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

What is the big deal. I have a Super Tuck, and like it. I haven't had to trim any of the leather, don't really see a need to but I understand some of the comments about getting the full grip or whatever. I just choose to leave it the way it came. If you prefer to trim out for the grip, hey I am sure the folks at CrossBreed understand.

As far as the complaints about value or something that is cheaper, or whatever. If you don't like a product, don't buy it. If you have one that you did buy and think you paid to much, well who's fault is that.

I have got lots of holsters for lots of different guns. Some of them I use, some of them I leave on the shelf. I am not the only one like this as others have admited to this also.

But I do use my Super Tuck, and I do like it. I shopped around for similar IWB products and picked the Super Tuck because I like the features, the cost and their warranty.

What a bunch of whiners.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Mark,

Will trimming the leather backing on my Supertuck void the lifetime warantee?

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobeGuy View Post
    Mark,

Will trimming the leather backing on my Supertuck void the lifetime warantee?

Not at all. We obviously wouldn't replace the backer under warranty, but the clips and all the rest would still be under the warranty.
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC

I've been going back and forth on trimming my SuperTuck since I got it a couple months ago - I finally did it last night. It's actually far more comfortable, and conceals my P7 much better. Removing a bit of the leather between the grip and my body allows it sit much closer to my body, with significantly less printing. It's also much easier to get a good grip to draw.

I'm guessing your height, weight, and build have a lot to do with it.

Cut (slowly) with a sharp utility blade, then blend the edge with a sanding drum on a dremel.

/rl

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by climber View Post
    I'm guessing your height, weight, and build have a lot to do with it.

Cut (slowly) with a sharp utility blade, then blend the edge with a sanding drum on a dremel.

/rl
    Could not have said it better myself.

And for what it's worth, while it seems as if EVERYBODY is trimming thier SuperTucks, such is definitely not the case.

Although I don't know how many folks do it themselves and we never hear about it, the ones we do know about or do for the customer amount to 10-15 percent I would say.
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links