New Holsters from Brigade Gunleather

This is a discussion on New Holsters from Brigade Gunleather within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I didn't want to hijack the other thread inquiring about Brigade Gunleather's products with a picture intensive post, so decided to start my own thread. ...

Thread: New Holsters from Brigade Gunleather

New Holsters from Brigade Gunleather

I didn't want to hijack the other thread inquiring about Brigade Gunleather's products with a picture intensive post, so decided to start my own thread.

My 4 holsters from Brigade actually arrived last Friday, 1/18/08, but I had to wait till today to pick up the package. Wasn't home when they tried to deliver on Friday and post office closed on Monday.

My order was placed with Brigade on February 23, 2007 and arrived on January 18th, 2008. 329 days or 47 weeks. When the order was place, their web site indicated a wait time of 15 weeks. Periodically, their web site would be changed to reflective higher and higher wait times. As of today, they are no longer indicating wait times in weeks but as 12-13 months. The only complaint I have is that if the wait time was 15 weeks when I ordered, how did my wait time grow to 47 weeks. I can understand new orders taking longer if their backlog was growing, but it shouldn't have changed the wait for orders already in. On the plus side, they were always pleasant to deal with on the phone and they didn't bill my CC until the holsters were ready to ship.

To the holsters themselves. The workmanship appears outstanding. Finish is uniform though a somewhat different coloration than depicted on their web photos. Fit to the firearms is excellent even without any adjustment to the tension screws. Solid retention but smooth draw. I can't attest to the comfort of the IWB M-11s yet as I haven't had a chance to wear them but a quick try for fit feels like they will be very comfortable. All stitching is uniform and solid. Would I order from them again? Probably. I wish they could get their backlog under control so that delivery estimates would be more precise. I can understand a certain amount of variance but a 300% increase from the original estimate seems a little extreme. I believe the quality of the products will prove that my wait was worth it, though I did have to buy other holsters for carry while waiting. In short, if you can handle the long delivery time, I don't think you would be disappointed with their holsters. At least I don't think I will be.

Hoss

Sig P245 in Brigade Gunleather M-2 OWB

Para Nite-Hawg in Brigade Gunleather M-2 OWB

Sig P245 in Brigade Gunleather M-11 IWB

Kahr PM-9 in Brigade Gunleather M-11 IWB

Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Looks very nice and great pics!

WOW, those things look top quality to me... Very nice..

Good looking holsters!!! I'm the proud owner of 2 of Brigade GunLeather holsters, both are M3 models, one for my CZ 85 and the other does double duty for my P229 and P220 Compact. The quality on the leather is outstanding!

The only downside is that the wait for a holster is up to a year now.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Very nice leather. ! did not know brigade was making such fine looking products. i will have to take a look at buying from them. Thanks for the great pics and congrats on your new leather!

A retention screw is a sure sign of poor fit. A properly boned holster doesn't need one.

Thanks for the pictures! Those look like they will last a very long time. Let me know if you get tired of them and decide to let go.

Good holsters.

Links