Help me pick my new holster

This is a discussion on Help me pick my new holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I feel like I keep repeating myself. lol But I do love my TT Gunleather IWB. BTW...change my vote from "other" to "TT IWB". I ...

View Poll Results: Which holster?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • MTAC

28 43.75%
  • TT IWB

23 35.94%
  • Other : please tell me why

13 20.31%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me pick my new holster

I feel like I keep repeating myself. lol But I do love my TT Gunleather IWB.

BTW...change my vote from "other" to "TT IWB". I outsmarted myself when I voted.
    Last edited by Mainspring; January 24th, 2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Brain fart
    The keys to winning a gunfight are first to bring a gun and secondly to take your time, quickly.

Always remember that if your opponent is within range, so are you.

POWER TO THE MEPEOPLE!!!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    VM2.
    You can't go wrong with it. I've got a used horsehide one coming for a 5" 1911, you usually can find them in stock at lightning arms dot com. I've also got a Sparks HR-LTD on order for a 5", scheduled to be here some time mid-summer.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    You can't go wrong with it. I've got a u
    sed horsehide one coming for a 5" 1911, you usually can find them in stock at lightning arms dot com. I've also got a Sparks HR-LTD on order for a 5", scheduled to be here some time mid-summer.
    I went wrong with it. The VM II absolutely did not work for me. I am 6' , 200lb and it did not work. I know of others it did not work for either. But I do have a buddy that he would have no other holster but the VMII. But to say you can't go wrong - unless I can send it back for a full refund - then I could go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    I went wrong with it. The VM II absolutely did not work for me. I am 6' , 200lb and it did not work. I know of others it did not work for either. But I do have a buddy that he would have no other holster but the VMII. But to say you can't go wrong - unless I can send it back for a full refund - then I could go wrong.
    You can still sell it for what you paid for it. How were you carrying it? Positioning is a big factor in comfortable IWB carry. Another is weapon choice. Not to mention the rest of the system, like the belt and choice of cover garments.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

holsters

i have one uncle mikes sidekick,acouple galcos (iwb&owb) and
    one or two no names.
    mostly for comfort and cocealablity.
    oh,get forget the diffrant type of belts for the holsters.
    chothing and weather also play a factor in which holster i use.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    You can still sell it for what you paid for it. How were you carrying it? Positioning is a big factor in comfortable IWB carry. Another is weapon choice. Not to mention the rest of the system, like the belt and choice of cover garments.
    True on the weapon choice. Mine was a Glock, which is a little thicker than my friend with a 1911. That is the reason there never is a perfect holster or perfect gun for everyone. If you have your heart set on a specific holster, then we might need to adjust what we carry - and vice versa. But the VMII is finely crafted - no doubt. And yes, you can sell these holster as the wait time on a new is many many weeks.

I love my M-Tac. And when I want to change from my M&P to my 1911 all I do is change bodies. The leather on my M-Tac is nice and soft since I wore it next to my skin for most of the summer.
    Deputy Director of Training
    LMSDefense
    www.lmsdefense.com
    troyprice@lmsdefense.com

It is not the ability to master the extraordinary that makes a warrior special; what makes a warrior special is the ability to master the basics extraordinarily well. - (author unknown)

Read the post on tt, plus its leather, and a great design. It's hard toput a price on customer service
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Going with TT!

Thanks to Sportserguy and his extra holster. I'm getting a good deal on the TT.
    -Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbiker View Post
    Thanks Flyboy, my main problem is the lack of full coverage of the CB. My front sight catches and I don't like the belt clips. I must admit that the CB is comfortable. The leather backing spreads out the load and it's more comfortable than my CTAC or Infadel that are all kydex. Although, the CTAC is for a full size USP thats HUGE.
    That seems to be a common complaint with the CB holsters (one of my dislikes as well). Mark is a member here on the forum, I hope he takes note of this.

I made my own and am very happy with the simplistic design. It's not a flashy, pretty holster, but it is IWB, it's very effective, and it is concealed.

I've noticed a lot of kydex IWB holster makers use the thicker (.093") kydex, whereas CB is closer to .060" and is surprisingly sturdy, and noticeably thinner. So you end up with the thickness of your gun + .185" (just over 1/8") in leather and kydex.

There are ways that you can tweak the kydex to prevent the front sight from snagging.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    That seems to be a common complaint with the CB holsters (one of my dislikes as well). Mark is a member here on the forum, I hope he takes note of this.

I made my own and am very happy with the simplistic design. It's not a flashy, pretty holster, but it is IWB, it's very effective, and it is concealed.

I've noticed a lot of kydex IWB holster makers use the thicker (.093") kydex, whereas CB is closer to .060" and is surprisingly sturdy, and noticeably thinner. So you end up with the thickness of your gun + .185" (just over 1/8") in leather and kydex.

There are ways that you can tweak the kydex to prevent the front sight from snagging.

Got a pic of your homemade holster?
    -Biker

I have both the MTAC and TT Leather holsters for USP-C.

The TT Leather is VERY well made, unlike my FST, the dye does not stain my pants. The look is very close to the MS VMII-BUT the fit is not as snug. My USP-C fit right away, no break-in. My P2SK also fits, whereas the USP-C VMII did not fit the P2SK.

Gotta admit, the TT came quickly, great price and Tim is a great guy to work with.

YMMV
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbiker View Post
    Got a pic of your homemade holster?

I used .093 kydex on mine and the holster overall is noticeably thicker overall than the CB. I plan on making another one with the .060" kydex when I can afford to buy some more.

The CB holster that I purchased only covered the barrel about 3/4" forward of the trigger guard, and the end of the barrel extended about 3/4" past the end of the leather (They do not have a mold for my weapon).
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

the TT IWB is very simular to my Milt Sparks VMII. The VMII is very comfortable to carry all day long. I have IWB`s for my carry guns and am happy with them.
    Keep your powder dry

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I chose other...

Asking about a good holster is like asking about a good pair of shoes. There are as many opinions about holsters as members...(well, almost).
    I like Fist, Inc...I have 2 doz+ of them. There are, however, some 'fine' holster makers right on this forum...
    2 dozen + ?! You're a sick man........!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links