Help me pick my new holster

This is a discussion on Help me pick my new holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I'm looking for an IWB holster for my 4" Kimber. I have a CrossBreed Supertuck and I don't like it. I've go it narrowed ...

View Poll Results: Which holster?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • MTAC

28 43.75%
  • TT IWB

23 35.94%
  • Other : please tell me why

13 20.31%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me pick my new holster

Question Help me pick my new holster

Ok, I'm looking for an IWB holster for my 4" Kimber. I have a CrossBreed Supertuck and I don't like it.

I've go it narrowed down to 1 leather and 1 kydex choice.

The kydex is the CompTac MTAC Comp-Tac : Products

and the leather is the TT Gunleather IWB IWB holster 4" 1911

I have a CTAC for my USP that I like but, I like the concept of the leather backing.
    -Biker

2. Remove Ads

I have no opinion for the poll, I was just curious what you don't like about the Supertuck.

Thanks,
    Mike

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    I didn't express my opinion either. I've never used a Kydex holster. But I ordered the TT Gunleather IWB for my Kimber last night. I really like the look of the leather holster, plus I went ahead and ordered it with the sharkskin trim.
    Greg

It's not what you go thru in life, but how well you go thru it.

Quote Originally Posted by mprasek View Post
    I have no opinion for the poll, I was just curious what you don't like about the Supertuck.

Thanks,
    Mike
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...tuck-help.html

p.s. I'm not trying to start a war with Mark, just looking for something that works better for me.
    -Biker

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I have and like the MTAC, and would happily recommend it, especially with Comp-Tac's excellent return policy. I know nothing about TT, though.

No experience with the TT holster, but I do have the MTAC. I got it about a week ago and I've worn it every day. It is by far the most comfortable holster I've ever had. In fact, I sold my Versa-Max II just the other day . Another plus with the MTAC is the service. I ordered the holster on a Wednesday at 6PM, I had the holster the following Tuesday.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    TT Gunleather. Wish I could attach a pic of my TT Gunleather holster and SA Champion. Have owned both a MS VM and a HBE COM III for my full size Springer. Both are great holsters but Tim will have you one of his superb holsters built to your liking in no time at all
    (4-6 weeks I believe) at almost half the cost of the other makers. Have been wearing it constantly for the last month and have nothing but a 5 star rating for the rig. Here's a kicker. The original holster was lost in the mail system prior to the Christmas rush. Tim built me another rig and threw in a IWB mag holder free of charge. I received the original holster weeks after the second one. He said it was mine to keep and don't send it back. Don't hear of that service these days.
    Now have 2 of the same holsters. If you're looking for a black NIB IWB TT Gunleather holster for a Commander size .45 let me know.
    Good luck.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

I chose other...

Asking about a good holster is like asking about a good pair of shoes. There are as many opinions about holsters as members...(well, almost).
    I like Fist, Inc...I have 2 doz+ of them. There are, however, some 'fine' holster makers right on this forum...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a lot of holsters. I recently bought and MTAC. Tuckable, easy to put on and take off and THE most comfortable holster I own. The TT IWB looks very nice as well. In fact I was considering one of them as well. If you go with the TT let us know how you like it. I may need one of those as well!

Anyway, I have NO complaints about the MTAC.

VIP Member
    I prefer the Milt Sparks VersaMax-II because I like it!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

mtac all the way
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

VM2.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I don't know what you did not like about the Crossbreed - so it is hard to say what you would like about the MTAC. I will say that the MTAC is thicker because they install more leather around the mounting points of the shell - this also has additional kydex in between these two pieces of leather - which over all makes the holster much more bulkier than the CB. I never wear my MTAC - it is just not comfortable as the CB - plus there is much more bulge. So in my opinion, you might be better off without the MTAC since you do not like the CB - try something all leather.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    I don't know what you did not like about the Crossbreed - so it is hard to say what you would like about the MTAC. I will say that the MTAC is thicker because they install more leather around the mounting points of the shell - this also has additional kydex in between these two pieces of leather - which over all makes the holster much more bulkier than the CB. I never wear my MTAC - it is just not comfortable as the CB - plus there is much more bulge. So in my opinion, you might be better off without the MTAC since you do not like the CB - try something all leather.

Thanks Flyboy, my main problem is the lack of full coverage of the CB. My front sight catches and I don't like the belt clips. I must admit that the CB is comfortable. The leather backing spreads out the load and it's more comfortable than my CTAC or Infadel that are all kydex. Although, the CTAC is for a full size USP thats HUGE.
    -Biker

I don't know what clips you have, but when I ordered the MTAC, I ordered an extra set of clips for my CB. I use the V or velcro clips now and love how well they conceal. I do not like the 'J" clips or the "C" clips from any manufacturer. The clips from Comp-Tac have holes, the CB holster has holes - so it gave me a huge range of adjustment. I would call Mark at Crossbreed and see what his thoughts are for a solution. It might be that the MTAC would work better for you. I know finding the correct holster is a huge undertaking - you find one that is comfortable, then it does not hold the gun correctly or it prints. Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links