Advice Needed for IWB for SIG 220 "Carry"

This is a discussion on Advice Needed for IWB for SIG 220 "Carry" within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd like to get a comfortable IWB holster for my SIG 220 "Carry" with rail model pistol. Any opinions/inputs would be appreciated. I've been looking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice Needed for IWB for SIG 220 "Carry"

I'd like to get a comfortable IWB holster for my SIG 220 "Carry" with rail model pistol. Any opinions/inputs would be appreciated.
    I've been looking at Galco's "Summer Comfort" and Royal Guard" models. Anybody have any experience with them? Thanks.
    Only An Armed People Can Be Truly Free ;
    Only An Unarmed People Can Ever Be Enslaved.
    ...Aristotle
    NRA Life Benefactor Member

check out this post

P220 Carry holster question - Topic Powered by eve community

the nylon maverick tuckaway was good, but very hard to re-holster the gun, since it was soft and collapsed upon drawing the gun. no fun at the range.

...however, a great holster for concealed carry and outright cheap! my friend found it at the local gun shop. it is a good carry holster, just not a holster to practice your draw, since it collapses easily.

check out this link:

Dillon Precision: Reloaders, Reloading Equipment, Bullet Reloading, Bullet Reloaders
    it's only about $15

hope this helps. God bless. good shooting. and vote
    yes for the 2nd amendment.

Senior Moderator
    Comp-Tac CTAC or MTAC.

Just got my MTAC for my 226, but haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Boy now if that aint the question of the day! I have an Uncle Mikes nylon holster like the one pictured that would probably work. I have a nice one for my OWB carry of my P220R45 full size SAO. I know that for now, my IWB carry options typically include the compact or sub compact Glock pistols, and seem to favor my body type. I have alot of experimenting to do concerning the larger brands of "carry or compact". The SIG grip, the slide, and the 'cocked and locked' hammer spur dictate to me the need for something between myself and the end of the slide/hammer of the pistol. I have searched the internet, and the closest thing I might ever attempt to do this with would be one of the vendor/supporters of this site-- CrossBreed Holsters, Innovative holsters for concealed carry-1911-Glock-HK-Sig-Taurus-Kimber-Springfield-Colt-XD
    if they indeed make the holster for that model. The only other option I could think of would be the kydex type: Scorpion IWB Holster
    I love my new 'Scorpion' for my G27 I purchased from one of the members here. Good luck, and kudos to you concealing IWB with the P220 w/rail!

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I like the MTAC for my P220 (non-Carry version) so far.

UBG Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by swampwolf View Post
    I'd like to get a comfortable IWB holster for my SIG 220 "Carry" with rail model pistol. Any opinions/inputs would be appreciated.
    I've been looking at Galco's "Summer Comfort" and Royal Guard" models. Anybody have any experience with them? Thanks.
    I use to carry Royal Guards and similar holsters with the loops on the body of the holster, and they worked okay, but once I discovered holsters with offset loops I never looked back. I used Rosen ARG's with a single offset loop for years and only recently started using holsters with 2 loops. Of course, the most famous of these is the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2, but it takes a long time to get one unless you get lucky, and that's probably not likely with a "non-standard" gun like a P220 Carry. Sparks is quoting 20 to 26 weeks delivery.

There are lots of other makers who offer similar type holsters, and for a lot less than the cost of a Royal Guard I recommend the UBG Canute. I've got a couple and they're extremely well made (much better than a factory Galco holster), reasonably priced, and you can get one in about a month. He made me a holster for my full size P220, but I don't know if he's got a mold for the P220 Carry. Good luck to you.

Here's a link to his site:
    UBG Holsters
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

After trying the rest, I went to the VM2 and wouldn't consider anything else. I think it's the best. As already stated, it takes a while to get the best. Sparks now has a quota system in which he only accepts so many orders a month trying to get the backlog down. Ordering is closed for the remainder of January.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I used a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 for mine... Great holster.......

I will definitely agree about the Milt Sparks VM II as the best holster. I have one for my 4" 1911 and one for my Sig P220. I also have a Summer Special. It's good, but not as good as the VM II. The VM II is more secure, and you feel the gun less.

Ken

VMII, Watch Six, UBG Canute or the likes.

Sigs are thick enough. Spread it out.

I have the MTAC coming in next week ( already shipped ) for my P228. I have previous experience with this holster and think highly of it. Also you might check with Andrews Leather Andrews Custom Leather. Sam is the owner and I believe he carries his Sig 220 in a McDaniels II. I like the McDaniels II and have it for my 1911. Good Luck.

Senior Moderator
    Just got my MTAC for my 226. Very comfortable.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by rj112275 View Post
    check out this post

P220 Carry holster question - Topic Powered by eve community

the nylon maverick tuckaway was good, but very hard to re-holster the gun, since it was soft and collapsed upon drawing the gun. no fun at the range.

...however, a great holster for concealed carry and outright cheap! my friend found it at the local gun shop. it is a good carry holster, just not a holster to practice your draw, since it collapses easily.

check out this link:

Dillon Precision: Reloaders, Reloading Equipment, Bullet Reloading, Bullet Reloaders
    it's only about $15

hope this helps. God bless. good shooting. and vote
    yes for the 2nd amendment.

Dude ,
    I have a sig 220 but would never carry it with the hammer cocked as seen in the photo.
    Maybe I'm not familiar with that model , but as far as p220,226,228,229 as far as I know its best to "de-cock" to carry.
    Please dont take this as being critical, just an observation.

That's a SAO model pictured.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jb32765 View Post
    Dude ,
    I have a sig 220 but would never carry it with the hammer cocked as seen in the photo.
    Maybe I'm not familiar with that model , but as far as p220,226,228,229 as far as I know its best to "de-cock" to carry.
    Please dont take this as being critical, just an observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    That's a SAO model pictured.
    Yep, that's a thumb safety, that model is carried C&L, just like a 1911, here's a close up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links