Purse holster

This is a discussion on Purse holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Would anyone here recommend a purse holster? I am not sure if i should get one or not.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purse holster

Purse holster

Would anyone here recommend a purse holster?
    I am not sure if i should get one or not......

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    I don't like them , like all off body carry methods it can be separated from you easier than a holstered gun. Unfortunately , womens options are sometimes less than male , depending on type of clothes worn. If you haven't seen this site yet, it may offer some suggestions.
    Cornered Cat - Table of Contents
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    My wife purse carries.S&W 38.She found a sturdy purse with a pocket that just fits the gun and allows easy access.She wears the purse on her shoulder but the strap is short,so it is actually pinned between her upper arm and body.She loves it.Be aware many on here really do not like purse carry.But it is your life and your decision.I would say consider different opinions but do what is right for you.

MY wife is on her second purse holster. She carries an EMP most of the time and a P3AT the rest of the time. The only thing I don't like about purse carry is the risk of a purse snatcher taking your purse and getting your gun as a bonus. With on body carry it would be pretty hard to lose your weapon. But if you won't carry on belt or IWB holster a purse is MUCH BETTER than leaving your gun at home.

Administrator
    I dont think they are a good idea at all. As much as I hate them myself, I'd much rather see someone carry in a butt pack that would stay secured to you the entire time your out.
    "Just blame Sixto"

If it's the only way you can carry... then by all means please do so for your own safety! I don't think it's a good way to carry, too slow and you broadcast your draw a mile away. I occasionally carry in my shoulder bag or my SLR camera bag when I have no other choice. It's better than nothing.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

As already stated if not able to carry on your body pocket book carry is still better than bein unarmed. These speciality pocket books can get pretty expensive, you can take any holster and apply some industrial velcro to the back of it and another piece to somewhere inside. This way the same holster can be moved from one purse to another. This is especially good if your wife changes pocket books like my wife. Carrying a gun loosely in a pocket book is a dumb idea and a good way to get a ND.
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I don't ever carry a purse so a carry purse is out of the question for me. I prefer IWB, but then again I always wear jeans or slacks with a belt. I find purses to be to cumbersom and annoing. Everything just gets in the way. But it is a oersonal preference. Good luck to finding your style.

TDPalmer

Stupid way to carry something as valuable as your life. I don't even like my girlfriend carrying her money or cell phone in such a vulnerable position.

VIP Member
    My wife carries in a purse designed for carrying a weapon. She works and commutes in a safe environment (yet, we do realize threats exist everywhere). She's the administrator of a large agency, they work in a secure building with a professional staff. Her vehicle is a few feet away from the door. She's in her early 50's and has never had her purse stolen or lost, in fact she's demonstrated to me some "woman tips" on how to carry and deal with a purse safely in public. So far, purse carry works for her, and I agree it is not the option that is best, or one that I heartily approve of, but she has demonstrated a lifetime of awareness and responsibility with her purse. Most importantly, it's the only option that I can get her to CCW.

There is no way that I would be able to convince her to carry on her body and add another complexity to her wardrobe and dressing for work. Her position may be trivial to some, but it's what I have to deal with.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I think the men in here should allow the women to post replies to this question. My wife carries a revolver in her purse.

If that is the best carry method for you, then by all means. I know several ladies that purse carry. There are several manufacturers that make purses just for concealed carry. Visit Galco Leather's site....they have a big selection. This method of carry would not be my first choice, but I'm not you and not a lady. Choose what is best for you.
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.--SHOOTER

Glad this question came up. I just got my permit recently. I don't want to carry in my purse because what if my purse gets snatched. I guess it's hard for ladies to carry especially in the summer months. I'm looking for ideas too, hopefully more ladies will post on how they carry.

Rachel
    "Come at the queen, you best not miss."

We just discussed this here.

Some are against, some are ok with it, neither will change their opinion.

In my opinion, if you only carry the loaded purse with a high state of awareness, I see no problem with it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossman View Post
    I think the men in here should allow the women to post replies to this question. My wife carries a revolver in her purse.
    Nobody is stopping them.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links