Who makes that holster???

This is a discussion on Who makes that holster??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's driving me crazy! I can't think of the name of that holster that I KNOW I saw on here one time. It's for driving ...

Thread: Who makes that holster???

Who makes that holster???

It's driving me crazy! I can't think of the name of that holster that I KNOW I saw on here one time. It's for driving and it attaches to the seat and it allows the gun to hang on the front of the seat and between your legs. I've looked on past threads but not having any luck. You know how it is when you can't think of something... ahhhhh. Thanks
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

2. Remove Ads

Probably one of these two car seat holsters,

The Kingston™ Car Seat Holster Kingston Car Seat Holster
    The Seat Buddy Vehicle seat holster The only one on the market! Please advise us the type of gun you have and holster orientation
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

Quote Originally Posted by Craiger View Post
    Probably one of these two car seat holsters,

The Kingston™ Car Seat Holster Kingston Car Seat Holster
    The Seat Buddy Vehicle seat holster The only one on the market! Please advise us the type of gun you have and holster orientation
    Beat me to it, I was just getting ready to say Desantis....
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

That's it!!!! It's the Kingston! What a relief. Now I can stop thinking about that and start my day. ha! I really like that product. Think I'm going to try it.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

I really like that second one. I wonder how tough it would be to draw from.
    Taggart Snyder
    Man about town...

Quote Originally Posted by taggart View Post
    I really like that second one. I wonder how tough it would be to draw from.
    I thought about that part as well. Seems like it would be really difficult to draw from. Plus even if you open your car door for just a second it's there for the world to see. Going to stick with that first one I do believe.
    Allen

Smile Seat gun holster

I purchased the Kingston holster and tried it for awhile. I found that I kept hitting the holster and gun, with my right leg, when getting into my Toyota Tundra. Only if I had the seat way back and then got in was there no problem. It was somewhat ackward there between my legs and not so easy to gain access to gun.

I saw the Seat Buddy, from the comment made today, and made a minor modification using the existing Kingston holster for my P239 and using the velcro staps. Very easy to change and used it as you would with the original arrangement. I like the better access to gun, still quick release and less likely to be seen.

Since easy to adapt try it. I don't know the arrangement on the Seat Buddy but I had no problem adapting the Kingston because of the construction. It is basically an inside waist holster with slots on both sides for spring clip and belt.

Best of luck

I think I would use the carjacker holster from Andrews Leather first. I think the desantis and the kingston would be slower to draw from than the andrews. OMO
    Last edited by mulle46; January 30th, 2008 at 09:57 PM. Reason: fixed link

If the reason for that is only because you want to be able to carry comfortably in the car and draw if needed. I do not see what you would not get a holster that will do that for you. Like the Maverick Defender It has an adjustable cant so I can set it at any angle I want, mine is set at the natural point of draw for me wearing it at about 5 o'clock I spend hours in the cars every day and it is as comfortable as can be. A slight lean forward and the gun is in my hand, without sweeping anyone me included no problem even with seat belts on. Now I do recall one guy saying he could not wear his gun at school/work so it is easier for him because he locked the gun in the car (in the trunk or glove box) was easier to just grab from a seat holster without the need to take the holster off but generally speaking just wondering why
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Links