XD .45 compact

XD .45 compact

This is a discussion on XD .45 compact within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know several of you are XD fans. My coworker just purchased a new XD 45 compact. He is looking for a quality paddle holster ...

Thread: XD .45 compact

XD .45 compact

I know several of you are XD fans. My coworker just purchased a new XD 45 compact. He is looking for a quality paddle holster preferrably leather. Any suggestions? I am a Glock man by trade and do not know a lot about XD leather. he has a little extra money to spend but is not looking to break the bank.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have a custom leather GLock holster that my XD fits in nicely. One night of wax paper and it was good to go. Just an FYI!
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I know several of you are XD fans. My coworker just purchased a new XD 45 compact. He is looking for a quality paddle holster preferrably leather. Any suggestions? I am a Glock man by trade and do not know a lot about XD leather. he has a little extra money to spend but is not looking to break the bank.
    Without a doubt K&D Holster. Consistently excellent customer reviews seems to always exceeds customer expectations. A true custom holster maker who will adapt any of his designs to suit your needs or come up with a one off for you. If he can not make what you need he knows who can and has no problem sending you to them. Real honest customer service never to busy to help out or answer questions. Top quality workmanship and materials equal to any thing on the market regardless of price, there are none better. Although there are many good holster makers not putting anyone down here. K&D Holster prices are about mid range so excellent value for your money. I posted a review of my Maverick Defender Other reviews are at available at
    New K&D Holster
    Received my new holster from K&D
    K&D Dakota Defender
    There are lots more
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    I am in the market for the same thing for the same gun. I'm looking realy hard at the Dakota Defender from K&D Holster. If you want to see some better views of than on the K&D website, check out this post on The High Road.

New IWB Holster at K&D Holsters - THR

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I carry my XD45 Compact in a Dakota Defender. It is a wonderful combination. Kevin is a true master of his art. The holster can be adjusted for height and cant. So you can fine tune it to what ever your needs are. I have purchased 4 holsters from K&D and each of them has preformed beyond my expectations. Just be aware there will be a little wait. But that is the price we pay for custom work. Just be patient and when the product arrives you will know it was worth a short wait.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

I often carry my XD 9mm sub in a Desantis Top Cop, it rides high and close for a paddle. I am very happy with it.

I don't have one but I have heard good things about the Kramer MSP paddle. It has a loop attachment that goes with your belt if you want more stability and it does have some sort of sweashield on it if that matters.

While they are by no means a custom holster

DonHume.com - Product Details
    Don Hume open top paddle holster for under $60 bucks. Use it with Glock 19

Holds it tight against you body, and cover great with a vest, or jacket.

+1 on what everyone is saying about K&D. I carry my XD IWB in a Cochise Defender and it's great holster. Kevin is a great guy to work with and if you order from him you will happy.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

-- Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Npete7381 View Post
    +1 on what everyone is saying about K&D. I carry my XD IWB in a Cochise Defender and it's great holster. Kevin is a great guy to work with and if you order from him you will happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_1 View Post
    I carry my XD45 Compact in a Dakota Defender. It is a wonderful combination. Kevin is a true master of his art.
    Do either of you gents have a Cochise and a Dakota to compare side by side? If so which do you think conceals better?

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Here's mine in a UBG Canute. Very nice setup along with the Wilderness Tactical.
    Attached Images
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

K&D sounds lovely but a "14 - 16 week turnaround time"!?! I'll have PCSed to another base by then!

Any recommendations with a <60 day turnaround? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wildblue View Post
    K&D sounds lovely but a "14 - 16 week turnaround time"!?! I'll have PCSed to another base by then!

Any recommendations with a <60 day turnaround? Thanks.
    You might e-mail some of the holster makers of your choice, explain your situation "maybe" one will make an exception. Maybe work over time to provide you with a holster. 14 - 16 weeks is about average for a custom holster some have up to a two year waiting period. Some of the off the shelf brands like Galco are not bad and can deliver in your time frame.

I'm new to the forum but I've heard that the Crossbreed Super-Tuck is supposed to be a comfortable holster with very good retention. It's not a looker but I believe delivery is 2-3 weeks.

Fist has an awesome leather paddle holster. I have one on order.

FIST, INC.

Links