IWB for p239 @ 1 to 1:30 ?

This is a discussion on IWB for p239 @ 1 to 1:30 ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been reading lots of posts but haven't found any info on a good holster for carrying @ 1 to 1:30. Any help would ...

Thread: IWB for p239 @ 1 to 1:30 ?

IWB for p239 @ 1 to 1:30 ?

I have been reading lots of posts but haven't found any info on a good holster for carrying @ 1 to 1:30. Any help would be appreciated.
    Many Thanks

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    There's some posted here. Try doing a search on "appendix carry" and you'll probably find several....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    I use a High Noon Mr Softy. It's only about $25 & in stock. They also have tuckable versions. The clip is very strong but will scratch a leather gun belt. I use a Wilderness Instructors belt, so no problem with that.

Mr Softy

I'd look at the Comp-Tac 2 o'clock. I have one for my J-frame and like it.

Austin

+1 on the High Noon.

Comp-Tac 2 o'clock

I would second the vote above for the Comp-Tac 2 o'clock appendix carry holster. I just checked the website and they make it for the Sig P239.

Comp-Tac website for 2 o'clock holster

I use it for the Kahr MK9 and it is excellent. Comp-Tac is also one of the fastest and most responsive holster companies in the business.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Seems that wearing anything at 1, 1:30 or even in the 2 o’clock position would account for a faster draw. But it would also cause PAIN in a knock-em down fist fight. I just can’t see fighting hand to hand with something that prevents me from bending over.

I like the 4 o’clock position better. I would rather carry it there and use my pocket gun first and if I have to, I would just do a New York load with my IWB weapon.

Ray

Proper appendix wear does not prevent you from bending over....Your piece is too high on the belt line or you wear your pants funny if you can not bend over.

I am talking about fighting not just bending over to pick something up! I have been in many fights where I have gotten broken bones and having a piece of metal in front of my pants would degrade my fighting ability.

Believed it or not, you do not pull a gun every time you are afraid. There is more to self defense then pulling out a gun every time and hiding behind it.

I am looking at the total picture of a fighter, and one of the attributes is knowing how to use your body and not just a gun. LOL

I like the part of wearing my pants funny. LOL

Ray

Fighting while armed is not smart....Suppose that you get your butt handed to you and the aggressor takes your gun from you and shoots you or anyone else around. There are many possibilities that could go wrong from this scenario.

I am not talking about being jumped or otherwise suprised by a fight, but responding to an assailants punch by returning punches or generally wrestling around on the floor like many of the fights I have personally witnessed.

IWB, OWB, Shoulder Holster, 1 O'clock, or 4 O'Clock. If you are worried about a gun degrading your fighting ability I don't see how you could carry in any position.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    I am talking about fighting not just bending over to pick something up! I have been in many fights where I have gotten broken bones and having a piece of metal in front of my pants would degrade my fighting ability.

Believed it or not, you do not pull a gun every time you are afraid. There is more to self defense then pulling out a gun every time and hiding behind it.

I am looking at the total picture of a fighter, and one of the attributes is knowing how to use your body and not just a gun. LOL

I like the part of wearing my pants funny. LOL

Ray
    I'm not fighting anyone if I can help it. I'm not a fighter. Never have been , never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by mhm2a View Post
    Fighting while armed is not smart....Suppose that you get your butt handed to you and the aggressor takes your gun from you and shoots you or anyone else around. There are many possibilities that could go wrong from this scenario.

I am not talking about being jumped or otherwise suprised by a fight, but responding to an assailants punch by returning punches or generally around on the floor like many of the fights I have personally witnessed.

IWB, OWB, Shoulder Holster, 1 O'clock, or 4 O'Clock. If you are worried about a gun degrading your fighting ability I don't see how you could carry in any position. Maybe you should just get your hands registered as deadly weapons and keep those in your pants?

I am talking about being jumped or as you say otherwise suprised by a fight. There are times where hands are quicker then pulling out a gun. Won't you agree?

Getting hands registered is funny and keeping them in the pants also is funny. You are a character!

You are missing the point; I already said that I like to carry at 3:30 or 4. But find that a hunk of metal pressing into my lower area during a knock-em down fight gets in the way and hurts.

Just because a guy takes a swing at you are you going to pull your gun? Sounds like you are. I am just saying that there are more to defending yourself by doing pre combat checks then too solely depend on a gun.

If a person courage and toughness comes from the weapon that they carry then think how lost that person would be after firing the first shot and the thing jams. I guess that would be the time to take my hands out of my pants, HUH? LOL Come to think of it the street thug gets his courage from his gun so are we the same? LOL

I see that we are of two different mind sets, and that is my fault. I have been lucky to train over the years in different places around the world in fighting and simply take this stand of also having the ability to fight very well when I need to. I will pull my gun when I see the time come but all fights are not life threatening. So why pretend they are?

There are many who find peace in knowing that they can pull out a gun whenever they get scared. That is find if that is all a person has to work with. But a fight should only last 3 to 5 seconds if you are grounded in the concepts and attributes of fighting.

Let’s put it this way, imagine working for a client and a person tried to get near them. This person takes a swing at your partner trying to get passed him. The stranger did not have a weapon in his hands as he hit your partner, so would your partner and you pull out weapons? …. Your partner should take the stranger down fast and VERY hard while you maintain security of the AO. Can you image the people at this fancy restaurant reaction if guns were also drawn?

Again we are talking two different mind sets and once again it is my fault. Something as simple as two people having different thoughts can make or break friendships. I am new here and like to make friends, so for now on I will keep most of my thoughts to myself and talk guns!

I give you the last word because I am out of this thread! LOL

I will agree. There are some situations that would require use of force without drawing on anyone. I suppose in most cases we would react as trained. If you are trained and skilled in hand to hand combat then you may respond differently than I would.

It all boils down to how you perceive the threat. If you are a fighter and someone throws a punch at you then you will respond to that threat differently then someone who has never been in a fight in their adult life. I would not suggest that anyone shoot someone for punching them, but It is not wise for most people to stand toe to toe with an attacker and duke it out while armed.

I would consider myself to be somewhere in the middle. I am not a trained fighter or someone who sits on the sidelines. I am, however, level headed and tend to think things through before I react. I choose to carry a gun because it is a valuable tool, not because I hide behind it. It does nothing for my courage or bravery. In fact, I hope to never use it.

All things considered, everyone is different and that is what I enjoy about reading posts from other individuals with like interests and different perspectives. Thanks for keeping it on a professional level. I enjoyed learning more about your perspectives on life and your right to protect what God gave you.

Two things:

The choice to fight or not is not always yours.

I find that appendix carriers fair well in FOF training.
    God, country, family.

Links