K&D Cochise Defender with Ammo Pouch

This is a discussion on K&D Cochise Defender with Ammo Pouch within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had the Cochise Defender for my SP 101 for about a year and I love it. I recently acquired a digital camera and decided ...

Thread: K&D Cochise Defender with Ammo Pouch

I've had the Cochise Defender for my SP 101 for about a year and I love it. I recently acquired a digital camera and decided to post a few pictures.

I wanted a way to carry spare ammo on speed strips. I had the “GRIP” pouch, a nylon belt holder for a cheap multi-tool I picked up at Cabela's, in the junk box. It holds two Bianchi speed strips with .357 rounds almost perfectly. I cut the belt loop off the back, and sewed it to the belt clip on the holster using dental floss and a curved upholstery needle.

So far it works great, is somewhat stealthy, and comes on and off with holster. The pouch is cheaply made, and I'm thinking about getting a better pouch made up out of leather some day when this one wears out.
    Attached Images

That's a great carry set up with the SP-101 and Cochise Defender. I like improvising so I like the pouch too. Not a great quality pouch but it works. Been thinking of an SP-101 for a long time now but I'm sure I'd want to do soon custom work/changes to it for a carry gun so that has kept me from getting one. I like the grip as well.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

TI Carry: Thanks for the comment. The grip is a Hogue. I hae big hands and the factory grips were way to small.

Hard to beat the SP101!! Very nice!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIrefuge View Post
    So far it works great, is somewhat stealthy, and comes on and off with holster. The pouch is cheaply made, and I'm thinking about getting a better pouch made up out of leather some day when this one wears out.
    A leather pouch would be great - except. Except it would call attention to itself and do the firearm behind it. Nobody even notices the Grip pouch. Instead of the leather you might want to look at other kinds of cases even some in leather. Eyeglass case, cell phone case, etc. There are some in leather and in good quality non-leather materials. I have been trying to decide on one myself.

I have two speed strips for my .44 Special that are made from rifle striper clips and power coated. (To learn more about them look here: 5-Shot.44 Speed Strip/Stripper Clip"Now have Pic's" The photos are on post 14) I also have the pouch shown in the photos. The trouble is that it limits me to one speed strip and anyone looking can see the brass on the rounds at each end.

The ones I have been looking at most closely are from Duluth Trading. I had used their large cell phone carrier for 5 or more years until I replaced my phone last November. I gave several away as gifts and all are still holding up. I made the mistake of giving the one I used up until November to a friend. Now I need something for the speed strips. I'm leaning toward their Rotating Cell Phone Holster because I prefer to wear it horizontally now that I have so many other things on my belt.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Links