m-tac and glock 27

This is a discussion on m-tac and glock 27 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; anyone try the m-tac for a g27 ? i'm wondering if the holster is sized to the weapon. is the leather one size for all ...

Thread: m-tac and glock 27

m-tac and glock 27

anyone try the m-tac for a g27 ? i'm wondering if the holster is sized to the weapon. is the leather one size for all applications, or do they size it to the sidearm? i know that you can buy different molds for different applications. i was hoping that someone with this rig would give me a field report on comfort and results, good or bad, pro's and con's.... wellyou get it. thanks.

2. Remove Ads

I have one and really like it. The leather on the MTAC is one size fits all. The only difference being the kydex holster designed for your particular gun. Very comfortable holster especially with the new standard clips.

I wear the MTAC w/G27 combo. Love it! Very comfortable. I wear it about 13-14hrs a day/7days and have been doing so since Aug '07. I do have the open end version so that I can use my G17 also with this holster. I also have it with the standard clips for a 1.5" belt. I know some people have complained about the leather being a bit much, but that is a non issue to me. I would happily recommend this setup to anyone looking. Hope that helps!

SY

I love mine with my G 27. I believe the leather back is standard. I chose the kydex body for the G 19/23, has I did not want the bottom open. My G27 fits just fine and is very secure and comfortable. PLUS I can also use it for my other Glocks.

isn't the 27 thicker/wider than the 19/23? do you have to loosen the retention screws to make the 27 fit? i have a c-tac for my 23, and the 27 does fit in ,but drawing it out pulls the holster and all, right out of my pants.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I also have the the MTAC for a Glock 27. Fairly comfortable, but you need to understand that holster comfort is more a matter of finding a holster that fits your body type. I discovered that is a daunting task.

This will give you an idea as to how the Glock fits into the holster.

Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

do you have the clips set all the way down or all the way up? i wear my c-tac all the way down, i reversed the struts to get the weapon as low as i could to my belt. i can still get a good grip to draw, plus it seems to conceal better on me this way. thanks for sharing the pics.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by metallicorey View Post
    isn't the 27 thicker/wider than the 19/23? do you have to loosen the retention screws to make the 27 fit? i have a c-tac for my 23, and the 27 does fit in ,but drawing it out pulls the holster and all, right out of my pants.
    1. No. Both are 1.18" thick.
    2. No. Same size.
    3. Try loosening the retention screw a bit, may help.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by metallicorey View Post
    do you have the clips set all the way down or all the way up? i wear my c-tac all the way down, i reversed the struts to get the weapon as low as i could to my belt. i can still get a good grip to draw, plus it seems to conceal better on me this way. thanks for sharing the pics.
    It is set in the middle. The one thing I like about this holster is the infinite adjustability. You will have to experiment as to what works best for you. You do not want it too low as it will hinder your ability to grip it and draw.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

As Bluelineman stated above, the G27 has the same width as the G 19/23 and ALL fit just fine in my M Tac, no adjustment needed when I switch guns.

i have a c-tac for my g23, but when i put my g27 in, there is alot more resistance going in and coming out. maybe the trigger guards are different? anyhow i just ordered my m-tac for the g27 last night. i ordered the slide version so i'm good to go with a variety of glocks. i am very happy with the c-tac so i'm sure i'll enjoy the m-tac also.

Links