CC in a suit

This is a discussion on CC in a suit within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you are wearing the jacket I don't see how just about any method of carry wouldn't work. IWB, OWB, Shoulder, Pocket, SmartCarry, Tuckable. They ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CC in a suit

If you are wearing the jacket I don't see how just about any method of carry wouldn't work. IWB, OWB, Shoulder, Pocket, SmartCarry, Tuckable. They all work provided the clothing fits correctly.

I wear a suit 2 times a week or more and I prefer my Super Tuck. The tuckable gives me the option of taking the jacket off.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I carry OWB when I wear a suit. I do not remove my coat.

Jerry

As long as your jacket stays on, it's a moot point. If you're in & out of it, go with a nice tuckable. Good Luck
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

A suit is the perfect CCW outfit. Gives you a cover garment that functions for all occasions without looking at all strange. If you wear the jacket without needing to button it (most ccw/LEOs), you don't even need special tailoring. If you're buttoning it, make sure the suit is tailored to accomodate the gun.

Jackets are long enough to cover any OWB. I recommend one, because you don't want your trousers tailored so that you *have* to wear an IWB to make it fit--a suit is expensive and should be versatile.

In "another life" when I used to carry in a NPE (non permissive environment) I carried either a PPK or a Jframe in a good pocket holster. It evolved to a KelTec P11 in a pocket holster. The reason is that in the office the jacket will come off or you risk being thought of as weird. Pocket holsters in pleated slacks worked very well for me. I'm sure Brooks Brothers never thought that their suit pants would be carrying such items! I have also used "Thunderwear" but prefer the side pocket carry.
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

Actually, Brooks Brothers is the preferred clothier of many, many federal agents and plainclothes police...I'd say their tailors are the least likely to be shocked by a customer who wants his suit cut for a gun or carries a BUG in a pocket...(although I've never met a suitmaker who wasn't familiar with it, either.)

Another tip for suit-coat CCW: have your tailor sew a "contact patch" reinforcement on the inside where the butt of the gun rubs the lining. Otherwise, it'll be swiss cheese within a few months of solid wear. Or, as someone just instructed me, slap clear thin packing tape over the spot and change it out as necessary...cheap, sustainable, replacable way to do it.

Concealing in suites is easy and allows for virtually every carry option, provided that you plan on keeping your jacket on.

I regularly conceal strong my primary pistol side OWB, strong side IWB, and with a shoulder holster in a suit. The usual pocket, ankle, and deep concealment options apply for BUGs and smaller primaries, of course.

As mentioned, you may have to tailor your suit jacket accordingly, somethig easier to accomplish than many suppose. I find a size up taken in slightly works well for me, but mileage varies with the build.

Good luck.
    God, country, family.

I've CC'd in a suit using IWB (p229). If I plan on taking off my jacket, I'll use t-shirt holster or ankle holster (MK9). Better to have one on you....even if you have to sacrifice speed.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Kramer confidant shirt holster

I wear a Kramer confidant shirt holster every time I wear a suit, works great, even with the jacket off you can't tell I'm carrying. The tip I was given for quicker access was to leave one button undone under your tie , it works pretty well for quick retrieval. I wear a suit every Sunday , and the Confidant holster has been great. Here's a linkKramer Handgun Leather: Revolver holsters, concealment holsters, paddle holster, 1911 holster, ankle holster

VIP Member
    I've got one of these from Pro-Active Gear. Its a cheaper way out on a shoulder holster and if you're like me, I don't wear one much. I wear it to funerals etc. The gun is under my arm pit and I put my sunglasses in my top pocket so if someone hugs me they'll feel the sunglasses. I have a Smartcarry but prefer the shoulder houlster. It's actually quite comfy as long as you wear a tsgirt under it.. good luck

#234 DeepConcealment Shoulder Holsters
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; February 10th, 2008 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Added clickable link.

i use a miami classic shoulder holster.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckycarry View Post
    I've got one of these from Pro-Active Gear. Its a cheaper way out on a shoulder holster and if you're like me, I don't wear one much. I wear it to funerals etc. The gun is under my arm pit and I put my sunglasses in my top pocket so if someone hugs me they'll feel the sunglasses. I have a Smartcarry but prefer the shoulder houlster. It's actually quite comfy as long as you wear a tsgirt under it.. good luck

#234 DeepConcealment Shoulder Holsters
    Thank you for fixing that link.

UnderCover Comfort holster shirt is the best of the bunch IMO.

Or, a tuckable IWB.

Either way, you can take off your suit jacket if and when you want to.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    IWB tuckable, Galco makes several models.

I carry a glock 27 in a crossbread supertuck while wearing a suit...works well...no one has noticed...that says a lot because I am the pastor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links