Defensive Carry banner

Finally ordered a Crossbreed

3K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  FlyboyLDB 
#1 ·
After doing lots of reading and shopping around, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a SuperTuck for my fullsize 1911. I've read so many great things about them and am now just trying to calm myself down until it gets here!! :smile:

The website said it usually takes 2-3 weeks for delivery, is this pretty much what I can expect? I'm trying to not get too anxious, but I'm hoping this is the holster I can hold onto for a while.

#2 ·
The website said it usually takes 2-3 weeks for delivery, is this pretty much what I can expect? I'm trying to not get too anxious, but I'm hoping this is the holster I can hold onto for a while.
At most. They're pretty quick. It's not the prettiest holster out there, but I sure like mine!

#4 ·
He had mine to me in just under two weeks. It's a good product, very comfortable and the craftsmanship is excellent, though as everyone points out, it's not suitable for holster beauty pageants.

#5 ·
Yep you will like it. It's my daily carry holster.

#6 ·
I think it's pretty obvious I'm excited about it.

Thanks for the idea on delivery, this is gonna be a hard few weeks!

I actually kinda like the look of it, I had a High Noon tuckable IWB holster for another gun I used to own and while it did exactly what it was supposed to, I looked like I had a tumor growing out of my hip, so the overall size is one of the big reasons I went with the SuperTuck. I'm 6'3" and pretty slim so stuff on my waist kinda stands out, hopefully this will help with blending things in.

#8 · (Edited)
I ordered my CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe on Jan 28th 08. Although I know it won't be here for a couple weeks, I find myself wandering by the front door daily looking for a package. My oldest son thought he would be funny and ring the doorbell to see his oldman run to answer it thinking it was the UPS guy. He knows I ordered a new holster. He found out real quick who was laughing last when I chased him down and put him in a double chicken wing. :aargh4::buttkick:

#9 ·
When I ordered mine, the site was saying 1 - 2 weeks. Order date was Tuesday of the week before Christmas. A very late mail delivery brought me my new Crossbreed on Christmas Eve, exactly one week later. Mark is da man! And his holsters are da holsters! :yup: I've got no criticism to offer for the Super-Tuck, nor for the craftsmanship and attention to their customers' needs that Crossbreed strictly adheres to. A great holster, a great company with great service. What else is there to say?

Blues

#10 ·
Just ordered mine last night with all the bells and whistles (V-clips, J-hooks and the combat cutaway). I'm a patient lad, though, and these 2-3 weeks will fly by.

Next up, a couple of nice sturdy gun belts. Got my eye on a couple from "The Belt Man".

#11 ·
I put the slice and dice on mine and now love it. I wore it yesterday and it will be worn tom. Hides my thick H&K as well as can be asked. I need to order an extra set of clips.

#13 · (Edited)
Here is a post of mine from many months ago. It may save someone some wait time.

Just an FYI - I called Crossbreed holsters to order mine this week - they were running approx 4 weeks out for build time. He gave me a contact of James at Kelly's Police & Tactical - 417-831-3106 - one of their Dealers that stocks the most common Crossbreed holsters. It was the same price so I ordered it on a Monday & had it on my hip Wednesday.

#14 ·
My new CrossBread Super Tuck

My CrossBreed Supertuck Deluxe arrived today! I ordered it on Jan. 27th and 9 business days later its here on Feb 7th (very fast). It looks as if it will meet my needs perfectly. Thanks Mark, another satisfied customer.

XD40 service:

#15 ·
That's great! I ordered mine the day after you did so hopefully that means mine will be on it's way soon or close to it! I got it for a full size 1911 so I'm pretty sure it's not exactly the hardest one to make, if he didn't already have some waiting. Anyway, I'll update as soon as I receive it!

#16 ·
Thanks Guys,

I would like to point out the clips on CaptOFD's SuperTuck.

(Thanks for the pic)

This is our final revision to our "standard" clips, they work just as easy and hold just as well as the SnapLoks but are far less conspicuous.

All SuperTucks are now shipping with these clips.

These will be available for retro fit to older SuperTucks next week.

(No, they will not be very expensive, NO they will not be free.)

thanks

Mark

#21 ·
Ordered mine 5 weeks ago and had it in 2 weeks. I have been wearing it daily since. Can I say... Great Holster! Very comfortable for daily wear.

BTW, what IS the deal with the "ugly holster" comments. These are worn IWB so, really, WHO will be seeing it? The whole idea is comfort, NOT looks, right?

#22 ·
Well my Crossbreed arrived today, looks great, worth every penny! I actually called Mark earlier today and left him a message wondering if he could give me an update on how things were going. Little later, I checked the mail and there she was! Mark called me back later as I was wearing it, and I told him it had arrived. So far I'm wearing it and trying to break it in and get a good fit to my body. I got it for a full size 1911, but I'm definitely going to have to get a compact soon, the longer barrel/dust cover and grip make a bit harder to conceal, but at least I've got a good holster to work with now!

So thanks Mark! Great product!!

#25 ·
I got the Crossbreed QuikClip holster for my Glock 26, rather than the Super-Tuck.

My only complaint is, it tends to slide on my belt a bit - probably due to the single attachment point rather than the two attachment points which are on the Super-Tuck. I got it for it's easier on/off feature. But with the new clips, there is likely not much difference in time and convenience of mounting.

Nevertheless, it is quite comfortable to wear and I like it. It is what I wear exclusively when carrying my Glock. As others have said, it won't win a beauty contest, but it is rugged and functional which is what I want and it hides well. Even my wife was suprised I was wearing it when she happened to put her hand around my waist.

Turnaround was about 3 weeks. Good job, Mark!

#26 ·
I just ordered my second supertuck yesterday. My first ccw was a 1911 which was too heavy & pointy, but concealed great in the supertuck. Just got a S&W M&P40c. I also ordered a belt from Crossbreed with the velcro option. I think this is going to be an outstanding setup for comfort and concealability. I will post pics when all the pieces are in place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.