Anyone use a Galco Matrix holster?

This is a discussion on Anyone use a Galco Matrix holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered a Galco Matrix OWB holster with snap loops to carry a HK P2000sk. For the low price I thought I couldn't lose ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use a Galco Matrix holster?

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar

I just ordered a Galco Matrix OWB holster with snap loops to carry a HK P2000sk. For the low price I thought I couldn't lose too much in experimenting. I currently use a Galco Concealable (that I like alot), but I'm looking for something easier to put on and get off. Has anyone used one of these? What is your feed back? Thanks.
    Last edited by ripley16; February 6th, 2008 at 08:52 AM.

I use one to carry my xd45 compact and I love it. It's the best holster I have found so far and you cant beat the price i'm sure you won't be dissapointed.
    Tom

I have one and used it a few times. I don't know how long the Matrix would last, how many cycles of on/off, but it is cheap enough and held the gun close. I'd pick it over the other "cheap" holsters I've seen. I tried it more as an experiment. Seemeds like a good deal for the money, but as a belt slide, it was letting the rivet on my jeans scratch up my 1911s so I had to go to something else, a Comp-Tac paddle.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

your talking about this one correct?? cause i've been thinking about getting one too.i asked same question about it at different gun forum and haven't gotten any replys yet

guess i should of asked here...thanks for doing it for me.(didn't mean to hi-jack)

BTW-to those that use it,how does it ride..? high and tight?
    S&W-SW40VE
    molon labe
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" --Sigmund Freud

your talking about this one correct??
    Yes, that's it. The M7X Matrix. I should have said from the start...sorry.
    Last edited by ripley16; February 6th, 2008 at 02:32 PM.

I didn't like mine as much as a blackhawk CQC holster I already had, so I traded it.

I had also ordered the shoulder-rig (matrix) at the same time, and I kept the holster from that set-up to use cross-draw for long road trips. The shoulder rig itself is useless for all but the largest individuals (I'd say at least 300lbs), unless you want to trim and sew the six feet of straps down to a usable length.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Senior Moderator
    I have Blade-Tech, Blackhawk, Fobus Revolution, and the Matrix holsters. I carry my Sig 226 in one and Sig 229 in another. I like the Matrix the best by far.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

these good replys have helped me decide to go ahead and get one.it'll be replaceing the uncle mikes paddle holster,uncle mikes sidekick holster i have now.i may keep the bianchi IWB holster i have for times that i want/need to be more discreet..
    S&W-SW40VE
    molon labe
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" --Sigmund Freud

I have one for my XD .40, it works good under a t-shirt or a untucked polo I wear mine at the 3:00 position. It sometimes gets uncomfortable if I wear it for a long period of time., but for the most part its a good holster.
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    I have one for my XD .40, it works good under a t-shirt or a untucked polo I wear mine at the 3:00 position. It sometimes gets uncomfortable if I wear it for a long period of time., but for the most part its a good holster.

Uncomfortable in what way?

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Uncomfortable in what way?
    The way it presses up against my hip, but thats only if I wear it for more than 12 hours or so. I wear it in the 3:00 position when it starts to get uncomfortable I move it back to the 3:30-4:00 position. then its good to go. I think its because of how its made. Don't get me wrong its a good holster.
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

well i went and ordered one today.when it comes in an after giving it a try and see if it's better then my paddle.

(which when it has the gun holstered,it pulls down on the waist band of my pants and makes me feel like they're gonna come down or i need a better belt...)

guess there wasn't a need to post about me ordering one...
    S&W-SW40VE
    molon labe

Quote Originally Posted by berettaguy View Post
    well i went and ordered one today.when it comes in an after giving it a try and see if it's better then my paddle.

(which when it has the gun holstered,it pulls down on the waist band of my pants and makes me feel like they're gonna come down or i need a better belt...)

guess there wasn't a need to post about me ordering one...

well it came in today and acting like a little kid on christmas...i tore the box open even before i got inside my apt(meet the ups guy outside)all i have to say is..
    complete difference.holds my beretta high and tight to my side.not to mention me getting in/out of my car.(no more slowly sitting down and guiding the holster to a comfy spot.even with empty holster)

next thing is better belt,old one is sagging and stretching holes
    Last edited by berettaguy; February 18th, 2008 at 03:43 PM. Reason: added pics
    S&W-SW40VE
    molon labe

I hope its good,I ordered one about 3 days ago,I'll find out when it gets here.Its for a glock 19. sj

I've heard a bunch of good reviews from different forums, so I decided to purchase one today along with a Galco belt (wide COP). Now, just have to wait till they get here. I can't wait!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links