1911 mag carrier for rear pocket

This is a discussion on 1911 mag carrier for rear pocket within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've seen several threads regarding 1911 mag carriers, but I don't recall one that covers what I seek. Currently I carry a loose mag in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1911 mag carrier for rear pocket

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar

1911 mag carrier for rear pocket

I've seen several threads regarding 1911 mag carriers, but I don't recall one that covers what I seek.

Currently I carry a loose mag in my left back pocket. Due to the size of my pocket, it does *okay* tagging along back there.

I'm hunting something that would hold the mag vertically against the outside seam of my pocket. Likely it would have a "base" roughly as wide as the pocket. It could be of leather, nylon, Kydex, or any other employable material. A plus would be the capacity to hold a second mag parallel to the first one, but towards the middle of the pocket.

Any suggestions? Gracias in advance.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Robert Mika made me a rear pocket holster for 1911 mags a couple years ago and I've carried it every day since then. Works great.

Joe

JD
    Administrator
    Rocky makes (made) some out of kydex.

+1 for Rocky's carrier. Carry one every day!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I have one from A Better Holster It is a magazine wallet that allows me to carry two, single-stack magazines in an upright position in my back pocket. It is designed to give the appearance of a regular wallet. It is stiff enough to keep the mags in good shape, it has suede on the outside so it grips the pocket well and the stiff but somewhat flexible foam backing makes no printing possible. I like it and carry it every day.
    Kimber Pro CDP II

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Rocky makes (made) some out of kydex.
    Any chance you can link me?
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I've got a velcro (sorry, hook-n-loop) closure Gerber knife case. It can be worn on a belt or stuffed in a pocket. It costs less than most mag carriers because it's not labeled for such - it's for a folding knife! $9.95 buys one of these: Sheath, Pouch Tool, Knife Sheath, Leather Sheath, Knife Leather Sheath
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    Agave, if you don't find what you want I would be happy to fix you up with a custom pocket mag holder.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Lead Moderator
    Agave, I would post a pic, but am running on my backup computer. All my stored pics are stuck on my other computer. If you are intrested in a carrier, I am asking $15 shipped. I build them out of kydex, in basic black or OD green.
    here is a link to the carrier.
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43...etmagpouch.jpg
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

A note on Rocky's set up. When I carry mine it's in the same pocket as my wallet. The tab rides between wallet and body and the mag beside the wallet. No printing at all and very comfortable. Draws easy as well. I use mine with both Wilson and SA mags.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I can make you a custom Rough Pouch for your pocket mag carry. You send me a tracing of your pocket and where you want the mag to sit and that is what I make.

Here is a pic of a front pocket carry for a P3AT mag but could do a normal 1911 mag. I'm making two custom carriers for back pocket carry for a customer for a knife and a mag. Cost is $20 shipped. So give it a look in my Pocket Holster section.

MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    so does it hurt sitting on your mag all day long??
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

I use a DeSantis Mag-packer for pocket-carrying a 1911 mag. It works very well, made of the same material as the Nemesis holster.

Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by rangerman2003 View Post
    Not with the rig from Rocky because it rides alongside my wallet. You never really feel it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerman2003 View Post
    Even though I haven't been allowed to carry off of the farm until very recently, I've been carrying the mag loose in my pocket most of the time. I've never had issue with it becoming uncomfortable or painful, regardless of the surface.

Edit: I'm going to get one of Rocky's carriers, but the wallet will not hamper nor assist the way I carry the mag. I made an attempt over the span of several weeks to carry my wallet in my left pocket. It remained aggravating and many, many times I had the sinking feeling that I had lost it because I was accustomed to its being on the right.

Now that I do plan to carry at 3:00 most of the time, I may end up reconsidering an attempt to get used to the wallet a la izquierda. But I have my doubts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links