What a difference a belt makes

This is a discussion on What a difference a belt makes within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got my Beltman belt yesterday. Wore it all day today. Whoa. The comfort level was substantially better. Sitting is my only issue now. Here are ...

Thread: What a difference a belt makes

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

What a difference a belt makes

Got my Beltman belt yesterday. Wore it all day today. Whoa. The comfort level was substantially better. Sitting is my only issue now.

Here are some pictures with my new belt. I am wearing my MTAC holster holding a Glock 27. One of my issues was the "bulge" that the holster produced. Not an issue with this belt.

One of the reasons I have not worn my MaxCon V much is that the loop printed quite a bit. I am going to see how it looks with the new belt. I suspect that the comfort level will be even better, but I that needs to be tested.

Stand by to stand by.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ExactlyMyPoint; February 11th, 2008 at 10:26 AM.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

The belt is equally or more important then the holster. It make you much more confident and comfortable carrying your guns.

Enjoy your new belt.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Agreed 100%. A sturdy belt is one of the four elements to get as a package for CCW. It's crazy to spend $500-$800 on a good carry weapon and not want to invest another $60 on a good belt or buy a cheap $35 holster.
    I just bought this belt and noticed a big difference over the one I had. Lifetime Belt

A good quality belt is an amazing thing.

By the way no pictures showed up.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

So does the beltman belt give better support than the wilderness belt(5 stich)? more comfortable?
    Last edited by gen3monte; February 11th, 2008 at 02:31 PM.
    NRA Life Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry stainless .45
    HK45C .45

Senior Moderator
    I have found that a good belt makes a medicore holster much better and the best holster will not fit nor function properly on a bad belt.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I have a Galco "Cop" belt that I wear everyday, holster or not. I also have a Wilderness 5 stich. They both work well. I will be getting a horsehide beltman belt soon. A belt is a good investment since it will last many years. I will never use a cheap belt again.
    -Biker

I've got a Wilderness belt - not the reinforced kind - and its adequate if all I have on my belt is my 442. Anything more and I don't think I'd like it. Then again, my Wilderness belt is 1.5", and my Beltman is 1.75". Just my $0.02

Austin

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I have a Wilderness with the CSM insert. I also have a Beltman double-width bull hide. They are both very good for holding up a holster. I use the Wilderness for competition, but the Beltman is noticeably better at supporting an IWB. It is quite a bit stiffer. I just ordered a new Beltman with the velcro and a set of V-clips for my MTAC. I expect that to be a very nice combination...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    I have a Wilderness with the CSM insert. I also have a Beltman double-width bull hide. They are both very good for holding up a holster. I use the Wilderness for competition, but the Beltman is noticeably better at supporting an IWB. It is quite a bit stiffer. I just ordered a new Beltman with the velcro and a set of V-clips for my MTAC. I expect that to be a very nice combination...
    I agree! I have Wilderness 1.5 inch 5-stitch and a 1.25 inch Beltman Bullhide. The Beltman is stiffer even though it is narrower and it doesn't have the internal stiffener! If I could just get the damn thing to stop squeaking around the buckle area!!

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raffysoriano View Post
    I agree! I have Wilderness 1.5 inch 5-stitch and a 1.25 inch Beltman Bullhide. The Beltman is stiffer even though it is narrower and it doesn't have the internal stiffener! If I could just get the damn thing to stop squeaking around the buckle area!!
    No squeaking on mine. I have the 1.5", but I have no idea if that makes a difference...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Links