Tail on Maxcon V

Tail on Maxcon V

This is a discussion on Tail on Maxcon V within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I received my Maxcon V today. I didn't bother taking pics because we have all seen a G23 in a Maxcon V. It is very ...

Thread: Tail on Maxcon V

Tail on Maxcon V

I received my Maxcon V today. I didn't bother taking pics because we have all seen a G23 in a Maxcon V. It is very comfy. The break in was a snap. I used the two peices of wax paper for about 8 hours and it worked fine.

My question is, will the tail on the holster that prevents it from flopping out break in? Right now I am wearing it with jeans and when I bend the tail pushes out and is fairly visible through the jeans. Like I said it is VERY comfortable, I was just wondering if that peice will break in and not stick out as much.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

My Maxcon broke in VERY fast. I mean within a couple of days it had conformed to my body perfectly. I was wondering about that too but no need... it takes care of itself. Most comfortable IWB I've ever had by far. I know you're going to enjoy it as well!
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

I too love my MaxCon. The tail will stay stiff but will mold better to your butt and not protrude as much. The tail is key to some of the performance and comfort of this holster. I have had other IWB that did not have the tail and they never felt as "secure" and "in place" not did they spread the weight out as well.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

My 4" MaxCon's tail softened up pretty quickly. I just wish Gary included one on his 5" 1911 holsters! They really add to the comfort.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

The tail on mine conformed to my body after about a week of carrying it. Don't worry, you'll get there in no time!

That is reassuring. Thanks for the replys, everyone. Hey Freetrapper, thanks for posting a pic of my set up in your avatar. Actually mine is a 2nd generation Glock 23.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Sponsored Links