Defensive Carry banner

Aside from a Smartcarry

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  buzzg 
#1 ·
What sort of holster might be used to carry a 4" Speed-Six... preferably IWB?

Size doesn't seem to be a problem, I'm 6'4", 270#... the gun hides well enough and I'll be putting some thinner grips on to help... but all the manufacturer websites are set up for people carrying more "modern" weapons.

#4 ·
Also - could be worth contacting K-Man in case he can come up with a custom solution... http://www.kdholsters.com is the site - it may not tell you enough regarding specials, which of course often need discussed, tho it will give some useful ideas perhaps. Could be one of the Defender series could help.

Leaving aside my own dislike for IWB's - with your build and assuming an adequate cover garment then I'd imagine a nice snug fitting OWB belt slide would fit the bill nicely.

#7 ·
I responded too quickly last night.

The Ruger Speed Six is a twin with the Ruger Security Six: the only difference is the butt. So, any hostler made for the Security Six will fit the Speed Six like a golve.

If you go to Kramer, and quite possibly other vendors as well, and search for holsters based upon the model of gun (an option box on the right of on some Kramer screens), you will see that they have LOTS of different types of holsters for your gun. Pick "Ruger" first, and then "Security Six".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.