Wild Bill's Concealment Holsters

This is a discussion on Wild Bill's Concealment Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered a holster from the almost 6 months ago, and I tried calling and sending e-mails. I don't get any responses. I understand custom ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wild Bill's Concealment Holsters

I ordered a holster from the almost 6 months ago, and I tried calling and sending e-mails. I don't get any responses. I understand custom orders can take a while, but don't keep your customers in the dark! Word of mouth goes a long way, Good & Bad!

Anyone ever done business with Wild Bill?
    Train how you Fight
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast!
    "Anything you do can get you killed, including nothing." Murphy's Combat Law

Question Wild Bill

Quote Originally Posted by 1man
    Anyone ever done business with Wild Bill?
    My best friend, a retired Special Forces Lieutenant Colonel, SWEARS BY (not at) them! I personally think that my holster guy, Sam Andrews out of Alachua Florida is better. http://www.andrewsleather.com/ I've known Sam for many years and have about five of his holster, four of which were custom made for me with my initials stamped or branded into the leather. They are not cheap, but you won't find better quality anywhere.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Thanks ExSoldier762!
    I have Sam making 2 MacDaniel2's IWB as we speak! What I have Wild Bill making for me, Andrews Leather did not and will not offer(had too many issues during the testing/reasearch phase).

I have another project for Sam once I get my MacD2's back!
    Train how you Fight

Assistant Administrator
    1man - IMO 6 months is inexcusable, particularly failing to respond to your emails etc.

I also know, and appreciate, custom stuff can take time but - no matter how good the final product, cust' relations do matter and being left out in the cold does seem very poor practice, even I'd say too if a guy actually said ''it'll take 6 months'' - still a quick line of acknowledgement is not a lot to ask.

I personally probably would make that my last order and - pity too - not be referring any new customers either.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    I personally probably would make that my last order and - pity too - not be referring any new customers either.

P95Carry, Your round hit directly on the X!
    This will be the last time I do business with Wild Bill! I understand s*** happens, but waitng customers will only wait so long. If they were experiencing problems in their infrastructure, they could at least try to find the time to inform their customer base of the delays.
    Train how you Fight

Never Dealt with them . But no contact emails phone etc etc and its been 6 months if you were charged id be calling the CC company to dispute the charge.

I've learned that the "customer service" is as critical, if not more some days, as providing a quality product. Customers generally have a lot of patience and understanding. But a company who cannot provide a product, either in the form it's been ordered or on time, is a company I personally would stay away from. Sometimes you find some shops do the opposite of what Wild Bill's appears to be doing here, in that they offer up a whole littany of excuses as to why the holster/product is not to you yet. In either case, it sets a bad example and most often leaves a bad taste in people's mouths.

I personally know Sam Andrews and talk with him often at the gun shows. He makes a dang fine holster and treats his customers with a high degree of respect. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with what you get from him.

DC Founder
    If they don't have a phone number available to actually call them and talk to them directly, I would not order from them. I want to know, before I turn my money over to someone that they will respond to me. I had an "Internet only" company actually teach me that lesson and I finally got them to respond by spamming them with the same email demanding resolution of the problem every day for about a week. Each one referenced the others. They finally responded and resolved the problem.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    If they don't have a phone number available to actually call them and talk to them directly, I would not order from them. I want to know, before I turn my money over to someone that they will respond to me. I had an "Internet only" company actually teach me that lesson and I finally got them to respond by spamming them with the same email demanding resolution of the problem every day for about a week. Each one referenced the others. They finally responded and resolved the problem.....
    I once had a vendor misplace a couple of decimal places when I ordered some micro switches. Instead of 30 $10 switches, they shipped me 3000 of the things. My $300 order turned into a $30,000.00 order! YIKES! My boss was all worked up when I came in the next morning. Fortunately I never throw anything away, and had the original invoice tucked away. (ok, so it was in a pile on my desk) Unfortunately I wasn't there when the freight truck arrived to deliver them or else they would never have been signed for.
    I got on the phone with Newark who promised to get things straightened out right away. 24 hours later we were still climbing over a pallet of micro switches. LOL! I called them again... nothing.
    Four days into it, I decided to play dirty.

I wrote detailed account of the whole sorry mess, included names, dates and times, and begged for help. I then went onto their website and began emailing every single person listed on their website. Within the hour, I got a phone call from someone claiming to be the VP of their company. LOL! Before I went home that day I had an RMA number, a faxed form stating that our account had been credited the $30,000.00 back and their UPS shipping account number. Of course I couldn't resist "accidentally" sending them to the Louisville office instead of their main hub.

Ok, I know it isn't a Gun related item, but when someone refuses to fix a mistake on their part, I find it helpful to pester them and everyone related to their company until someone fixes it, if only just to stop you from calling them.

Assistant Administrator
    I find it helpful to pester them and everyone related to their company until someone fixes it, if only just to stop you from calling them.
    That Bryan is known as being a ''professional PITA'' LOL!

One thing I do know these days - and companies with poor cust' relations had better know it - the internet is amazingly powerful, in particular at distributing bad news !
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    My Wild Bills No Such Agency is my most comfortable holster, (I have a bunch) but it took forever. I can't believe he hasn't straightened his act out. The only worse was Derry Gallegher who still owes me 125 bucks.

I got the box that I sent back to Wild Bills with the holster they screwed up returned to me a couple of days ago with an "unclaimed" label on it(because I had a certified mail receipt attached to it so they would have to sign for it).

If I didn't call the to inform them that they messed up, I would have gotten a signature from who ever picks up the mail for their company.
    I'm waiting for the Credit Card Claim Dispute case worker to call me back so I let them know that Wild Bills keeps digging the "Shady/Unprofessional Businessmen" Hole deeper!!!!!!
    I know Wild Bills will have the chance to tell there side of the transaction, but dates and receipts of/on postage don't lie!
    I'll be extremely pissed if the credit card company goes in Wild Bill's favor.
    Wild Bills is Extremely Unprofessional!!!!!!
    Train how you Fight

Cant Believe they didnt bother to claim it sounds liek there having soem problems and might not be around much longer

New Member Array Taipei Personality's Avatar
    I bought one Wild Bill holster and didn't care for it. I live in the same town as he does and see him selling at gun shows, so this thread caught my eye. His non-email contact info is:

PO Box 1941
    Garner, NC 27529-1941
    (919) 779-9582

Good luck getting this resolved. I have heard many complaints about his non-responsiveness and slowness.
    Armaque in armatos sumere iura sinunt

Exclamation Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Taipei Personality
    I bought one Wild Bill holster and didn't care for it.
    Welcome to the forum! Love your avatar! My pups are Newfoundlands and are direct cousins to the Saint Bernard. We're crazy about those dogs.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links