Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster

This is a discussion on Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone use this type of holster Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster ? I normaly carry IWB with a supertuck. At times I need to have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster

Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster

Does anyone use this type of holster
    Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster ?

I normaly carry IWB with a supertuck. At times I need to have deep cocealment or I need to wear dress pants with my shirt tucked in. I was thinking of a smart carry but I don't think i would like it riding low on my, and Im not itto the baggy clothing look anyways. Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Ads

i've used a inside the pants holster at time's on my strong side.hope this helps you.

Sorry I forgot the link. Carrying IWB is no problem with my super tuck, but I am thinking about this one for when I dress up for my job. Seems like it would hold it tight under my arm. Obviously it would slow my draw since I would have to rip/ unbutton my shirt, but witht the smart carry I would have that as well. Anyways thanks for anyone else that can help. I would imagine someone out there uses this!

MadDog, I'm curious what type/size firearm you are considering carrying with that holster. It seems that holster is much better than the shirt-holsters for stability and day-after-day use (the shirts would need more frequent washing).

I am currently considering this same holster, to carry a Kel-tec PF-9. It seems like the most cost-effective and comfortable shoulder-carry solution. Can anyone suggest some alternative brands/styles that are very similar to this one (i.e. chest band)?

I carry a Springfield XD 4'' Compact (45ACP) I went ahead and ordered the holster and will let you know how it is. I agree it is better than the T shirt, as one would have to wash it often. It says it fits most mid size firearms plus two mags.

I was hoping others could shed some light on this product. I think it's unique due to the gun "verticle" under your arm to hide it.

I have carried my Glock 23 in a similar holster, and it works well. If you are wearing a tie, you can leave a button undone, and access is very quick; replacement isn't, but that doesn't count. Some folks who use this system often have a button sewn into the button hole, and velcro the shirt together.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

I think that this is a pretty neat trick. It would be a little trouble to get to, but in many situations, it would be very handy. If you try this rig, please let us know what you think.
    Dieu et les Dames

Try Ken Null Holsters. He has been around since dirt and I have used one of his shoulder holsters for about 25 years when I have to dress up. They work perfectly under a button up shirt.
    K.L. Null Holsters Home Page

Consider the UnderCoverComfort shirt.

Thread below includes a video from a federal LEO who uses this and shows how much gear you can carry. (The video is in post 9)

I use this shirt. It works very well. The nature of the material means that it does not have to be washed all the time, even in FL in the summer.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...o-finally.html
    Last edited by miklcolt45; February 18th, 2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: clarification
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Thanks for the input. I ended up ordering it and will post how well it is with my setup. anyone else ever try this rig? Like the idea about how to have quicker access. The Tshirt isn't a bad idea, but I would rather have a smaller rig, that would have to be washed everytime i wanted to wear it, plus I want to wear a white t shirt underneath just incase I sweat alot.

BJC

Hey - that's my holster!

Well, one of them. I use that exact holster when I dress up for my job. It works well and keeps the gun secure. You might need to adjust the straps a little until it is comfortable for you. One note of caution, tight dress shirts don't work too well and thin white shirts can show a shadow sometimes. By the way, I use mine to carry a XD-40sc and it works just fine. Hope this helps.

I have that exact holster,also another one called the kangaroo holster which is easier to put on.I have carried everything from a p11,pm9 to a glock 19 in them,it works very well.I tend to wear jeans and western style snap button shirts.I generaly leave the top 2 snaps undone then open the shirt where the 3rd snap is with my left hand and grab the gun with my right and it is out.I can do this very fast.It is a very secure way of carrying and undetectable.I have carried that way all day long and it is comfortable plus it is very easy to use while driving.They are the best way that I've found so far.sj

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    That looks like just the ticket for my carry needs at times. I just bought one myself. Seems like a great deal @ $35.

I wear my Kangaroo holster every Sunday. It carries my SA xd40sc or my 3" sp101 very well. The wife has velcro'd a button hole on a couple of Sunday shirts for me and left the button on so there is easy access.

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    I have that exact holster,also another one called the kangaroo holster which is easier to put on.
    Does either one hold the gun further back than the other, or do they position the gun about the same?

Does the kangaroo holster have mag pouches? I googled it but didn't see any mention of mag pouches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links