Defensive Carry banner

First Paying Bluegrass Holster Customer

17K views 130 replies 53 participants last post by  Juggernaut 
#1 ·
I'm honored to be the first official customer of Bluegrass Holsters. Got a beautiful little unit for my girlfriend's new S&W 642LG. Fits like a glove, I'll be wearing it around for a while to work it in. Sure feels funny without my 1911 on my right side!

Service was great. Just received a call from Brock to see how I liked his work. I'll do a review later when I've had some experience with it.
Tracy

(recently revised Bluegrass Holsters list added by QKShooter as his web site is still not operational)

Here is my current firearm listing from which to make holsters:
We will be offering holsters for the following firearms:

S&W

J-frame 2" (older)
J-frame 2” (newer)
K-frame 4"
N-frame 4"
Model 620
Model 60-3
Model 29
M&P 40/.357 4.25"
M&P 40/.357 Compact
M&P 45

Glock

17/22/31
19/23/32
26/27/33
21SF/21

SigArms/Sig Sauer

220 Standard, non-rail
220 Carry with rail
226 standard, non-rail

H&K

USP 9
HK USP 9mm compact
HK USP 45
HK P2000

Springfield Armory

XD 40/9mm SC
XD40/9mm Service
Springfield XD 40 Tactical
XD45 Service
XD45 Tactical (NEW)
Springfield 1911-A1 (cocked and locked)
Springfield 1911 Micro-compact
Springfield Operator 1911 (cocked and locked)

Bersa

Walther

P99

Kahr

P45
PM9

Keltec

P3AT
PF9

Beretta

Beretta 92D
Beretta 92F

Ruger

GP100
SP101
SR9

Colt

Detective Special

Taurus

Judge .45/.410

Generic

1911 Govt
1911 Commander/Officer

I will be posting this list in my sponsor section, too.

thanks for the comments folks.

See less See more
#34 ·
Brock,

I noticed several folks are talking about the GP-100. I have one, but it is the 3" barrel with the short shroud. I would like to have one of the IWB's with the split loops and the FBI cant forward, right hand. I would think that if you dont have a form for the 3" half shroud in Ruger a 3" K frame might work. Here is the gun, a custom built for me by Gemini Customs. If you think you can do this let me know and I will get a Money Order in the mail to you.

tex45acp

#40 ·
Well, the exact location is a secret....not even the military knows! :wink: On the other hand I know where Louisville is and occassionally can be found driving around there.....:image035:

As for the loops, the answer would be yes...a fore and aft loop set up that will be interchangeable so that you can change loop colors to match a particular belt...or at least try to match a particular belt. I do not reinforce the mouth of the holster since the technique that I use allows the mouth to remain open for re-holstering. This also serves to keep the profile thinner.

take care

#48 ·
Az Husker
"This is, without a doubt, my new favorite J Frame OWB, and I am considering getting one before the lead time is a year plus, but..."

It doesn't look like it rides very tight against the body right out of the box.
Is that forward belt slot going to flatten out or am I seeing it wrong?

#50 ·
This is, without a doubt, my new favorite J Frame OWB, and I am considering getting one before the lead time is a year plus, but...It doesn't look like it rides very tight against the body right out of the box. Is that forward belt slot going to flatten out or am I seeing it wrong?
Just a word from the maker here....prejudiced as I am :wave:...the holster will mold to your body as you wear it. The leading edge is designed to allow a variance based on where you wear your holster (3:00, 4:00, etc) If you wear in the neighborhood of 3:30 or 4:00 on some guys this means a bit more of an angle at the leading edge, thus the added length accommodates this and still allows the gun to sit close to the body.

Hopefully I have not confused any one with the explanation.

#49 ·
That was it's maiden voyage on my belt. It's already forming to my body. I noticed that too, but when you look at the long forward flap, you'll see it has plenty of room to hunker down.

#51 ·
OK. No need to "Quote" the holster photos again because that is redundant. Members can just go back to page one and view the original photos.

OK I am looking at the photo closely and what I see is a somewhat common problem that happens when people do not normally carry OWB buy an OWB rig.

That is the space between belt loops is sometimes not sufficient to allow the holster to be pulled tight against the body.

There is no need to skip belt loops.
Depending on where exactly you want to position the holster...AKA what exact 0'Clock position the wearer will often need to thread the belt in different combinations.

In other words you may need to go through the holster slot first and then through one belt loop (or two belt loops) or whatever and then through the next holster slot.
It all depends upon how the "pants maker" positions the pant belt loops. That varies a lot.
Whatever combination of "through loop & rig slot" allows the holster to be pulled tight against the body.

Often you cannot position the holster between two consecutive pant belt loops because the pant belt loops are too close together and so you need through the second pant loop first and then through the second holster slot.

By altering the order that you thread the belt the belt through pant loops and rig you'll be able to position the holster in the exact body location that you want it and still be able to pull the belt tight.

#53 ·
I know you do AZ. I just decided to post gen info. since we have a ton of new folks buying rigs these days.
I should have said the photo reminded me of a somewhat common OWB positioning problem that need not be a problem.

#55 ·
I'll be taking some better photos this weekend. It was tough trying to do it myself in the mirror. The front tab is forming, it was brand new and stiff in that pic. Not a fair representation. Now to fondle a 1911 piece!
Tracy

#58 ·
New Photos

Another week's wear and the holster is getting very used to my waist. In the following picures, the concerns about the front flap are answered. In the first pic, it still seems to stick out. That is just to compensate for my body shape. The remainder of the pictures prove that it's tucked in very tight and the side shots show the front loop is not exaggerated like the original shots showed. I give this a big thumbs up! My belt looks like hell, time for some leather maintenance!
Tracy

#59 ·
I feel that I need to pile on...Ordered a black OWB for my ProCarry HD on Thursday 2/21/08. Anxiously waiting that and maybe more to come. To be honest, just the look of the wheelie in that excellent holster now puts a SP101 on my list of guns to get...could be I just want a holster for a gun I don't own.

#60 ·
#64 ·
additional photos of OWB 642

Here are a couple photos take with my fantastic wife modeling the holstered 642 at the 2:00 position where she finds it not only more comfortable as a female, but also more concealable on her. You will notice the gun is pulled tight into her abdomen....

I hope this helps...for those waiting on a return email, I will be getting to you later tonight....gotta go work on the holsters already ordered! :bier:

wow...looks like I will have to resize these shortly! DONE

#67 ·
Brock...Ready for the Ruger LCP? They start shipping today!

Finally got my girlfriend out to shoot with her new 642 pictured in the original post. The holster fits her and the J-frame like a glove. With a little practice, she was drawing rapidly and reholstering one-handed. She prefers it a little behind 3:00 for her shape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.