Defensive Carry banner

First Paying Bluegrass Holster Customer

17K views 130 replies 53 participants last post by  Juggernaut 
#1 ·
I'm honored to be the first official customer of Bluegrass Holsters. Got a beautiful little unit for my girlfriend's new S&W 642LG. Fits like a glove, I'll be wearing it around for a while to work it in. Sure feels funny without my 1911 on my right side!

Service was great. Just received a call from Brock to see how I liked his work. I'll do a review later when I've had some experience with it.
Tracy

(recently revised Bluegrass Holsters list added by QKShooter as his web site is still not operational)

Here is my current firearm listing from which to make holsters:
We will be offering holsters for the following firearms:

S&W

J-frame 2" (older)
J-frame 2” (newer)
K-frame 4"
N-frame 4"
Model 620
Model 60-3
Model 29
M&P 40/.357 4.25"
M&P 40/.357 Compact
M&P 45

Glock

17/22/31
19/23/32
26/27/33
21SF/21

SigArms/Sig Sauer

220 Standard, non-rail
220 Carry with rail
226 standard, non-rail

H&K

USP 9
HK USP 9mm compact
HK USP 45
HK P2000

Springfield Armory

XD 40/9mm SC
XD40/9mm Service
Springfield XD 40 Tactical
XD45 Service
XD45 Tactical (NEW)
Springfield 1911-A1 (cocked and locked)
Springfield 1911 Micro-compact
Springfield Operator 1911 (cocked and locked)

Bersa

Walther

P99

Kahr

P45
PM9

Keltec

P3AT
PF9

Beretta

Beretta 92D
Beretta 92F

Ruger

GP100
SP101
SR9

Colt

Detective Special

Taurus

Judge .45/.410

Generic

1911 Govt
1911 Commander/Officer

I will be posting this list in my sponsor section, too.

thanks for the comments folks.

See less See more
#104 ·
I was having some issues with some of my holsters on my 1911's so I ordered one from Brock there at Blugrass..well I got the holster in the mail after waiting only a week for it.

This is very well made! It is stiff and stout and will probably last me a long time. What I was concerned about was retention of the gun. So far it is very good but I wonder after some time of practice draw, if the rentention will loosen up any, only time will tell. You can see that rentention is achieved by the indents inside the trigger guard.

With gun in holster, you can see how the rention really works, I am impressed!

#105 ·
DrLewall;657840]
This is very well made! It is stiff and stout and will probably last me a long time. What I was concerned about was retention of the gun. So far it is very good but I wonder after some time of practice draw, if the rentention will loosen up any, only time will tell. You can see that rentention is achieved by the indents inside the trigger guard.

With gun in holster, you can see how the rention really works, I am impressed!
Hey there Dr....glad you like your holster and thank you for the compliments. You should not have any problems with the holster stretching any more than necessary for the contours of your particular firearm....and BTW, nice looking "old-school" GI 45!

Retention is not achieved on these holsters solely by my trigger guard indentation, but by the overall moulding process which concentrates on the contours of a particular firearm. I also spend time around the ejection ports on autos for this same reason.

There are a few makers who do not do this, but my experience has shown it to be a valuable addition to the holster. Additionally, while there may well be "extra" wear in that area compared to one not so moulded, the benefit to the user is enough to justify it's placement. Once the holster "breaks in" there should not be any additional wear in those areas.

Hopefully this helps...

#108 ·
Brock,

If you can come up with iwb and/or owb for a taurus 605 3", you've got another customer. I would imagine you'd sell a bunch! Good holsters for the 3" bbl are not easy to find unless you don't mind the bbl sticking out below the holster.

Anyway, your work looks great. If you get a mold for this revolver, I want one or two.

Jeff

#109 ·
Congrats on a nice looking product...looks nicely boned!

Stay armed...use a quality holster...stay safe!

#111 ·
We tweaked the design for what I think is the final time. I am not looking to just slap some loops on a holster and call it an IWB, I want it to not only have some good looks, but features to allow some user comfort.

Bottom line, the final design is most likely here and I will let folks know next week about this time and will include photos.

Now, if I could just refrain from taking a bat to my sewing machine! :blink:

#113 ·
Count me in as one of the many excited to see the finished design of your Mason-Dixon. It's obvious from your other examples that you know how to not only design but to make a beautiful holster.

#115 ·
Greetings Brock,

I was looking on your website and noticed that you have holsters for a Kel-tec PF9. I prefer a high riding, FBI forward tilt OWB holster, do you have any plans for a model?

Thanks,
J.S

#118 ·
Any word on new holsters in the product line?

Curious if anyone has gotten there holster yet (since this post began.) I have had one on order and was hoping to see pictures of some of the ones you other guys have received. Guess no one's gotten theirs yet. If you have- please post some reviews and pics.

Tbird

#119 ·
Curious if anyone has gotten there holster yet (since this post began.) I have had one on order and was hoping to see pictures of some of the ones you other guys have received. Guess no one's gotten theirs yet. If you have- please post some reviews and pics.

Tbird
I note that Brock has been conspicuous by his lack of participation lately. Not sure how far behind he is now, or what his lead time is.
I hope he is not ill, but he has not been responsive lately.

Best,
Jerry

#120 ·
Got an uodate today from Bluegrass Holsters . . .

Hi All,

I just wanted to hop in and let you guys know . . .

I got a really good email from Brock today and I'm sure any of you guys with inbound holsters will be getting (or have already gotten) the update on your orders.

Suffice it to say, Brock made some very good decisions about his recent holster line-up and production with the client's interest at heart. The neccessary side effect of this, was a slight delay in the production/shipping schedule.

I, for one, am perfectly happy to allow a little extra time, to ensure a top-notch product.

Cheers Brock and thanks for the update,

Tbird

#121 ·
^
what he said

I know I am very glad to have gotten the emails and a call from Brock. I feel bad now after he told me how much time he spent on my perticular holster only to have issues and to do it again. From what was described to me I could not be happier about the service and can't wait to wear it.

#123 ·
Any word from Brock? My two emails remain unanswered. My fingers are crossed for his sake and mine.
I got an email, and phone call from Brock on the 15th, Tues. He said that he had "trouble with the new conditioner and sealant that was being custom developed for me.....set me back 30 some holsters that I had to start remaking overnight."

He expected to ship my holster by last Thursday, the 17th. However, he must have had additional problems as I have not received shipping notice. I expect it will come next week.

He was not ill, but having the aforementioned problem that caused him to have to do some over as I understood it.

Regards,
Jerry

#124 ·
I received an e-mail stating he would ship by last Tuesday or Wednesday AM at the latest. He must have shipped Friday/Saturday, because I received an automated USPS notice from Brock this weekend. I would expect delivery today and will try and remember to post pics.

#125 ·
My Man . . .Brock . . .boy was it worth the wait . . .

Brock,

This holster is nicer than a BR********* holster by a longshot. I would also say that it cost half as much and didnt include a 2 year wait and alot of false promises. You really pulled through on these holsters and you now have a customer for life. Any chance you can make one of these for a Ruger Alaskan? My brother will want one- no doubt. Sorry for the bad pics-- it came in the mail today and I was in a hurry.

#127 ·
So not fair, I want mine. And I still don't have it. NOT BY THE FAULT OF BLUEGRASS HOLSTERS. I am having issues with USPS, which BTW, Brock discovered for me by accident. I do know that mine is at work waiting for me but I can't try it on until after I get home and out of the uniform:aargh4:

#131 ·
I forgot- in the above picture, I had the loops installed opposite from what Brock recommends. The riser with multiple holes goes in the front.

I took the picture of the inside to show how crisp was the internal molding that it picked up the serrations on the slide, slidelock, and takedown lever. I was also trying to get a picture of how the leather picked up the S&W insignia stamp up near the shirt tab (picture below) and I'm guessing, since you can't see them, the other stamps on the slide, but inside the holster .

Another feature I like is how the end of the holster wraps around the muzzle of the gun. I have some holsters from makers, whom I won't name, who don't wrap the muzzle end on open-end holsters. I like the protection a wrapped open-end gives to the barrel crown.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.