Defensive Carry banner

First Paying Bluegrass Holster Customer

17K views 130 replies 53 participants last post by  Juggernaut 
#1 ·
I'm honored to be the first official customer of Bluegrass Holsters. Got a beautiful little unit for my girlfriend's new S&W 642LG. Fits like a glove, I'll be wearing it around for a while to work it in. Sure feels funny without my 1911 on my right side!

Service was great. Just received a call from Brock to see how I liked his work. I'll do a review later when I've had some experience with it.
Tracy

(recently revised Bluegrass Holsters list added by QKShooter as his web site is still not operational)

Here is my current firearm listing from which to make holsters:
We will be offering holsters for the following firearms:

S&W

J-frame 2" (older)
J-frame 2” (newer)
K-frame 4"
N-frame 4"
Model 620
Model 60-3
Model 29
M&P 40/.357 4.25"
M&P 40/.357 Compact
M&P 45

Glock

17/22/31
19/23/32
26/27/33
21SF/21

SigArms/Sig Sauer

220 Standard, non-rail
220 Carry with rail
226 standard, non-rail

H&K

USP 9
HK USP 9mm compact
HK USP 45
HK P2000

Springfield Armory

XD 40/9mm SC
XD40/9mm Service
Springfield XD 40 Tactical
XD45 Service
XD45 Tactical (NEW)
Springfield 1911-A1 (cocked and locked)
Springfield 1911 Micro-compact
Springfield Operator 1911 (cocked and locked)

Bersa

Walther

P99

Kahr

P45
PM9

Keltec

P3AT
PF9

Beretta

Beretta 92D
Beretta 92F

Ruger

GP100
SP101
SR9

Colt

Detective Special

Taurus

Judge .45/.410

Generic

1911 Govt
1911 Commander/Officer

I will be posting this list in my sponsor section, too.

thanks for the comments folks.

See less See more
#6 ·
thanks for the compliments. I am still having issues coordinating the website and the shopping cart, so for the time being I will take orders on a limited basis by having folks contact me via PM telling me what they are looking for, I will send them a photo if I have one available and we can go from there. Until then I am in a holding pattern with the website and all that is being done there.

Again, thank you for the compliments.

BTW...now is the time to place an order.....very little waiting time! :yup:

#10 ·
Very nice holster, Tracy.:yup:

But please, for the sake of our members who are stuck with a dial-up connection, re-size your pics before you post them.

#15 ·
Brock,

That looks good, but I've got a stupid question. What's the difference (holster-wise) between an old J-frame S&W and a new one?

Now, a not-so-dumb question. What do you charge for an OWB for a S&W?

Thanks,
Herk

#16 ·
Not a dumb question as it had me perplexed...alot! I have a 642 which I carry as a BUG, wanted a holster for it and made my first one with the original mold I purchased from a supplier. I could barely get my gun into the holster let alone draw from it....took me awhile to realize that I should measure each (hey, if I was smarter I would be a brain surgeon!). Seems the mold had a shorter cylinder and a narrower dimension over the backstrap and cylinder. That raised a few additional questions and so I did some more research.

With no solid answer I can only surmise the following....one, the original j-frames were not intended to handle +p pressures, and add to that the fact that there were some reports of bullets walking out of the case during firing (this happened most often in the scandium clan of snubbies from what I gather), and I think S&W redesigned the cylinder to have a little greater support for hot cartridges AND extended the cylinder somewhat to accommodate the potential for "bullet walking" while still preventing the insertion of a .357 into the .38 cylinder.

There....aren't you glad you asked! :yup:

The OWB price for that holster (642 OWB) is $55.00. That is also the price for all OWB's that I make.....IWB's (with dual loops) will be $65.00

Take care and stay safe!

#21 ·
General prices at present...

OWB will be $55.00

IWB with dual loops fore and aft will be $65 (available later this week or early next week)

New holster design....not telling yet! :ziplip:

thanks again for the kind words and the orders which have been coming in this morning....

stay safe

hey, don't think of it as a loss, think of it as how you are helping me to feed the starving kids in third world countries.....or, how you are helping me to finance my retirement in the Caymans. Hmmm, maybe I should start charging more! :image035:

Seriously, thanks for the order.

#23 ·
Great looking holster! I like the minimal design. No excess leather to get in the way and a lower forward cant to tuck in that grip. I bet it conceals very well.

Good job Brock!

#26 ·
Nice looking holster. It's great to have so many choices these days! :congrats:

#27 ·
Hey Brock!
Where in the Bluegrass are you? Always try to keep my $ in the Commonwealth when I can. Be glad to give your holsters a try (unless you're a Univ. of Louisville fan :wink:...then we'll have to negotiate).

Ghost Tracker

#29 ·
Somewhere close to Louisville....and I am a football agnostic. That way I can love them or leave them as their season goes. Essentially, anything SEC is good for me!

+1 on how high it rides for a GP100.

Price is definatly right, product looks great and it is always good to support new business.

My GP100 doesnt have a holster...yet.
The holster is designed to have the cylinder ride along the belt line. Too high and you get the butt rolling outward, and too low you cannot use it for IDPA, plus it increases the hardship of concealing a revolver. That being said, I think this is a good marriage of keeping the gun butt up and tight against the body and attempting to keep the bottom of the holster from riding too low...remember, though, any OWB (short of a high-riding design) is going to require clothing adaptation.

#30 ·
Friends,

One of my pet peeves -- and yours, too, probably -- is an ill-designed holster. A classic booboo is to cut the leather too high over the back of the triggerguard. You can't get a good firing grip while the gun is still in the holster when leather is cut that way. See how low the trigger guard cover is cut? Just secures the trigger. That BlueGrass holster is, in my mind, perfectly cut. Additionally, the leather appears substantial and the boning is well done. This is one of his early holsters and (01) the design is sound, (02) the materials are substantial, and (03) time was obviously taken with the detail work.
Buy his stock, if you can.

Cordially,
Gary

#31 ·
The holster is designed to have the cylinder ride along the belt line. Too high and you get the butt rolling outward, and too low you cannot use it for IDPA, plus it increases the hardship of concealing a revolver. That being said, I think this is a good marriage of keeping the gun butt up and tight against the body and attempting to keep the bottom of the holster from riding too low...remember, though, any OWB (short of a high-riding design) is going to require clothing adaptation.

This sounds like something that I can use. I'll just wait and see if AZ gets his pictures up tonight. I'm pretty sure that we will doing business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.