Deep concealment harness - review with pics

This is a discussion on Deep concealment harness - review with pics within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I started a thread earlier this week about the deep concealment shoulder harness by active pro gear. I needed something to wear that would allow ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I started a thread earlier this week about the deep concealment shoulder harness by active pro gear. I needed something to wear that would allow me to tuck in my shirt move around all day. I considered the smart carry, but didn't like the idea of it hanging low on me.
    I payed 35 dollars for it and it finally arrived so here is my review of it after a day.

Pros
    - Allows you to tuck in shirt
    - Deep concealment
    - Holds handgun tight against body
    - Two mag pouches
    - Universal for other guns
    - Can be used as a belly band
    - Adjustable
    - Fast shipping

Cons
    - Abrasive to skin, I wear it on top of my undershirt. I normally wear a undershirt so it's no big deal to me, but for others could be a issue.
    - Hand wash / spot clean only (can't be lazy and throw it in the machine)

I wore mine all day, it didn't feel heavy with the firearm and mags as the weight felt balanced (even if you just want to carry the gun only) Shoulder straps held everything into place and didn't need to be adjusted through out the day. I took a bit to put it on and adjust it so it would not print, but once you find the spot your good. Obviously my draw is slower compared to IWB. To help the speed of the draw I leave a button undone. worst case scenario I will have to rip my shirt to get to it. Anyways on to the pics!

Lead Moderator
    Nice write up and review. Thanks .
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    Looks like a good option, for deep concealment. The price makes it reasonable enough to try without too much concern.

Good review and pics. Thanks
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Maddog, Good review and pics. Thanks! However, I have a couple of more questions. I am considering getting one - especially for wearing during warmer weather. Is it hot to wear? Does it show through a white dress shirt? - at times I have to wear one. Is it tight or uncomfortable at all after wearing all day? Sorry for so many questions.
    Kimber Pro CDP II

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

Link?

I love this holster (not too much experience with it yet) but it's great when I can't go IWB. I think it is comfortable as long as you use a undershirt. I didn't find it to be "hot" granted it's cold wear I live, but inside with my undershirt, holster, and dress shirt and tie I felt fine. I like feeling the gun tight under my arm, but i could wear it much looser if i want, as the sholder staps can hold it in place instead of the velcro around my chest.

I think for $35 you cant go wrong. If you are going to wear a white dress shirt I would make sure it's a thicker material. The gun is under your arm so it's well hidden if it did show a little bit. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask anymore questions if you would like.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    Link?
    Can be found here:
    Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster

Thanks Maddog! After looking it over, I think it might work for me.
    Kimber Pro CDP II

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

Administrator
    Great! Those photos should really prove helpful to some of our members who need to conceal deeper.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Just got mine in the mail today as well. I'll be giving it a try soon. It looks to be very well made and the shipping was ultra fast. I agree that the downside is that it needs to be hand-washed which may be a problem in warmer climates where you may sweat a lot (like me in FL). Also, I may not always be wearing an undershirt so with the sweat added it may be a little uncomfy. Time will tell and overall for $35 it's a good addition to anyones line-up of carry options. Thanks for your review MadDog. I'll post my findings as well soon.

So it's kinda like a high-riding belly band with suspenders...interesting.
    With the way I sweat in the summer, I'd probably rust out a stainless gun in a month!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

MadDog and others interested in this type of holster. You mention the shirt button thing as slowing you down on the draw. Well....I recall reading a posting on another board years ago where a clever person did a 'treatment' to the top two or three buttons on certain shirts he used with this holster.
    He removed the buttons and then,sewed them back on to the other half of the shirt and on the outside so, the button looks like it is buttoned but, it is really just sewed onto the front of the shirt next to the button hole, if you get the picture. Then, to make the closure for the shirt, he sewed a couple of white [or whatever color] small peices of velcro. So, you wind up with what looks like a regular buttoned shirt but, it opens very easily without damage to the shirt.

Hope my confusing words made sense somehow.

We did the same with our uniform shirts, then added a full zipper.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I just got one of these rigs and like it very much. I usually carry a G30, G27, G23 or Kimber Ultra with one spare mag. I haven't worn it all day but it is comfortable with an undershirt. In summer time I would wear it with a larger Hawaian type shirt to reduce any possible printing. I found another type that I considered;
    Kangaroo Carry Concealed Carry - Deep Conceal

There is another type said comfortable enough to be worn against the skin. It is made with a fabric that is supposed to be use with burn victims.

I have a couple of questions for you on your deep concelment holster. I have a belly band that I tried that felt pretty good right after you put it on but after several hours it felt like a big rubber band squeezing your middle. Does this holster have enough adjustment to prevent this? I read information on a link concerning this holster and it said the gun position could be adjusted in seconds. How is this done? Does this have two shoulder straps? I have tried the kangroo holster and it works very good with the smaller sized guns but would like something for a glock 19 or 17.

Tnanks for your time
    BRS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links