AKJ Concealco IWB holsters

This is a discussion on AKJ Concealco IWB holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anybody have one? For what pistol? Some of you might know I've been searching for the best option for me to carry that full ...

Thread: AKJ Concealco IWB holsters

AKJ Concealco IWB holsters

Does anybody have one? For what pistol? Some of you might know I've been searching for the best option for me to carry that full size P220R. Alot of you gave me opinions and options before I know, but I don't think this was one of them. I've seriously considered those possibilities, and I want to make carrying the SIG a viable option no matter what the weather. I think this design will accommodate my body type well and I may be switching my wallet pocket to the weak hand side in order to carry in the 5 o'clock position. I think I'll need to conceal the butt of the pistol a bit better than my normal carry position for my G27 at 3 o'clock. I'm also thinking as some of you suggested, that I'd want the body/sweat shield and I'm pretty much convinced except now concerned with the location of the thumb safety on the SIG as it's the SAO model even though that safety has a very positive engagement. Cocked and locked is the only way I'll carry this pistol in the first place. As always--I appreciate your input. BTW---the price for this holster is very affordable comparatively. Thanks

AKJ Concealco LLC: IWB Holsters

2. Remove Ads

I carry a Sig 226. My holster is a Galco soft suede outside, leather inside. I've had no problems with it after my skin adjusted to the suede. The beltclip works extremely well when pulling out your weapon fast. Believe me, I know.
    Be Safe,
    christian

I actually have one of the ready line holsters on order for my wife's XD9sc. It hasn't showed up yet though.

If you do a search in this sub-forum you should turn up some results.

-john

I have 3 AKJ Concealco holsters, none of which are presently in use. Glock 30, SIG 239 and SA XD40-C. The holster is a great value, but to ME, I find the MTAC and MS VMII way more comfortable. Maybe if my waist was south of 30" then the comfort would be there.

Sure MTAC/VMII have higher prices, but seeing that my 3x$65 holsters all live in the "holster box"...

YMMV
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Have used them with 1911s and currently have one for a Colt Cobra. Excellent rig and great service. Nothing fancy just a very functional, well built IWB.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDawg View Post
    I have 3 AKJ Concealco holsters, none of which are presently in use. Glock 30, SIG 239 and SA XD40-C. The holster is a great value, but to ME, I find the MTAC and MS VMII way more comfortable. Maybe if my waist was south of 30" then the comfort would be there.

Sure MTAC/VMII have higher prices, but seeing that my 3x$65 holsters all live in the "holster box"...

YMMV
    Thanks DirtDawg. I go 35" at the waist. Comfort IS a concern, however I'm willing to sacrifice 4-5 hours of 'uncomfortable carry' for the 'concealability'. That's what's most important to me. Carrying isn't a breeze and those who have taken up the task must be adaptable. While I'm no fan of constant pain, I'm willing to go the extra mile. Cost plays no part in my final selection, but my principles dictate that I avoid having a 'box of holsters' that never see the light of day.

Have used them with 1911s and currently have one for a Colt Cobra. Excellent rig and great service. Nothing fancy just a very functional, well built IWB.
    Thanks torrejon224---"a very functional, well built IWB."---that's my quest.

I'm anxiously awaiting mine for a G19... one thing different about Concealco's (other than the front loop) is I believe there is one or two extra holes for cant adjustment if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, the 11 week mark was Friday (I ordered a sweat shield), so it should be here this week. I ordered during the holidays, he was out of town one week, got the flu another week, so he was running a bit behind. He posts updates on his website somewhat regularly which I really like. I'll try to remember and posts my thoughts once it comes in.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I have one for an SP101 and carry in it regularly. I have a 34" waist. It is a very good value. I got a plain one and like it. I will say this, I still think I prefer the front snap/strap to be out in front of the holster like on it's own wing instead of the unusual placement on the very front of the holster. However, having said that, it does help by keeping the holster open for one handed reholstering without them having to add a reinforcement band which is something I don't like because of how thick they end up being. In a plain T shirt that front leading snap can actually be the one thing that poke's out. Of course that all depends on where you put it on your hip.

The holster does go on VERY easily without taking your pants/belt on or off which is something I like and the wait was only 4 weeks. I think it's crazy to wait a year or more for a holster. I believe people talk themselves into thinking somehow a holster is worth it but having done that, I believe if you'll take some time to look you'll find much better values. I for one will never wait a year again for a holster. In fact, the reason I found this concealco was because I'd waited half a year or better and I have another holster on order right now that is right at a year and I simply won't do that again. I think you'd be wise to consider this holster or look at the IWB from UBG holsters.

see my full review for the Ruger SP101 here, picture intensive..

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...intensive.html
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I have one for an SP101 and carry in it regularly. I have a 34" waist. It is a very good value. I got a plain one and like it. I will say this, I still think I prefer the front snap/strap to be out in front of the holster like on it's own wing instead of the unusual placement on the very front of the holster. However, having said that, it does help by keeping the holster open for one handed reholstering without them having to add a reinforcement band which is something I don't like because of how thick they end up being. In a plain T shirt that front leading snap can actually be the one thing that poke's out. Of course that all depends on where you put it on your hip.

The holster does go on VERY easily without taking your pants/belt on or off which is something I like and the wait was only 4 weeks. I think it's crazy to wait a year or more for a holster. I believe people talk themselves into thinking somehow a holster is worth it but having done that, I believe if you'll take some time to look you'll find much better values. I for one will never wait a year again for a holster. In fact, the reason I found this concealco was because I'd waited half a year or better and I have another holster on order right now that is right at a year and I simply won't do that again. I think you'd be wise to consider this holster or look at the IWB from UBG holsters.
    I really like the UBG Canute. There is more leather than the one you are looking at, but it shapes to you and holds the grip close. It also stays put. I have a difficult build, 6'3", #225. 46 jacket, 38 dress slacks with the waist and seat brought in a bit. Jeans are a 36" waist. Got the beer gut no butt syndrome, wear pants below the gut, not at the belly button. It's hard to keep pants up just with keys and pocket change. The wings on the holster have shaped to the spot I wear it, and my pants actually stay up better, and this is with an all steel Colt Officer's ACP, and a Lightwieght Commander. The body side of the holster has an extension, and is nicely boned for on safe(even on my left hand rig). With my build, the gun starts about 4" lower than my waist, but it still covers well with a suit coat, an untucked sweat shirt, or bowling/shop shirt. No reinforced mouth, and Nate cautions it may crush if you draw with a tight belt, but it conceals so nice and slim. If I need to clear leather, replacing a smashed holster is the least of my worries. UBG is quoting 4-6 weeks now. I need to get black and brown for all my carry, and maybe something real purty for the family cookout.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    I really like the UBG Canute.
    PM sent with question

Carried my P220 in one, actually liked it better than my VMII since it was thinner- unreinforced mouth.
    Went with a UBG Canute for my P228 due to shorter wait. Still waiting on one for my S&W 640, looking forward to seeing how it works for a revolver.

I use one for my G21. All day comfort, and hides the large gun very well.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

I have two. One is for a P229 that I carry a compact P220 in, and one is for a P2000SK.

I love them. they're only holsters but I love them.

I responded here earlier.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ealco-iwb.html
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

Links